Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   BMW roundel hood emblem (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662533)

bmwblack55 12-06-2012 08:08 AM

BMW roundel hood emblem
 
Seems like roundel is gone from the hood. Where to buy it and how to install it . Ideas or links appreciated

txag_530i 12-06-2012 09:24 AM

Part # 51 14 8 132 375

Installation video

Your dealer will have them in stock.

Jaycal3 12-06-2012 04:59 PM

I got Black and white roundels (not stickers) from Nerweezy at Trinity. I am pretty sure he has the OEM ones as well. Many places wil be cheaper than the stealerships... Look here: http://www.trinityautosport.com/

Installation is simple... place the new one in the grommet s(get new grommets if you need them) and hit straight down with your palm...

conrad540i 01-28-2013 05:50 PM

i replaced my hood roundel today (some punks vandalized my original one). there are tons you can get on ebay for $5-15 but they are probably all chinese junk and will peel or fall off easily. i just went to my local dealer and picked one up for $21, and he threw in the grommets for free. some places like bavauto want $30 for a OEM roundel, and $1.95 for EACH grommet... and that's not including shipping.

bimmerzone 02-05-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwblack55 (Post 7234289)
Seems like roundel is gone from the hood. Where to buy it and how to install it . Ideas or links appreciated

you can take a look at the link to install over here
http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Access...148132375.html

Hope this helps.

lib 05-29-2013 10:21 AM

Mine is gone...... it doesn't look anything like the video indicates... perhaps I just lost part of it?

I'll order a replacement and cross my fingers that I am supposed to pry off the metal that remains.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/dat...um/photo43.JPG

redhotdave 05-29-2013 10:24 AM

I'd like to find a roundel that would fit over my start button. The "push to start" has become very worn, was already worn heavily when i bought it @ 34k miles. I've looked but all of the ones i've found are way too big.

bimmerzone 05-29-2013 10:27 AM

that is only half gone, you do need to remove that remainder part (its actually plastic)

Hope this helps


Quote:

Originally Posted by lib (Post 7616999)
Mine is gone...... it doesn't look anything like the video indicates... perhaps I just lost part of it?

I'll order a replacement and cross my fingers that I am supposed to pry off the metal that remains.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/dat...um/photo43.JPG


Macklyn 05-29-2013 06:44 PM

I hate it when little punks think its funny to mess with your car just because it's a BMW, MB, etc. I seen a kid just start kicking the rear quarter panel of a corvette while walking by, WTF! If I seen someone do that to my car I'd be the one up on charges I'm sure! Sorry, seen your post and it just hits a nerve with me :mad:


Quote:

Originally Posted by conrad540i (Post 7344433)
i replaced my hood roundel today (some punks vandalized my original one). there are tons you can get on ebay for $5-15 but they are probably all chinese junk and will peel or fall off easily. i just went to my local dealer and picked one up for $21, and he threw in the grommets for free. some places like bavauto want $30 for a OEM roundel, and $1.95 for EACH grommet... and that's not including shipping.


Macklyn 05-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhotdave (Post 7617010)
I'd like to find a roundel that would fit over my start button. The "push to start" has become very worn, was already worn heavily when i bought it @ 34k miles. I've looked but all of the ones i've found are way too big.

Now that would look cool! If you find one let me know!:thumbup:

boramkiv 05-29-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhotdave (Post 7617010)
I'd like to find a roundel that would fit over my start button. The "push to start" has become very worn, was already worn heavily when i bought it @ 34k miles. I've looked but all of the ones i've found are way too big.

Worn or dirty?
Scratched off?
Probably lots of finger nail contact.

Here's a batmobile...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1317274356

redhotdave 05-30-2013 08:21 PM

BMW roundel hood emblem
 
Worn off, coating is gone on half of it down to the white plastic.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Mike Swing 06-02-2013 04:45 PM

I just lost my roundel on the hood. I couldn't get part of the grommet out and it fell into the hole. Is there any other way to get it out?

redhotdave 06-03-2013 08:06 AM

i just saw the batmobile picture, not sure why i didn't earlier. I don't see me putting that actual image over the push button, but maybe i'll think of something "non bmw" to go in it's place.................... interesting!

Ramsey Barnette 06-03-2013 12:39 PM

Make sure you get an OEM Roundel: http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Genuine-Ro...EM+BMW+Roundel

boramkiv 06-03-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhotdave (Post 7626892)
i just saw the batmobile picture, not sure why i didn't earlier. I don't see me putting that actual image over the push button, but maybe i'll think of something "non bmw" to go in it's place.................... interesting!

I got the pic from here.
You can see the member was very creative, and i'm sure a Roundel can be done if careful enough.
Not something I would do, but hey to each his own.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms