Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Buy this car? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666462)

Viere 12-27-2012 03:20 PM

Buy this car?

6 Attachment(s)
Hey all, looking for some advice on a car I ran into at my local BMW dealership while being home for Christmas break. It is a 2010 335i with:

-M Sports package (Wheels, Tires, Rims, steering wheel)
-Premium package
-Comfort package
-6 Speed Manual Transmission
-Moonroof
-Ipod and USB Adapter

It's pretty much fully loaded except no Idrive or nav, which I'm not a fan of anyways

40,000 miles and the sticker price is 31,000.

Hood has some dings and scratches on it from rocks so I'm assuming I could get a bit off on top of the negotiating I already plan on doing.

I have a 2007 335xi with the Cobb AP and I absolutely love it, miles are getting up there however and I know I want another 335. Specifically an N 54 335.

Here are some pics (iphone pics anyways)

thekurgan 12-27-2012 03:56 PM

Wouldn't this model have an N55 or were those the 2011 models? Have you had a PPI done on it yet?

unrealii 12-27-2012 04:14 PM

Is that front bumper the correct one for an LCI M-sport? I always thought all m-sports had wide openings

unrealii 12-27-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealii (Post 7274169)
Is that front bumper the correct one for an LCI M-sport? I always thought all m-sports had wide openings

Nevermind, I searched some images and this bumper seems correct.

It looks like a nice find. Why dont you want idrive? My idrive gets more use through from making calls versus actual navigation. Well worth it IMO.

What's wrong with your 2007? Is it worth the price you'll pay to move to a car 3 years newer with approx 2 years left on warranty?

1985mb 12-27-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viere (Post 7274057)
Hey all, looking for some advice on a car I ran into at my local BMW dealership while being home for Christmas break. It is a 2010 335i with:

-Premium package
-Comfort package
-Moonroof
-Ipod and USB Adapter

It's pretty much fully loaded except no Idrive or nav, which I'm not a fan of anyways

Wow, that's almost exactly how I'd custom order an E9x if I were to hypothetically order one today. :thumbup:

Pricing is highly local, so I can't comment on that. You can search CPO cars on cars.com and see what's available within as large a radius as you're comfortable with.

Viere 12-27-2012 06:53 PM

I know! When I first saw the car I thought I was dreaming until I pinched myself. It's exactly what I want. And to unrealiii, It is a CPO so it's actually warrantied to 100,000 miles or to 2015, whichever comes first. Nothing is wrong with my 07', in fact I love it. It doesn't have the sports package tho :/ and it has 85,000 miles on it, which isn't alot (I know) but the warranty is ending soon. The only reason I'm considering this is because I've been on BMW USA for the past 6 months trying to find a 6 speed with these features in my area, and I have had no luck.

BB_cuda 12-27-2012 07:50 PM

i have a 2011 msport with same space gray metallic and gray leather. I only have the regret of a constant struggle to not scrape the chin of the msport nose. I have a driveway that i have to be utlra careful to not scrape on. I can't even back into my garage. if i were to, the chin scapes when i pull down from driveway into cul de sac. If i had it to do over again, would have got a "normal" sport instead of the msport soley for the higher chin. I love the paint color, i really appreicate the safety of the nav screen for the ease of phonecalls. I have the comfort also as well as cold weather package. I really like the ability to fold the rear seats forward. This allowed me to haul daughter's electirc guitar 300 miles since she got it for christmas. Older brother got to give her a long guitar lesson while we were in my hometown for christmas.

The 2 definate differences between this car and mine are 1) mine is diesel and 2) you're getting a manual trans. Enjoy the stick as i am envious. No stick for the 335D. I did get the shifter pedals though.

1985mb 12-27-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viere (Post 7274487)
I know! When I first saw the car I thought I was dreaming until I pinched myself. It's exactly what I want. And to unrealiii, It is a CPO so it's actually warrantied to 100,000 miles or to 2015, whichever comes first. Nothing is wrong with my 07', in fact I love it. It doesn't have the sports package tho :/ and it has 85,000 miles on it, which isn't alot (I know) but the warranty is ending soon. The only reason I'm considering this is because I've been on BMW USA for the past 6 months trying to find a 6 speed with these features in my area, and I have had no luck.

If it's the exact configuration you want, go get it. Negotiate hard and use any leverage you have (including the fact that they want to blow out as much inventory as possible by 12/31)

agbasher 12-27-2012 08:08 PM

Viere, that is a find! I live 2 miles from that dealership but had to go to Arkansas this past summer to get a nearly identical car.

I could see them being reluctant to negotiate too much as manuals like that are rare around these parts.

Db750 12-27-2012 08:25 PM

That is a great looking 3, but it would be a pass for me as it does not have idrive. The idrive in the 09+ is simply too good to pass up. Aesthetically it greatly enhances the appearance of the cabin, and the functionality is more than exceptional. I love being able to store all of my favorite CDs on the hard drive, and though it's mostly a novelty, I have always wanted a car that will play DVDs. For me the idrive really adds to the overall driving experience, and I would not enjoy my car nearly as much without it.

Db750 12-27-2012 08:29 PM

It's hard to tell from the picture since the stand is blocking the bumper, but I am wondering if the previous owner removed the front reflectors? If so I wonder if there were any other mods.

Nordic_Kat 12-27-2012 09:12 PM

What in the heck is a Minnesota car (per the license plate) doing in a central Texas market?

unrealii 12-27-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat (Post 7274740)
What in the heck is a Minnesota car (per the license plate) doing in a central Texas market?

lease return? :dunno:

Zeichen311 12-27-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekurgan (Post 7274147)
Wouldn't this model have an N55 or were those the 2011 models?

The N55 hit sedans in September 2010 production (MY2011). MY2010 would be an N54.

unrealii 12-27-2012 09:34 PM

I noticed it also has heated seats.

Since it is a 2010, does this have the downgraded radio? Or did the upgraded one come standard with the 335?

Viere 12-27-2012 10:08 PM

I go to school in Austin, Tx but I am originally from Minnesota and I am home for break. And This 335 has the Logic7 sound system. I know some prefer the logic and some prefer the HK. And to Db, we can agree to disagree when it comes to the iDrive :)

1985mb 12-28-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Db750 (Post 7274676)
That is a great looking 3, but it would be a pass for me as it does not have idrive. The idrive in the 09+ is simply too good to pass up. Aesthetically it greatly enhances the appearance of the cabin, and the functionality is more than exceptional. I love being able to store all of my favorite CDs on the hard drive, and though it's mostly a novelty, I have always wanted a car that will play DVDs. For me the idrive really adds to the overall driving experience, and I would not enjoy my car nearly as much without it.

We can agree to disagree on whether the 09+ iDrive is good (I hated it) and its effect on cabin aesthetics (I'm indifferent, at best), but there is no way I would pass on an otherwise perfectly optioned car for iDrive. No way.

sunny5280 12-28-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viere (Post 7274057)

-Premium package
-Comfort package
-Moonroof
-Ipod and USB Adapter

40,000 miles and the sticker price is 31,000.

Hood has some dings and scratches on it from rocks so I'm assuming I could get a bit off on top of the negotiating I already plan on doing.

I have a 2007 335xi with the Cobb AP and I absolutely love it, miles are getting up there however and I know I want another 335. Specifically an N 54 335.

Here are some pics (iphone pics anyways)

Sounds like it's exactly what you want and if it's within your means I say buy it.

Viere 12-29-2012 12:12 AM

Went in today to buy the car, when I got there someone was taking it for a test drive. I guess he had a check in his pocket and bought it, beat me to it by 5 minutes :( What kind of guy wants a rear wheel drive car with performance tires in minnesota during the winter? Anyways, can't find another one like it within 1000 miles of me. Oh well, hopefully another one will come around. Thanks for all the advice guys!

laser 12-29-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viere (Post 7276931)
Went in today to buy the car, when I got there someone was taking it for a test drive. I guess he had a check in his pocket and bought it, beat me to it by 5 minutes :( What kind of guy wants a rear wheel drive car with performance tires in minnesota during the winter? Anyways, can't find another one like it within 1000 miles of me. Oh well, hopefully another one will come around. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Hey don't fret ..... BMW's are like buses .... there will be another one along in 20 minutes!

Enjoy the thrill of the chase a little longer :thumbup:

1985mb 12-30-2012 02:59 PM

Wow I just came back here to make sure you closed the deal on that one. Dayum, I guess someone else agreed with me. That car was the unicorn's t!tties. The only way it could have been better would have been a rarer color like Lemans or Barbera over Saddle or Tan leather.

alpinweiss 12-30-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbasher (Post 7274652)
Viere, that is a find! I live 2 miles from that dealership but had to go to Arkansas this past summer to get a nearly identical car.

I could see them being reluctant to negotiate too much as manuals like that are rare around these parts.

Actually, manual transmission cars are rare throughout the US. They usually sell fairly quickly (as the OP discovered), when they come in on trade. These days, most people looking for an MT are not willing to settle for an automatic.

Amazingly, the NADA value for a car with MT is normally less than the same car with an AT. :dunno:

:drive: