Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E34 (1989 - 1995) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   bought myself a e34 as a christmas gift to myself (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666643)

filnguyen 12-28-2012 04:25 PM

bought myself a e34 as a christmas gift to myself

1 Attachment(s)
hello all, new to this forum and this is my very first post. just picked up a 95 5 speed 525i, have been wanting this car for sometime and when this car got offered to me i couldn't say no. didn't know much about this car before i bought it. but after my friend that owns a couple of these filled me in on whats done to the car since it came from his friends i realized whats on the car. here is a quick picture. the car is very dirty since i haven't gotten the chance to wash it due to it raining here in california.

BMR_LVR 12-28-2012 05:30 PM

Very nice. Welcome.

filnguyen 12-28-2012 05:51 PM

thanks bmr

supertech777 12-28-2012 08:12 PM

welcome to the fest nice car !:thumbup:

filnguyen 12-28-2012 11:08 PM

thank you supertech, having a lot of fun with the car. more mods to come.

BMWFatherFigure 12-28-2012 11:58 PM

Welcome to our nightmares..............

ricks5series 12-29-2012 08:21 AM

Welcome. Looks like your purchase has lots of potentials. Yes, there will be much to do but enjoying the E34 makes it that much more fun to work on it. Start with going over your cooling system. A word of advice, you never want these to overheat or come close to it.

Your friend should point you in the right direction but explore this site and educate yourself by reading the helpful posts from everyone here.

Example, I'm about to replace my thrust rods (upper control arms) and have been reading and educating myself on the process. Looks like it can be a PITA so I'm learning as much as I can from previous posts of others before diving into this project. Did the same back when I completely rebuilt my cylinder head, VANOS, brakes, cooling system, and lately, replacing the driver's door latch.

Good luck and looking forward to your progress pics.

kmorgan_260 12-29-2012 08:29 AM

Nice ride! Welcome.

luckydog 12-29-2012 09:09 AM

Nice BMW has it been lowered in the front?

filnguyen 12-29-2012 10:05 AM

Haha thanks everyone.

The previous Owner kept up with maintanence on this car, but after I come back from out of town going to have the car checked out myself just in case. But I will continue educating myself about this car, really want to do a lot of the hands on stuff myself.

The car is lowered, has eibach springs, but for some reason the rear is chopped but the front still sits lower then the rear, don't feel safe knowing that but planning on swapping out to coil overs.

Car came with m5 rear, and m-sport front bumper. Friend informed me the front bumper is hard to find? Tail lights is swapped out to the smoke turned signal along with the front and side blinkers. Car also came with a set of 19" black linea course concave. Will be putting that one when I get back and see how I like it. If not going to keep the 17" oem bbs. Hids and yellow fogs will be installed as well soon. This is my daily driver toll my w140 comes out of the shop then I'll be going back and forth between both of them.

filnguyen 12-29-2012 10:12 AM

Sorry about my typos, on my iPhone makes it a little more difficult for me.

paperplane94 12-30-2012 09:35 PM

Welcome! Happy New Year.