Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Delay in production? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662337)

RajG 12-05-2012 08:57 AM

Delay in production?

I placed an order to build an X5 50i on Nov 23rd and when I call BMWNA, the automated message says the following "vehicle is scheduled for production, but no production date has been set". Any thoughts on whether this is uncommon or not? From reading other posts, it sounds like X5s have gone into production within a week of ordering.

Raj

kankou 12-05-2012 09:03 AM

ask your CA for the exact week of your allocation slot.

when i placed my order, my CA was able to show me on his computer screen that my allocation was slotted for the following week.

Sean 12-05-2012 09:38 AM

Agree, you need to find out the est. build week.

Edit: BTW, Week 49 is currently in production.

RajG 12-05-2012 10:48 AM

I asked my CA and he said there isn't any other information available. The only information I've gotten from him is the production number. Kind of frustrating. . .

kankou 12-05-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajG (Post 7232515)
I asked my CA and he said there isn't any other information available. The only information I've gotten from him is the product number. Kind of frustrating. . .

Your CA is either ignorant or lazy. There should be a build week associated with your production number, and that is something they can look up.

Sean 12-05-2012 11:34 AM

Your CA can look up the production status via a vehicle inquiry; status.

BMW_F1 12-05-2012 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RajG (Post 7232515)
I asked my CA and he said there isn't any other information available. The only information I've gotten from him is the production number. Kind of frustrating. . .

Tell him to go to dealerspeed.net and go to the vehicle inquiry page, more specifically the status tab. Here is a screenshot where the information is listed. Tell him also to send you a screenshot of this page to prove it.

ard 12-06-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kankou (Post 7232602)
Your CA is either ignorant or lazy. There should be a build week associated with your production number, and that is something they can look up.

There is a third option (which I take heat on by dealers)...that is the CA is lying.

He knows that they have eiher NOT decided WHICH production slot they will give you, or he is purposefully not telling you. Indeed, his boss may have booked the sale and is just waiting to see which production slot he puts you in based on how profitable your deal is, versus others. He may have you in a February slot, waiting to see what he needs to put in to make his year end numbers- if higher paying deals come in, you may be SOL

When you cut a deal you MUST include 'which week of production do I get' as part of the negotiation.

There are MANY threads on this. Many. One guy got jerked around for 2-3 months with the same "Oh, you know BMW" story...then he found out he was being played. All that time gone.

Tell him "I want a confirmed production week listed on dealer speed by close of business ___, or the deal is cancelled"

RajG 12-08-2012 05:48 AM

I was able to get a confirmation. It went into production this week with an estimated completion date of 12/14. Hopefully I'll have it by Christmas. Thanks everyone for their help.

Raj

5seriesHB 12-27-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajG (Post 7237537)
I was able to get a confirmation. It went into production this week with an estimated completion date of 12/14. Hopefully I'll have it by Christmas. Thanks everyone for their help.

Raj

Anything come for christmas RAJ:dunno: