Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F12 / F13 (2012 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   '12 650xi Coupe ----> '13 650xi GC (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661661)

XZLR8 12-01-2012 08:52 PM

'12 650xi Coupe ----> '13 650xi GC

1 Attachment(s)
Well, gents (and ladies?), I took delivery of my GC yesterday, thus ending my year with the 6er Coupe. I'm elated with the switch so far, but don't think you'll be getting rid of me quite so easily. We're all in love with 6ers, after all.

(And you should check out the GC board occasionally, too!)

DJHomie 12-01-2012 08:55 PM

Congrats..:thumbup:

southern6er22 12-02-2012 10:24 AM

Congrats!

How does it drive/handle/ride compared to your '12 coupe? Any difference in exhaust note?

XZLR8 12-02-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 7226529)
Congrats!

How does it drive/handle/ride compared to your '12 coupe? Any difference in exhaust note?

Thanks.

Drive and handling wise, I don't feel a lot of difference. Of course, the engine upgrade is nice and certainly noticeable. It seems smoother overall, too. No difference in exhaust note that I've noticed. Of course, I've again opted for a non-MSport in part because of the exhaust note.

There's a detectable difference in seating position that's interesting to me. I copied my settings, including the seat settings, from the old car to the new one, but something is still different... a bit more sedan-like and upright than I tended to sit in the Coupe. I'd read somewhere that the seats in the GC are bolted in an inch or two higher than the Coupe/Vert, so maybe that's it.

And three big cheers for Individual leather. The Canyon Brown is gorgeous... and leather everywhere.

pan 12-02-2012 02:59 PM

From your avatar picture it is hard to tell the color of the GC it looks much whiter than your coupe. Is it the same color?

Over Thanksgiving we spent time in Minneapolis helping my brother-in-law look for a new car. While in the BMW dealership I saw a Space Gray GC with a black interior. I think I made my decision for the next car.

XZLR8 12-02-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pan (Post 7226914)
From your avatar picture it is hard to tell the color of the GC it looks much whiter than your coupe. Is it the same color?

Over Thanksgiving we spent time in Minneapolis helping my brother-in-law look for a new car. While in the BMW dealership I saw a Space Gray GC with a black interior. I think I made my decision for the next car.

It's Titanium Silver... as always.

EmM HoLLa 12-02-2012 06:57 PM

Sweet!...

XZLR8 12-02-2012 08:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Couple more shots...

southern6er22 12-02-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XZLR8 (Post 7226626)
Thanks.

Drive and handling wise, I don't feel a lot of difference. Of course, the engine upgrade is nice and certainly noticeable. It seems smoother overall, too. No difference in exhaust note that I've noticed. Of course, I've again opted for a non-MSport in part because of the exhaust note.

There's a detectable difference in seating position that's interesting to me. I copied my settings, including the seat settings, from the old car to the new one, but something is still different... a bit more sedan-like and upright than I tended to sit in the Coupe. I'd read somewhere that the seats in the GC are bolted in an inch or two higher than the Coupe/Vert, so maybe that's it.

And three big cheers for Individual leather. The Canyon Brown is gorgeous... and leather everywhere.

That leather is gorgeous. Is the glovebox door covered in leather with the Individual? And what about the backs of the front seats? I'd hope that they'd do away with the Dakota seat backs in the GC. All of the GCs I've been inside of were 640i GCs, and they had Dakota everywhere.

I remember reading the same thing about the GC seats mounted higher. It would be difficult for them to make the seats any lower than the coupe/'vert without making the driver reminiscent of someone in a rap video or Mavis on her way to bingo.

I was at the dealer yesterday, and I was again shocked about the legroom in the back. All 6' 4" of me were okay, but my head did touch the roof. Considering a small percentage of the world is as annoyingly tall as I am, I think it can be counted as a success.

Are you loving the full LEDs? They look gorgeous... Just had to say that again...For the hundredth time :)

XZLR8 12-02-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 7227528)
That leather is gorgeous. Is the glovebox door covered in leather with the Individual? And what about the backs of the front seats? I'd hope that they'd do away with the Dakota seat backs in the GC. All of the GCs I've been inside of were 640i GCs, and they had Dakota everywhere.

Yes and yes.

Quote:

I remember reading the same thing about the GC seats mounted higher. It would be difficult for them to make the seats any lower than the coupe/'vert without making the driver reminiscent of someone in a rap video or Mavis on her way to bingo.
Yeah, I actually like the slightly higher seating position quite a lot.

Quote:

I was at the dealer yesterday, and I was again shocked about the legroom in the back. All 6' 4" of me were okay, but my head did touch the roof. Considering a small percentage of the world is as annoyingly tall as I am, I think it can be counted as a success.
It will be nice to be able to have back seat passengers again, that's for sure. It's not 7er (or probably even 5er?) back seat room, but it's definitely useable.

Quote:

Are you loving the full LEDs? They look gorgeous... Just had to say that again...For the hundredth time :)
Haha. They're beautiful, no question. I always hated not having them on my Coupes, but such was the deal at the time.

southern6er22 12-02-2012 09:52 PM

I actually say in the back of a Jaguar XJ (not XJL) yesterday, and I had headroom issues in the back of that car similar to the GC - and legroom in that short wheelbase XJ only afforded me about 1" more than the GC. Pretty impressive since the XJ is classified as a luxury sedan and the GC is a coupe that took some little blue pills.

XZLR8 12-02-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern6er22 (Post 7227597)
I actually say in the back of a Jaguar XJ (not XJL) yesterday, and I had headroom issues in the back of that car similar to the GC - and legroom in that short wheelbase XJ only afforded me about 1" more than the GC. Pretty impressive since the XJ is classified as a luxury sedan and the GC is a coupe that took some little blue pills.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be very happy with the change. I was contemplating going back to a 7er (I've owned a handful of them over the years), but I just wasn't ready to give up everything I love(d) about the 6er. My hope is that this will be the perfect win-win compromise.

Itinj6 12-03-2012 10:14 PM

Congrats!!! Looking good. Enjoy in good health and don't be a stranger :)

640GC 12-16-2012 08:57 PM

As a GC owner myself, congratulations! Like your color choices.