Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   new-bee to the beemer world (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662458)

OU812MACH1 12-05-2012 07:33 PM

new-bee to the beemer world

Hello, just bought a 2009 BMW 328i M-sport sedan to replace my wifes totaled 2007 G-35 sport coupe.
I will be looking to do a few mods to improve performance and mileage. This car seems totally different than the cars I've owned or presently own. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Fast Bob 12-05-2012 08:16 PM

Howdy,

This carries a fair amount of weight around here:

"Beemers" have 2 wheels

"Bimmers" have 4 wheels (hence, "Bimmerfest")

As far as engine mods go, you can pretty much forget about it....it ain`t happening. BMWs are not like Mustangs, `Vettes, Hondas, etc., they don`t respond to the usual hop-up tricks like CAI (already got one from the factory), chip, cat-back exhaust, etc. Another 80 or so HP is possible by supercharging, but you`ll need plenty of cash for that.
There`s a saying around here: "Learn to love what ya got, or buy a faster car"....

OU812MACH1 12-06-2012 07:14 PM

Thank u for setting me straight. Been calling them beemers since the early 80's.

So a K&N filter and enjoy the ride ?

I was going to search the forums for exhaust and other mods. I can't remember having a car this quiet.

Fast Bob 12-06-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OU812MACH1 (Post 7235408)
Thank u for setting me straight. Been calling them beemers since the early 80's.

So a K&N filter and enjoy the ride ?

I was going to search the forums for exhaust and other mods. I can't remember having a car this quiet.

K&N of the oiled variety are also known around these parts as Krap & Nasty, as they have been the Kiss Of Death to many a MAF. Aftermarket intakes & exhausts will give you more noise, and nothing else. There`s a million exhaust sound clips on YouTube, some of them sound pretty good....

OU812MACH1 12-07-2012 06:51 PM

I've sold many K&N filters in my day. I have always to people to kleen the filter before use and put 3 light coats on about 10min apart.your looking for a light pink color and not dripping bloody red oil. The K&N filt
are soaked in oil because they never know just how long the filter is going to sit on a sellers shelve. Before finding a home..
The ride of the 328i M-SPORT is far superior to the infiniti G-35. And the mileage is up 3-4 Mpg. Over the G on every day city driving.

ModBargains.com 12-14-2012 05:35 PM

There are a ton of things you can add to your 328 in terms of performance to add a bit of power.

Performance:
BMS Power Box
aFe stage 2 si intake
Rogue Engineering Ikon Exhaust

We carry a ton of mods for your car and this is just a small list of what you can possibly do. Feel free to drop me a pm, email me at Alan@modbargains.com, or give me a call at 714-582-3330 x 8006 if you'd like to speak about this in more detail :thumbup: