cape fear z3
had continuous problems with leaking roof. changed top in summer of '12. still have 2 problems:
1) water collects in trunk, up against the back of the cab, somehow gets down into battery compartment. no visible sign of moisture anywhere on inside of trunk lid, etc. ??
2) when it rains, both sides of top leak where top meets corner of windshield. tightened adjustment rod. someone said there are rubber gaskets that can be installed between top & windshield . ??? anybody know about this?
3) wood boot around gearshft (auto) has clear plastic coating coming off...is it :dunno:easy to find replacement boot surround?
thanks. we love the car (great condition, 30,000 actual miles), just need to 'tweak' leaking problems.
1) check the rubber seals around the tail lights and 3rd brake light, failing that, your sealing frame around the rear of the top could be leaking. That happens when top shops do a sloppy job fitting a replacement top.
2) at the top of the windshield A pillars, look at the weatherstripping. You will see a triangular shaped outline on the rubber. Over time as the original adhesives in there dry up, water can get in the weep hole then drip out along that outline from inside the weatherstripping. To solve the problem, get some black silicone and smear some over that triangular outline so it seals it up.
3) If you mean the shifter knob, they are available at the dealership, or getbmwparts.com : 25161422879 price is $131.00
Leaking Z3 top
Blocked drains are a big PITA, but they will cause leaks as well. My indy garage cleaned them out after my new top was removed and re-installed because of water in my trunk.
If you didn't install the top yourself, your installer should be willing to help solve the problem. Good luck.
This link fixed my top leak, http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ight=top+leaks As for the trunk leak changing the gasket around the trunk mounted brake light fixed my leak.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms