Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F06 Gran Coupe (2013 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Car arrived (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666068)

djsaad1 12-25-2012 10:37 AM

Car arrived
 
5 Attachment(s)
Got to pick up the gran coupe the other day and I love it. Everyone is in awe with the fronzen bronze, I really like the interior but it's not every ones taste. I showed it to my parents this morning and they didn't care for the interior much. After driving this I feel like I got ripped off with all the range rovers I have had over the years. The electronics in the bmw are on another level.

Here are some pics, still need to get the car tinted

GirlLuvMyBMW640 12-25-2012 11:18 AM

Is the insert on the steering wheel leather?

djsaad1 12-25-2012 11:26 AM

The white wood is embedded into the steering wheel with the leather wrapped around it. You can't feel the wood while driving unless you really try.

Leslierc 12-25-2012 11:54 AM

The Frozen Bronze is quite stunning!

TexasBMW 12-26-2012 06:18 AM

That's a great looking 6GC! I can't wait to see it driving around Austin! Enjoy it!

tim330i 12-26-2012 09:26 AM

Great looking 6 series gran coupe! What wheels are those?

Tim

djsaad1 12-26-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim330i (Post 7271502)
Great looking 6 series gran coupe! What wheels are those?

Tim

They are vossen cv4 wheels. I tried to find wheels that the average person would think are stock, I just didn't really like the individual wheels that came with the car.

Leslierc 12-26-2012 11:48 AM

So, what is going to be the routine for keeping it clean?

Technic 12-26-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7271688)
They are vossen cv4 wheels. I tried to find wheels that the average person would think are stock, I just didn't really like the individual wheels that came with the car.

Well done, sir... well done. :thumbup:

Leslierc 12-26-2012 02:17 PM

I have to admit that, at first, I wasn't quite certain about the interior; but it really is good looking! Great choice!

djsaad1 12-26-2012 03:40 PM

Thanks for all the kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 7271773)
So, what is going to be the routine for keeping it clean?

I need to figure that out as I go, might just need to do a mobile detail a couple times a month. I am not sure if I am worrying too much about it, or if I am not worried enough. I will know in a couple months though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslierc (Post 7272049)
I have to admit that, at first, I wasn't quite certain about the interior; but it really is good looking! Great choice!

Yeah people have mixed feelings about it, but usually warm up to it after a few minutes. It is pretty much UT longhorn colors, so a lot of random people here are loving it.

As much as I love the car and the colors, I am not loving the attention. I knew it would get attention, but didn't realize it was going to be this much. People always looking back when they pass, people taking pictures of it when it's parked, etc...I always got black on black cars because they never stuck out. I wanted something different this time around, but I might have went a little too extreme. It's going to take me a bit to get used to the attention the car brings.

XZLR8 12-27-2012 11:52 AM

Just getting caught up on the board, so I missed your initial post. That said, CONGRATS! Love the Bronze... really stunning.

justpagal 12-27-2012 03:45 PM

Congratulations, beautiful car. Lol I am sure all the UT folks are loving the color combo.

madhotm3 12-29-2012 12:40 PM

wow...amazing!!! Congrats!
please don't tint it....why would you want to hide that stunning interior!?!

640GC 12-31-2012 12:30 AM

That's super sharp!

Dr.Tom 12-31-2012 01:48 PM

Hi ,

I'm a newbie here ; also a newbie to BMW. I've been driving the Mercedes 500 series since 2002 and have really liked them.

I just ordered a BMW 650xi Grand Coupe as my E550 4matic lease comes due in march. I'm getting it in Black with the cinnamon brown nappa;cold weather;driver assistance;lux seating;premium sound;adaptive drive;headsup;active cruise & full LED.

I test drove a 640 coupe because that was the closest thing my dealer had so I don't know exactly what to expect so I was glad to find this site and others who have experience with this car. I'd love to hear all about your until I get mine.

Best regards,

Tom

Dr.Tom 12-31-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7270345)
Got to pick up the gran coupe the other day and I love it. Everyone is in awe with the fronzen bronze, I really like the interior but it's not every ones taste.

BTW,

That car is beautiful,inside and out!

Regards,

Tom

TexasBMW 12-31-2012 02:02 PM

I test drove the 640GC a few months ago. Loved it! With the engine you ordered, you will go crazy! It's an amazing car, you are going to love it!

Cheers!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Tom (Post 7281565)
Hi ,

I'm a newbie here ; also a newbie to BMW. I've been driving the Mercedes 500 series since 2002 and have really liked them.

I just ordered a BMW 650xi Grand Coupe as my E550 4matic lease comes due in march. I'm getting it in Black with the cinnamon brown nappa;cold weather;driver assistance;lux seating;premium sound;adaptive drive;headsup;active cruise & full LED.

I test drove a 640 coupe because that was the closest thing my dealer had so I don't know exactly what to expect so I was glad to find this site and others who have experience with this car. I'd love to hear all about your until I get mine.

Best regards,

Tom


djsaad1 01-01-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Tom (Post 7281565)
Hi ,

I'm a newbie here ; also a newbie to BMW. I've been driving the Mercedes 500 series since 2002 and have really liked them.

I just ordered a BMW 650xi Grand Coupe as my E550 4matic lease comes due in march. I'm getting it in Black with the cinnamon brown nappa;cold weather;driver assistance;lux seating;premium sound;adaptive drive;headsup;active cruise & full LED.

I test drove a 640 coupe because that was the closest thing my dealer had so I don't know exactly what to expect so I was glad to find this site and others who have experience with this car. I'd love to hear all about your until I get mine.

Best regards,

Tom


Congrats on the order! When is it expected to arrive?

bfv 01-04-2013 08:34 PM

Great looking car! Congrats! Is the steering wheel heated?

djsaad1 01-04-2013 10:38 PM

no its not, because of the wood inlay it can't be heated.

mr29 01-04-2013 10:43 PM

looks great!

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App

Dr.Tom 01-05-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7282383)
Congrats on the order! When is it expected to arrive?

I don't really know because I wasn't in any great hurry. My Mercedes lease doesn't expire until March. The Sales person told me the car was in production on Dec 14.if that means anything.

If it comes in early , hopefully they'll do something for me.

Regards,

Tom

djsaad1 01-05-2013 09:19 AM

If the car was in production on the 14th it should arrive at the end of this month or first week of Feb. Exciting!

Dr.Tom 01-05-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 7291767)
If the car was in production on the 14th it should arrive at the end of this month or first week of Feb. Exciting!

That's a lot sooner than I expected! Now I'm really excited. I hope it drives well in the snow!

Tom


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms