Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   BMW watches : lifestyle accessories (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665882)

noka 12-24-2012 06:59 AM

BMW watches : lifestyle accessories
 
Anyone own a BMW watch from Lifestyle Accessories? I need a weekend watch and was thinking about this one (80-26-2-179-743). I think it's the same as this one (80-26-2-179-745) but with a stainless band.

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=3222

I suppose I could ask my dealer's parts guy if I could refuse it if I didn't like it.

07X3platinum 12-24-2012 12:54 PM

If you want to save some money go to Amazon.com and search for "BMW watch"

noka 12-24-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07X3platinum (Post 7269195)
If you want to save some money go to Amazon.com and search for "BMW watch"

Thanks, I saw that already. I should check the price through my local dealer parts with BMWCCA discount. I was really interested about comments from anyone who owns a BMW watch.

slambmw 12-25-2012 05:27 PM

There is a holiday special of 20% off in Canada, not sure of the expiry. This helps somewhat from Obscenely to simply Overpriced. Personally don't know anyone owns any of these watches due to the very high prices.

car-fan 12-25-2012 05:57 PM

I have one - albeit with the black strap instead of the embossed crocodile style. I have had it at least 5 years now, I don't wear it much these days. They are made by Tourneau and can be serviced there. My original strap wore pretty quickly, so I took it to the Torneau shop (Aventura, FL) and they replaced it free of charge - same for the original battery. I think the strap quality (leather) could be better, but there have not been any problems with the movement.

They are decent watches for the price point IMHO

noka 12-25-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by car-fan (Post 7270785)
I have one - albeit with the black strap instead of the embossed crocodile style. I have had it at least 5 years now, I don't wear it much these days. They are made by Tourneau and can be serviced there. My original strap wore pretty quickly, so I took it to the Torneau shop (Aventura, FL) and they replaced it free of charge - same for the original battery. I think the strap quality (leather) could be better, but there have not been any problems with the movement.

They are decent watches for the price point IMHO

Thanks for the info. I'd go for the stainless bracelet if I do get one.

noka 12-25-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slambmw (Post 7270757)
There is a holiday special of 20% off in Canada, not sure of the expiry. This helps somewhat from Obscenely to simply Overpriced. Personally don't know anyone owns any of these watches due to the very high prices.

US $200+ for a watch does not seem so high (not compared to my Rolex), unless it is really a marked up $20 watch :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms