Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Offer to dealer over wholesale? (BMWconfig.com) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666506)

initialD 12-27-2012 07:58 PM

Offer to dealer over wholesale? (BMWconfig.com)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
First time using BMWconfig.com to figure out all the different prices on options, packages, etc. Its awesome! However, can someone please explain to me what "Offer to dealer over wholesale" is? Seems its $1000 for all models.
I did one with the X1 (see attached pdf). The invoice from the bmwconfig.com site is $40,215, but add on the $1000 "Offer to dealer over wholesale" its $41,215. What does this mean? Does it mean if I purchase it @ $41,215 I would be paying $1000 over invoice? So when people say '$500 over invoice is a good deal' does it mean $500 over $40,215 or $41, 215?

BTW, a CA gave me a quote for my configuration: MSRP $43,545, minus 6.5% discount, plus $500, which works out to exactly $41,215. Is he offering me at invoice or $1000 over invoice (or $500 over invoice with the holiday credit)? Would I be out of line to ask additional $500 off?

I hope I dont sound too confusing... but I am new to all this....

conceyted 12-27-2012 08:42 PM

On BMWConfig the term used for Invoice is Wholesale. The $1000 you mention in the BMWConfig PDF specifically lists as, "Offer to Dealer Over Wholesale."

The price your dealer is giving you, assuming it is before any incentives, is exactly $1000 over invoice.

Incentives like Holiday Credit, Loyalty Cash, and the BMW Ultimate Drive app cash back should be taken off AFTER the negotiated price. In many cases that puts you well under invoice and this is completely doable and okay.

conceyted 12-27-2012 08:53 PM

Also, I notice you are adding the Sport Line but did not opt for paddle shifters. These come free (option 2XA) with the Sport Line and is a $125 dollar option if you do not get the Sport Line. Even if you don't ever plan to use them, you might as well add them since they are free.

initialD 12-27-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conceyted (Post 7274704)
On BMWConfig the term used for Invoice is Wholesale. The $1000 you mention in the BMWConfig PDF specifically lists as, "Offer to Dealer Over Wholesale."

The price your dealer is giving you, assuming it is before any incentives, is exactly $1000 over invoice.

Incentives like Holiday Credit, Loyalty Cash, and the BMW Ultimate Drive app cash back should be taken off AFTER the negotiated price. In many cases that puts you well under invoice and this is completely doable and okay.

So it means I should try to get $500 more off, at $40,715 for "$500 over invoice"? This is before all the credits are applied of course.
Thanks!

conceyted 12-27-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 7274784)
So it means I should try to get $500 more off, at $40,715 for "$500 over invoice"? This is before all the credits are applied of course.
Thanks!

Sure thing.

nospam 12-28-2012 12:32 AM

I would offer $400 over invoice with the goal of agreeing on $500. Some dealers will go as low as $400 (here in SoCal at least).

FStephenMasek 01-03-2013 05:45 PM

Why offer anything over invoice, especially if it is one you order? They will still make money (holdback), and have very little work to do entering the order and unloading the car.

conceyted 01-03-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FStephenMasek (Post 7288002)
Why offer anything over invoice, especially if it is one you order? They will still make money (holdback), and have very little work to do entering the order and unloading the car.

What sort of luck have you had getting a BMW at that price?

FStephenMasek 01-03-2013 08:10 PM

Look in my garage to see what we paid for the Mercedes-benz & Ford we now have. Mercedes-Benz & BMW are certainly similar with regard to model range and pricing. Somebody will want the easy money (just type in and order and deliver the car), and there are 20 BMW dealers in southern California.

nospam 01-03-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FStephenMasek (Post 7288002)
Why offer anything over invoice, especially if it is one you order? They will still make money (holdback), and have very little work to do entering the order and unloading the car.

Let us know what sort of luck have you have. The best I have seen in SoCal is $400 over (before incentives).

nickg5 01-07-2013 12:43 PM

Is doing European delivery for the X1 at invoice realistic as well? How about MY 2014?

Thanks

Nick


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms