Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Angel Eyes, 6k Headlights and Fog lights (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661453)

cbell13055 11-30-2012 07:22 PM

Angel Eyes, 6k Headlights and Fog lights
 
Well took the time today to install

DDM Tuning 6k HID D1S bulbs
DDM Tuning 6k HID 9006 bulbs w/ DDM error eliminators
Mtec v3 Angel Eyes

Just wanted to share a few pictures. I think it came out great, and I'm very happy with them. Very easy install.

***Only thing I wish I did was buy the bumper rails for the left and right side. They apparently always break when removing the bumper.

You can see the difference between stock Angel Eye, and DDM 6k vs stock

photo 1

Test before reinstalling

photo 2

The fogs look green here, but definitely the white/blue tint in person

photo 3

photo 4

Eyes are the window to the soul :)

photo 5

GregHolla8 12-01-2012 01:30 AM

it looks very nice ....

hellrazor1 12-01-2012 02:56 AM

looks great!!

cbell13055 12-01-2012 07:56 AM

I'm very happy how the finished product looks :)

samadkins29 12-01-2012 12:37 PM

Looks good! Maybe the pictures are deceiving but those look more like 8k on the bottom?? Whats with the blue hue? Could just be the camera lens. Either way, DDM is an excellent company and you should have no issues with any of their products! One question for you (although I should know this considering I wrote the damn HID guide) Are the DDM D1S a straight swap? (I haven't had to replace mine yet)

OnlySkills 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Looks real nice! Changing yellow to bright white makes the world of difference, especially on bimmers.

1bad540 12-01-2012 03:33 PM

Looks good. I have the 8k fogs they def have a blue tint. and they also come out green in photos.:thumbup:

Db750 12-01-2012 04:24 PM

Very nice! Are the e46 and e92 your's as well?

cbell13055 12-01-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samadkins29 (Post 7225287)
Looks good! Maybe the pictures are deceiving but those look more like 8k on the bottom?? Whats with the blue hue? Could just be the camera lens. Either way, DDM is an excellent company and you should have no issues with any of their products! One question for you (although I should know this considering I wrote the damn HID guide) Are the DDM D1S a straight swap? (I haven't had to replace mine yet)

The D1S was a straight swap. There was clip that wrapped around the bulb itself and twists into the headlight housing. Very simple, but took me a second. Wasn't used to that style bulb install.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Db750 (Post 7225570)
Very nice! Are the e46 and e92 your's as well?

The 330xi is my mothers, and the 335i is my brothers. Father also has a 525xi. Kind of a BMW family lol.

Also to clear it up. I ordered the 6k bulbs for the headlights, and the fog lights. Whether they are different than marked I can't say for sure. They both have a white/blue tint to them but I would say they are a bit more on the whiter side. Overall extremely happy with how they look, and I've had tons of compliments thus far :).

I had DDM in cars for the past 5 years (2 cars) and only ever have a fog light go bad, but I found the lens was cracked and leaking a little water inside so that was the lens fault, and not the bulb failure.

daman4d00 12-02-2012 08:23 AM

Cbell, you said when you took off the bumper the left and right bumper rails broke. what are those and if I take my bumper off to replace my angle eyes when they break on me also??

daman4d00 12-02-2012 08:26 AM

I want to do the same thing to my 7 as you did. Im jus trying to get all the info before I try it myself. where did you get the lights from??

cbell13055 12-02-2012 08:50 AM

I got the mtec v3's from e92 lighting, and the heads and fogs from DDM. Do a google search they will pop right up

Daman, the rails are about 15 bucks each. I would get them before installing if I had to again, even thought the bumper sits flush and tight without.

The bumper rail sits behind the bumper on the left and right sides. They are held on by 2 torx head style bolts. Very simple to change. You have to pull the bumper away from these rails to get it off. There is a thread with pictures on here that I followed. Very simple.

hd750Li 12-02-2012 10:20 AM

cbell: nicely done man! Do you have part number(s) for the rails? I've been itching doing that for quite sometime. Thanks in advance.

Rookie2008 12-02-2012 11:51 AM

Looks good! Definitely a better look.

lodac 12-03-2012 02:06 PM

looks great!

Mtec Angel eyes are one of the tops on my list.

One weekend i'm going to accomplish AngelEyes, Fog HID, and lens restoration with blackout corners. The weather here keeps holding out, I might do it this weekend.

cmpcpro 12-03-2012 05:02 PM

Looks great, but I have to say, I feel angel eyes are more for accent.. those super bright ones just don't look good to me.. I bought some ebay ones at a local place and they are nice but a little too dim, I am thinking the Mtec v1 would be perfect for me.. gives it a nice accent but not over done

cbell13055 12-03-2012 08:12 PM

You would be surprised, the mtec v3 angel eyes aren't that bight....not like some I've seen. In my opinion they are perfect.

E92-Lighting 12-05-2012 11:06 AM

great choice on the MTEC V3 angel eyes :), they are all made with CREE chipsets for maximum brightness

E92-Lighting 12-05-2012 11:07 AM

only 2006+ 7 series will need to remove the front bumper

gmcclintock 12-05-2012 11:24 AM

Where did you get your FOG Lamp bulbs from? can you post the link for me?

samadkins29 12-05-2012 04:53 PM

Its in my HID install guide. ddmtuning.com, dont forget the error eliminators. Also note that your fogs MAY be reversed polarity. Mine blew out my first set of error eliminators.

SilversnakeBMW 12-09-2012 08:17 PM

Looks GREAT!!!! I just ordered some new stuff too...

HIGH'S : 55w H7 Kit in 8,000k ( looks like 6k's) just ordered tonight DDM
LOWS': Not sure if im going 55w or 35w ( more then likely im going 55w) so im holding off on this until I see my fogs.
FOGS: I have this kit for my fogs... http://www.xtralights.com/xetronicdi...6typepair.aspx their a 35w kit I took off my other car and going to put them in my fogs this week to see how they look. If I dont like them im going to order a 55w low beam and fog beam kits.

Now I just need to find out what company makes the BRIGHTEST LED angel eye package any suggestions?

KaileSvick 12-12-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbell13055 (Post 7224255)
Well took the time today to install

DDM Tuning 6k HID D1S bulbs
DDM Tuning 6k HID 9006 bulbs w/ DDM error eliminators
Mtec v3 Angel Eyes

Just wanted to share a few pictures. I think it came out great, and I'm very happy with them. Very easy install.

***Only thing I wish I did was buy the bumper rails for the left and right side. They apparently always break when removing the bumper.

You can see the difference between stock Angel Eye, and DDM 6k vs stock

photo 1

Test before reinstalling

photo 2

The fogs look green here, but definitely the white/blue tint in person

photo 3

photo 4

Eyes are the window to the soul :)

photo 5


Looks great! I will be doing the same thing shortly. How much of a difference of the light output on the road?

samadkins29 12-13-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaileSvick (Post 7246743)
Looks great! I will be doing the same thing shortly. How much of a difference of the light output on the road?

His headlights will give slightly less usable light on the road. The fogs will be about the same or more usable light, depending on whether or not he installed a 35w or 55w kit.

cbell13055 12-13-2012 10:24 AM

He is correct. The light output from the headlights are slightly less, but not much to be a huge difference. Then the fog lights are a bit brighter. So it balances out. Overall I'm very happy, and wouldn't change a thing :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms