Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask-A-Dealer (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Question on 60-90 days. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661696)

DJHomie 12-02-2012 05:53 AM

Question on 60-90 days.

I'am confused on this 60-90 day extension on incentives. Do you have 60-90 days from Nov. 1st? or from Jan. 2nd to grab the current deals.. In other words can I make an order let's say on Jan 2nd and have 60-90 days to change my mind ?

Thx.. DJ Homie

Orient330iNYC 12-02-2012 07:46 AM

depends on which incentive. you're in NYC, so you have 60 days from the end of the current program to take delivery. west coast is 90 days. the mf and residual are lockable.

if the incentive is lockable, then you have till march 3rd. if the incentive states something like " must take delivery by ....." then you cannot lock it past that date

DJHomie 12-02-2012 10:05 AM

So can I get this $2000 off a 5 series or $3500 off a 6 series on march 3rd the latest? I'am asking because I have a 2010 altima that's lease is due up in May. I either want a 6 series vert or a 535xi. So I would love a new car by March.

Justin@NCBMW 12-02-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJHomie (Post 7226286)
I'am confused on this 60-90 day extension on incentives. Do you have 60-90 days from Nov. 1st? or from Jan. 2nd to grab the current deals.. In other words can I make an order let's say on Jan 2nd and have 60-90 days to change my mind ?

Thx.. DJ Homie

Based on your location you have 60 days from program end date... must contract within 60 days from Jan 2nd to claim any lockable Dec incentives

DJHomie 12-02-2012 12:31 PM

Ok, so I can walk into a dealership or order it from one of our sponsors before March 2 and get the deals that are offered now, right?

SARAFIL 12-02-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJHomie (Post 7226782)
Ok, so I can walk into a dealership or order it from one of our sponsors before March 2 and get the deals that are offered now, right?

You must also submit a credit app and get approved by BMW

DJHomie 12-02-2012 01:34 PM

Thanks alot for your input guys..:thumbup:

lsleelee 12-03-2012 02:33 PM

Do you get locked in just by submitting a credit app and getting it approved, or do you actually have to place some kind of order?

hamlyn 12-03-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW (Post 7226671)
Based on your location you have 60 days from program end date... must contract within 60 days from Jan 2nd to claim any lockable Dec incentives

If I take delivery of an ED on March 5, can I sign a contract with BMWFS before then to get these promotions? Also, does my dealer have to be or do I need to live on the West Coast for the 90 days?
Where is the East/West Coast cut-off?

Orient330iNYC 12-04-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamlyn (Post 7229527)
If I take delivery of an ED on March 5, can I sign a contract with BMWFS before then to get these promotions? Also, does my dealer have to be or do I need to live on the West Coast for the 90 days?
Where is the East/West Coast cut-off?

with ED you sign (and start paying) for your car before you leave to pick up the car. typically a week or two before the pickup date, but some dealers may ask for it earlier.

Crzy'boutBimmer 12-05-2012 09:41 PM

A question:

To avail the New Year discount, is it enough to place the order by January 2, 2013 (obviously after getting approved by BMWFS and all paperwork done)? I am planning an ED and I doubt it will be ready by March 2013. Thanks!

stormace 12-06-2012 09:08 PM

So in ca,last day to contract is April 2 to get holiday incentives? 90 days in ca right?

miamiboyca 12-07-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJHomie (Post 7226864)
Thanks alot for your input guys..:thumbup:

Remember if you use a California dealer like Justin you get 90 days. The only difference is you have to pick up at PCD.

akaMomo 12-10-2012 07:00 PM

You need to order car during the promo period - and sign papers (for most that is take delivery) within the 60/90 day limit - to use a particular incentive (ie current holiday cash through Jan 2). The MF & residual are locked when you order and you can either use that rate or any better rate that comes along up to delivery. The program and rate have to be available at same time, you can't mix and match (I originally locked rates with an order before Holiday Cash promo. To use Holiday Cash promo I must use a rate from within the promo period). Once you sign papers it is all unchangeable.

Did that just make it more confusing? Hopefully it's a bit more clear now...

DJHomie 12-10-2012 08:07 PM

:confused:..What????. Lol, JK. Thanks.:thumbup:

Leonardo629 12-11-2012 12:32 AM

I see a lot of unanswered questions here.

You need get approved by BMWFS first, then you have officially locked in for the promotion and rates for that month for 90 days in CA and 60 days else where.

Anyone can order a car, and not everyone will get approved.

If the BMW you desired is going to made in Germany, then it's a good idea to get approved first and have your advisor start looking for an allocation for you, and get your car ordered asap.

I got my allocation from Justin, and I was approved literally within minutes after I sent him my BMWFS credit app via e-mail.

akaMomo 12-11-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo629 (Post 7242286)

You need get approved by BMWFS first, then you have officially locked in for the promotion and rates for that month for 90 days in CA and 60 days else where.

If the BMW you desired is going to made in Germany, then it's a good idea to get approved first and have your advisor start looking for an allocation for you, and get your car ordered asap.

I got my allocation from Justin, and I was approved literally within minutes after I sent him my BMWFS credit app via e-mail.

Benefiting from a program has little to do when you order except that the delivery of the vehicle needs to be within 60/90 days of THE END OF THE PROGRAM.

miamiboyca 12-11-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo629 (Post 7242286)

I see almost everything answered here, clearly and concisely. While I agree that not EVERYONE will get approved, most will. BMW has pretty lenient credit requirements at long as you dont mind paying a premium (higher rates) and make enough money to actually afford the car.