Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Why I will never buy another BMW (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662537)

fayskelley 12-06-2012 08:30 AM

Why I will never buy another BMW
 
I paid $25,000 for a nice BMW and I have kept it in excellent condition. Not one ding on it.

I have BOTH a CPO and Maintenance warranty on it that will expire during March.

I HAVE TRIED FOR OVER A YEAR to get the computer fixed as it acts crazy re the miles for the next service. Last time I spent a LOT of time explaining over and over and over to the BOTH the service shop foreman and the rep that I wanted the computer fixed this time. I told them I had complained about it every single time I had come in ....

They kept the car for FIVE days saying that they were running software on it to fix it.

It had said 4,000 til next service last month and should say today 2000 or 3000 Miles to service (I'm a realtor and drive a lot), which would bring it into February, not the March 3013 that is when my warranty runs out.

It started changing to 7,000, then 9,000 and now is at 14,000 miles til next service when I took it in.

WHEN I GOT MY CAR BACK IT STILL SAID 14,000 MILE TO NEXT SERVICE.

WTF !

I feel completely hopeless to get this fixed ... as they seem completely unresponsive to my many trips and pleas. TWICE during the last year I have made a trip TWO HOURS ONE WAY (I'm in Sedona and dealership is in Chandler AZ) for NOTHING because the computer was wrong.

I got the nonsense that someone didn't reset it right. Now I am absolutely
positive that it does not work correctly .... and no one seems to care.

It is the CORPORATE POLICY with a used car to do as little as possible re computer equipment?

I am absolutely APPALLED to have paid that much money to be treated like a poor relation.

I have paid probably 1500 in replacing 6 tires (run flats) because of one nail and my husband is fit to be tide that they cannot "fix" a flat that is a simple nail in the middle of the tire.

I have dropped money to have bushings fixed because they apparently didn't notice how bad the struts were and then more deferred maintenance damage was done ....

They act like they are deaf, giving me a bunch of verbal nonsense, and when I called to complain I get a phone message that says "Call me and I'll talk to you so you feel better."

WTF !

They must be under some corporate restriction that prohibits them from fixing my car as I cannot believe that any human being would be so cold after many trips down to the PHX area during the past year.

I then when I got the email from BMW HQ told exactly what happened, asked them to CALL ME ON THE PHONE ANY AFTERNOON, and guess what? Have not heard from them in two weeks.

What the heck is going on with BMW. Worst car experience of my life!
:thumbdwn: and to pay THAT much money for a car that has both a CPO AND A MAINTENANCE WARRANTY is incomprehensible to me.

I drove Audis for years and they are crap compared to BMWs but I or my hubby used to do the work ourselves. Now in real estate I don't have time or skills and knowledge to work on modern cars and I was hoping that buying a nice car with CPO and with Maintenance agreement would put my mind at ease. This has been a complete nightmare !

Fast Bob 12-06-2012 10:05 AM

You are FAR too much of a crybaby to own a BMW....I smell a Camry in your future....:rofl:

777eThOd* 12-06-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Bob (Post 7234497)
You are FAR too much of a crybaby to own a BMW....I smell a Camry in your future....:rofl:

+1, nicely said. BMWs are not easy to maintain. Just sell it right now, and get a Honda.

fayskelley 12-08-2012 08:36 AM

Does anyone here on the forum have a factory warranty as well as maintenance contract on their BMW? Someone with some constructive solution to this situation? It seems a rather poor statement of BMW HQ that they do not respond to less than satisfactory service from their dealership, especially one as
large as Phoenix.

Now I am faced with a situation with a KNOWN problem about the BMW, an expensive, sophisticated, already-admitted-by-previous-poster car that is difficult to maintain (as if I'm the one who is supposed to fix my own car with a factory warranty and maintenance agreement), even apparently for the dealership themselves who can't seem to fix it after a year ... Whining, I think not. I have been way too patient and am at a loss as to how to resolve this.

So how am I to sell a car that needs fixing when I can't get the dealership to HONOR THEIR AGREEMENT to fix it. Why would I palm off a car with a known problem to someone else ... with a warranty on it the the dealership is obviously not able to or won't fix.

Take it to another dealership to fix? Does anyone have any constructive ideas?

fayskelley 12-08-2012 09:05 AM

Upon second thought, perhaps the moderator can just delete the entire thread.

Thank you ~

Z33 SHOE 12-08-2012 11:38 AM

try taking it to a german specialty shop? I've had problems with vw dealerships before. they charge me for a few hours of labor just to "find out" what the problem is.
Or take it to a different bmw dealership that actually cares about it's customers? For my situation I drove 20 miles in a different direction to end up in a completely better dealer and they were kind and nice, and for the time spent of finding the problem it was free, so you just have to find your muse when you go to a dealer.
And relax, you just bought the car and you're already saying you want to get rid of it because some numbers change. Someone you take it to at some point will fix it and be done with it. newer software in cars isn't as great as the idea actually was.

fayskelley 12-08-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z33 SHOE (Post 7237957)
try taking it to a german specialty shop? I've had problems with vw dealerships before. they charge me for a few hours of labor just to "find out" what the problem is.
Or take it to a different bmw dealership that actually cares about it's customers? For my situation I drove 20 miles in a different direction to end up in a completely better dealer and they were kind and nice, and for the time spent of finding the problem it was free, so you just have to find your muse when you go to a dealer.
And relax, you just bought the car and you're already saying you want to get rid of it because some numbers change. Someone you take it to at some point will fix it and be done with it. newer software in cars isn't as great as the idea actually was.

Thank you - I'll try the dealership in N. Scottsdale. And while I'm there I check for private shop as well. Appreciate your comments ~



thanks again ~

CALLAWAY845 12-08-2012 06:17 PM

Hello Fay. Sorry to hear your troubles. I also have gotten the run-around at the Chandler location. If I was you, I would try BMW North Scottsdale (as you have already stated), ask for Eric. They have a diagnostic guy that helped me find an answer to a problem that was nagging my X5. If you are in need of an excellent independant shop, PM me. Give Eric a call, he is excellent...I was once in your position, very frustrated with Chapman, when I finally found him.

fayskelley 12-08-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CALLAWAY845 (Post 7238445)
Hello Fay. Sorry to hear your troubles. I also have gotten the run-around at the Chandler location. If I was you, I would try BMW North Scottsdale (as you have already stated), ask for Eric. They have a diagnostic guy that helped me find an answer to a problem that was nagging my X5. If you are in need of an excellent independant shop, PM me. Give Eric a call, he is excellent...I was once in your position, very frustrated with Chapman, when I finally found him.

Awesome, and thank you !

sawnteh 12-09-2012 07:21 AM

dang. i would send an email and letter 2 hq every wk



Quote:

Originally Posted by fayskelley (Post 7234338)
I paid $25,000 for a nice BMW and I have kept it in excellent condition. Not one ding on it.

I have BOTH a CPO and Maintenance warranty on it that will expire during March.

I HAVE TRIED FOR OVER A YEAR to get the computer fixed as it acts crazy re the miles for the next service. Last time I spent a LOT of time explaining over and over and over to the BOTH the service shop foreman and the rep that I wanted the computer fixed this time. I told them I had complained about it every single time I had come in ....

They kept the car for FIVE days saying that they were running software on it to fix it.

It had said 4,000 til next service last month and should say today 2000 or 3000 Miles to service (I'm a realtor and drive a lot), which would bring it into February, not the March 3013 that is when my warranty runs out.

It started changing to 7,000, then 9,000 and now is at 14,000 miles til next service when I took it in.

WHEN I GOT MY CAR BACK IT STILL SAID 14,000 MILE TO NEXT SERVICE.

WTF !

I feel completely hopeless to get this fixed ... as they seem completely unresponsive to my many trips and pleas. TWICE during the last year I have made a trip TWO HOURS ONE WAY (I'm in Sedona and dealership is in Chandler AZ) for NOTHING because the computer was wrong.

I got the nonsense that someone didn't reset it right. Now I am absolutely
positive that it does not work correctly .... and no one seems to care.

It is the CORPORATE POLICY with a used car to do as little as possible re computer equipment?

I am absolutely APPALLED to have paid that much money to be treated like a poor relation.

I have paid probably 1500 in replacing 6 tires (run flats) because of one nail and my husband is fit to be tide that they cannot "fix" a flat that is a simple nail in the middle of the tire.

I have dropped money to have bushings fixed because they apparently didn't notice how bad the struts were and then more deferred maintenance damage was done ....

They act like they are deaf, giving me a bunch of verbal nonsense, and when I called to complain I get a phone message that says "Call me and I'll talk to you so you feel better."

WTF !

They must be under some corporate restriction that prohibits them from fixing my car as I cannot believe that any human being would be so cold after many trips down to the PHX area during the past year.

I then when I got the email from BMW HQ told exactly what happened, asked them to CALL ME ON THE PHONE ANY AFTERNOON, and guess what? Have not heard from them in two weeks.

What the heck is going on with BMW. Worst car experience of my life!
:thumbdwn: and to pay THAT much money for a car that has both a CPO AND A MAINTENANCE WARRANTY is incomprehensible to me.

I drove Audis for years and they are crap compared to BMWs but I or my hubby used to do the work ourselves. Now in real estate I don't have time or skills and knowledge to work on modern cars and I was hoping that buying a nice car with CPO and with Maintenance agreement would put my mind at ease. This has been a complete nightmare !


sawnteh 12-09-2012 07:27 AM

u dont have 2 buy a new tire. run flats can b repaired. talk 2 a shop that only specialists n tires. theyll fix it. i had 3 repairs done sincei bought my 328xi in 2011 and never had a problem. totalcost $75 w/tip

fayskelley 12-09-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawnteh (Post 7239026)
dang. i would send an email and letter 2 hq every wk

Thanks, that's a good idea ~

fayskelley 12-09-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawnteh (Post 7239036)
u dont have 2 buy a new tire. run flats can b repaired. talk 2 a shop that only specialists n tires. theyll fix it. i had 3 repairs done sincei bought my 328xi in 2011 and never had a problem. totalcost $75 w/tip

Actually I brought the last 2 home. They were never "flat" as the shop found a nail in each but they had stayed inflated. They are sitting here and I was going to take them to a tire shop here in town to repair them.

Murphy's Law, I'll never had another flat again ... LOL

Thanks !!

Rover 12-13-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayskelley (Post 7234338)
I paid $25,000 for a nice BMW and I have kept it in excellent condition. Not one ding on it.

I have BOTH a CPO and Maintenance warranty on it that will expire during March.

I HAVE TRIED FOR OVER A YEAR to get the computer fixed as it acts crazy re the miles for the next service. Last time I spent a LOT of time explaining over and over and over to the BOTH the service shop foreman and the rep that I wanted the computer fixed this time. I told them I had complained about it every single time I had come in ....

They kept the car for FIVE days saying that they were running software on it to fix it.

It had said 4,000 til next service last month and should say today 2000 or 3000 Miles to service (I'm a realtor and drive a lot), which would bring it into February, not the March 3013 that is when my warranty runs out.

It started changing to 7,000, then 9,000 and now is at 14,000 miles til next service when I took it in.

WHEN I GOT MY CAR BACK IT STILL SAID 14,000 MILE TO NEXT SERVICE.

WTF !

I feel completely hopeless to get this fixed ... as they seem completely unresponsive to my many trips and pleas. TWICE during the last year I have made a trip TWO HOURS ONE WAY (I'm in Sedona and dealership is in Chandler AZ) for NOTHING because the computer was wrong.

I got the nonsense that someone didn't reset it right. Now I am absolutely
positive that it does not work correctly .... and no one seems to care.

It is the CORPORATE POLICY with a used car to do as little as possible re computer equipment?

I am absolutely APPALLED to have paid that much money to be treated like a poor relation.

I have paid probably 1500 in replacing 6 tires (run flats) because of one nail and my husband is fit to be tide that they cannot "fix" a flat that is a simple nail in the middle of the tire.

I have dropped money to have bushings fixed because they apparently didn't notice how bad the struts were and then more deferred maintenance damage was done ....

They act like they are deaf, giving me a bunch of verbal nonsense, and when I called to complain I get a phone message that says "Call me and I'll talk to you so you feel better."

WTF !

They must be under some corporate restriction that prohibits them from fixing my car as I cannot believe that any human being would be so cold after many trips down to the PHX area during the past year.

I then when I got the email from BMW HQ told exactly what happened, asked them to CALL ME ON THE PHONE ANY AFTERNOON, and guess what? Have not heard from them in two weeks.

What the heck is going on with BMW. Worst car experience of my life!
:thumbdwn: and to pay THAT much money for a car that has both a CPO AND A MAINTENANCE WARRANTY is incomprehensible to me.

I drove Audis for years and they are crap compared to BMWs but I or my hubby used to do the work ourselves. Now in real estate I don't have time or skills and knowledge to work on modern cars and I was hoping that buying a nice car with CPO and with Maintenance agreement would put my mind at ease. This has been a complete nightmare !

You need to find a new dealership.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms