Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1999 - 2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Headlight Upgrades (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662572)

thomasgrant57 12-06-2012 10:56 AM

Headlight Upgrades
 
I have a 2004 BMW 325Ci that currently have just the regular halogen lights. I really want angel eyes but I'm having problems figuring out exactly what I need to do. Do I need to upgrade to HIDs or...? Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks

SPDSKTR 12-06-2012 11:01 AM

There's a difference between upgrading headlights and adding angel eyes. You can get angel eyes for your halogen lights, but if you want Xenon lighting, you'll have to do a retrofit.

thomasgrant57 12-06-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSKTR (Post 7234636)
There's a difference between upgrading headlights and adding angel eyes. You can get angel eyes for your halogen lights, but if you want Xenon lighting, you'll have to do a retrofit.

And what would I need to buy and do for the retrofit?

SPDSKTR 12-06-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasgrant57 (Post 7234728)
And what would I need to buy and do for the retrofit?

A guide to lighting: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=925497

An easy DIY retrofit: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=840919

Resource for buying all these parts: http://theretrofitsource.com

You'd still need angel eyes designed for halogen headlights since you're putting HIDs into your existing frame. If you buy OEM Xenon headlights, then you'd buy angel eyes designed for Xenon headlights.

For angel eyes, Umnitza makes a hell of a product. It's pricey, but it's damn impressive. Khoalty sells a $100 alternative, but I have no experience with it.

thomasgrant57 12-06-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPDSKTR (Post 7234750)
A guide to lighting: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=925497

An easy DIY retrofit: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=840919

Resource for buying all these parts: http://theretrofitsource.com

You'd still need angel eyes designed for halogen headlights since you're putting HIDs into your existing frame. If you buy OEM Xenon headlights, then you'd buy angel eyes designed for Xenon headlights.

For angel eyes, Umnitza makes a hell of a product. It's pricey, but it's damn impressive. Khoalty sells a $100 alternative, but I have no experience with it.

Thanks so much! I'm on Umnitza's website and I've run into the problem of not being able to find my car for modifications on drop down lists. It shows years 2003 e46 coupes, and 05's but I can't seem to find one with '03. Any suggestions?

SPDSKTR 12-07-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomasgrant57 (Post 7235031)
Thanks so much! I'm on Umnitza's website and I've run into the problem of not being able to find my car for modifications on drop down lists. It shows years 2003 e46 coupes, and 05's but I can't seem to find one with '03. Any suggestions?

Are you looking for angel eyes?

http://www.umnitza.com/predator-orio...te-p-1198.html

In the drop-down list, you're going to want to pick: 2000-2003 E46 Coupe/Sedan/Wagon


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms