Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   2013 335is Purchase Price (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666719)

Bosharow 12-29-2012 03:28 AM

2013 335is Purchase Price

Hello,

I am contemplating purchase of a 2013 335is. Is the final price of $58,795 acceptable? The car comes with navigation, cold weather, convenience, premium, etc. packages! Thought I'd ask the (surely) kind folks of Bimmerfest! I recall the MSRP being $62,500 (approx.).

krash 12-29-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosharow (Post 7277000)
Hello,

I am contemplating purchase of a 2013 335is. Is the final price of $58,795 acceptable? The car comes with navigation, cold weather, convenience, premium, etc. packages! Thought I'd ask the (surely) kind folks of Bimmerfest! I recall the MSRP being $62,500 (approx.).

When you say 335is,, do you mean 335ix?

Is it the active hybrid or convertible?

Also, it's hard to tell without you listing every single option, package, and the trim, but $58k+ sounds really high for a plain RWD sedan, even if it has every singl option available.

On bmwusa.com, I configured the exact 335 RWD sedan I wanted and it came out to about $55k MSRP. And we're talking about a car that was basically loaded with just about everything. Prem, tech, DHP, sport line, HK Sound system, heated seats, camera, sport transmission.

Also try bmwconfig.com and put in exact options, packages, etc., and see what it comes out to be. That will give you the invoice cost too.

Bosharow 12-29-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krash (Post 7277012)
When you say 335is,, do you mean 335ix?

Is it the active hybrid or convertible?

Also, it's hard to tell without you listing every single option, package, and the trim, but $58k+ sounds really high for a plain RWD sedan, even if it has every singl option available.

On bmwusa.com, I configured the exact 335 RWD sedan I wanted and it came out to about $55k MSRP. And we're talking about a car that was basically loaded with just about everything. Prem, tech, DHP, sport line, HK Sound system, heated seats, camera, sport transmission.

Also try bmwconfig.com and put in exact options, packages, etc., and see what it comes out to be. That will give you the invoice cost too.

Thank you for your reply. It is a 335is coupe. I learned about the bmwconfig.com site after reading replies to another, similar, post. I will use that site. Thanks!

krash 12-29-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosharow (Post 7277014)
Thank you for your reply. It is a 335is coupe. I learned about the bmwconfig.com site after reading replies to another, similar, post. I will use that site. Thanks!

Keep in mind that the new F3x 4 series coupes will be out this year. The current coupe is based on the old E9x platform.

So you should be able to get an even better deal. Plus, you may want to consider waiting for the new coupes to come out. If not, you're basically going to be driving around in a car with a dated platform that is 6 years old.

If you get a clearance deal, then I suppose that might be fine, but if I were in the market for a new coupe, I'd definitely wait.

CALWATERBOY 12-29-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Hello,

Being a expert on 3 series pricing, the answer is: Yes

You may confirm the wisdom of this by consulting Consumers' Union's dealer cost & incentive[s] printout, available online.

tturedraider 12-29-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Hello,

So, the 335is is an E92, not an F32. You'll get more useful responses in the E9x forum.

The surely kind folks on Bimmerfest desire as much specific cost information as possible in order to give posters answers that are actually informed and useful. "I recall the MSRP being $62,500 (approx.)" tend not to be particularly useful to the kind folks.

Bosharow 12-29-2012 12:17 PM

My apologies: first for posting in the wrong forum, and second for providing incomplete information. Assuming that you folks know what you're discussing online (and I assume that you do), here are the particulars of this automobile:

MSRP $52,100
Le Mans Blue Metallic $550
Convenience Package $1200
Cold Weather Packager (Brrrr) $750
Premium Package $2000
Premium Sound Package $950
19" alloy double-spoke wheels $1000
7-speed DCT $450
Anti-theft system
Moonroof
Auto Climate control
Ambiance lighting
Auto high beams $250
Nav. system $2150
Voice-command
BMW Assist w/BT
IPod and USB adapter
Smartphone integration
BMW Apps $250
RT traffic info
M sport suspension
M Steering wheel
Destination charge $895

Suggested retail $62,545, offered at $58,795.

boltjaM3s 12-29-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosharow (Post 7277646)
My apologies: first for posting in the wrong forum, and second for providing incomplete information. Assuming that you folks know what you're discussing online (and I assume that you do), here are the particulars of this automobile:

First off, welcome aboard. Bimmerfest is a great site, you'll enjoy it.

Next, there are many ex-E92 owners who now own F30's and can help you here, but this forum is for the next-gen Coupe called the F32 which should be out about a year from now.

So, if you want to wait to get the new bodystyle this is a great forum to participate in. If you don't want to wait and are going to pull the trigger on the current (older) bodystyle, the best information can be had in the E93 forum at this link:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99

F32 stay here. E92 go there.

BJ

Bosharow 12-29-2012 12:27 PM

Thanks! I'll re-post in the appropriate forum (unless I stumble upon a similar thread)...I'm not the first person to seek the (pricing) wisdom of this collective body for a similar car.

Happy New Year!

SD Z4MR 12-29-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

When you say 335is, do you mean 335ix?

krash, you need to educate yourself on what a 335is is. It is a distinct model of the previous generation 3 Series available only as a Coupe (E92) or a Convertible (E93) which still uses the N54 engine and is tuned for an additional 20 HP. It is not an F30. It is not a plain RWD sedan, far from it. The 335is is the first "is" branded 3 Series that BMW has produced since the E36 328is, last produced in 1999. Previous "is" models had exclusive high-performance equipment on them. BMW never made an E46 "is" model (see ZHP instead). The only other "is" model that BMW currently produces is the Z4 35is, considered to be the ///M model of the E89 Z4 that BMW never made. The 2013 335is is probably the last "is" 3 Series model that BMW will ever produce, as rumors are that future "is" models will be branded as "M Performance", not to be confused with ///M models. $58K may sound high to you, but ours, not quite fully maxed out, had an MSRP of just over $60K (with Euro Delivery we paid far less than that).

Quote:

Keep in mind that the new F3x 4 series coupes will be out this year. The current coupe is based on the old E9x platform.

So you should be able to get an even better deal. Plus, you may want to consider waiting for the new coupes to come out. If not, you're basically going to be driving around in a car with a dated platform that is 6 years old.

But it won't be a 335is and you won't ever be able to buy one again. I would take an E92 335is Coupe over an F32 coupe any day, even if it is "a dated platform that is 6 years old".

Now an F82 M4 with Euro Delivery in 2015/2016, that's another story!

Bosharow 12-30-2012 09:15 PM

Think I'll pull the trigger tomorrow!

beden1 12-30-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD Z4MR (Post 7278159)
krash, you need to educate yourself on what a 335is is. It is a distinct model of the previous generation 3 Series available only as a Coupe (E92) or a Convertible (E93) which still uses the N54 engine and is tuned for an additional 20 HP. It is not an F30. It is not a plain RWD sedan, far from it. The 335is is the first "is" branded 3 Series that BMW has produced since the E36 328is, last produced in 1999. Previous "is" models had exclusive high-performance equipment on them. BMW never made an E46 "is" model (see ZHP instead). The only other "is" model that BMW currently produces is the Z4 35is, considered to be the ///M model of the E89 Z4 that BMW never made. The 2013 335is is probably the last "is" 3 Series model that BMW will ever produce, as rumors are that future "is" models will be branded as "M Performance", not to be confused with ///M models. $58K may sound high to you, but ours, not quite fully maxed out, had an MSRP of just over $60K (with Euro Delivery we paid far less than that).

But it won't be a 335is and you won't ever be able to buy one again. I would take an E92 335is Coupe over an F32 coupe any day, even if it is "a dated platform that is 6 years old".

Now an F82 M4 with Euro Delivery in 2015/2016, that's another story!

I agree 100%. In the case of the 335is as compared to the new F Series, newer is definitely not better. :thumbup: