Recommendations for tire & wheel protection?
So if I get a X5 with the 20 inch wheels which I love, does any body have a recommendation on a type of road hazard warranty that would protect both the wheels and the tires?
Also once you have a flat on a run flat tire does it damage the rim?
Thanks in advance for your help.
How many wheels have you broken on other cars?
1. Go to a tire store with the new car and ask to buy a 'road hazard warranty' for the tires- MANY will sell these to you for 25-40 per tire.
2. DON'T fall for the BMW lie that 'you cannot repair runflats'. You can, the tire manufacturers recommend it.
3. The warranty will cover any non-repairable damage.
4. When you wear out the tires, buy new ones from a tire store with the warranty.
5. With the $1200 you save, you can 'self insure' in the incredibly unlikely event you damage a rim such that it will not hold air (this is what most warranties cover... they will not cover bends or cosmetics)
Driving on a RFT will NOT damage the rim unless you drive 500 miles and the tire disintegrates and you end up on the rim. :)
Lots of threads about this....
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms