Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Disable seat belt chime? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666735)

Slick Willy 12-29-2012 06:31 AM

Disable seat belt chime?
 
I did a quick search but not finding anything F30 specific.

Will a dealer disable the chime? Any way to do it myself?

krash 12-29-2012 06:37 AM

Isn't it easier to just fasten your seat belts?
:dunno:
Plus, it's much safer too...

Slick Willy 12-29-2012 06:48 AM

Awww geeez.....was hoping against hope for that response ....happens every time.

I'll start another thread for people to lecture me, but thanks in advance for any help with my original question if anyone happens to know...

krash 12-29-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Willy (Post 7277135)
Awww geeez.....was hoping against hope for that response ....happens every time.

I'll start another thread for people to lecture me, but thanks in advance for any help with my original question if anyone happens to know...

Sorry, I have 2 teenagers that just started to drive. Plus, all their friends are driving now too.

I basically have drilled into their heads all their lives that they must use seat belts all the time, every time, period. No excuses.

Why would you want to disable it anyway?

Slick Willy 12-29-2012 07:13 AM

I do appraisals and need to get in and out of the car sometimes multiple times in tract neighborhoods to take pictures or grab flyers from listings. I also live in a tiny town where I can run to the store or multiple restaurants under a mile away with a 25 mph speed limit...(yes we walk/ride bikes when weather permits) .....I am all for wearing seat belts....I am not 'anti seat belt'....there are a few scenarios where I just don't feel the need

Snareman 12-29-2012 07:23 AM

I have never seen anyone come up with a way to disable it. You may be stuck. The only other way is to fasten seatbelt behind you although that is kind of annoying and uncomfortable. Or by just the seatbelt fastener part and have a detached from the seatbelt itself and stick that into the slot.

FrogmanF30 12-29-2012 08:53 AM

It can be disabled via coding. Check out the coding forum.

Michael Schott 12-29-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Willy (Post 7277165)
I do appraisals and need to get in and out of the car sometimes multiple times in tract neighborhoods to take pictures or grab flyers from listings. I also live in a tiny town where I can run to the store or multiple restaurants under a mile away with a 25 mph speed limit...(yes we walk/ride bikes when weather permits) .....I am all for wearing seat belts....I am not 'anti seat belt'....there are a few scenarios where I just don't feel the need

It's just not that much of an inconvenience. Just buckle up please. It takes 2 seconds.

raleedy 12-29-2012 02:07 PM

Or . . . sit on it.

TRIPLE_O 12-29-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrogmanF30 (Post 7277313)
It can be disabled via coding. Check out the coding forum.

:thumbup: what he said.

vern 12-29-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Willy (Post 7277135)
Awww geeez.....was hoping against hope for that response ....happens every time.

I'll start another thread for people to lecture me, but thanks in advance for any help with my original question if anyone happens to know...

Wake up, its there for a very very good reason.
cheers
vern

obmd1 12-29-2012 05:57 PM

Buckle the belt before you sit down. Uncomfortable? Good. You wanted convenient, not comfortable. Besides, you said you're in and out of the car when you aren't buckled so it shouldn't be too much discomfort. Be prepared to get a nice donkey punch from the airbag without your belt when you do get in a slow speed accident though.

1naztyx5 12-29-2012 06:02 PM

Just get it coded or buy the clip as easy as that...I have mine coded and I find myself wearing the seat belt at all times now...go figure.

ZuerstBMW 12-29-2012 08:14 PM

I would recommend wearing it the way people drive in this country.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-Raci...cb6dc9&vxp=mtr

esquilax 01-03-2013 02:27 PM

I would like to know this also. I always buckle my belt, but when I take my dog anywhere be it the park or to visit my folks, which is a 90 mile drive, the seat belt chime keeps on bothering me. He's a 2 year old pug weighs about 20 lbs so he triggers the sensor. The chime stops in around 5 minutes, and he usually sleeps when we go to my folks but when he shifts his weight the sensor gets re-triggered or something and then it starts with the chiming again. It's pretty annoying. :mad:

Slick Willy 01-03-2013 07:27 PM

Do all you guys buckle your seat belts when you are on your motorcycles? Do your kids have seat belts on their school bus?

I'm not going to sit on it or buckle it behind me....more pain than buckling.....I guess I just have a death wish. Just let me die in peace.

Thanks for the coding tip those who actually answered my question.

bmwf30 01-04-2013 01:57 PM

Cut it, and place clip into buckle. Atleast it will register that your always using it when in fact you are traveling comfortably.

Slick Willy 01-04-2013 02:13 PM

I'm not anti seat belt...I don't want to get rid of the restraints....I use seat belts.

If it is 8 degrees like this morning and I want to drive .6 miles to coffee in a 25 MPH speed limit with no seat belt I would prefer there be no chime.

If I am going to take the time to put a buckle in the clip, it will be the one attached to the seat belt.

Next thing you know you guys are going to start telling me to eat right and exercise....be nice to my mom....help old ladies across the street.

Let me change my original question:

Does anybody know how to switch the seat belt chime to play "100 bottles of beer on the wall" instead of the OEM chime?

Slick Willy 01-04-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquilax (Post 7287550)
I would like to know this also. I always buckle my belt, but when I take my dog anywhere be it the park or to visit my folks, which is a 90 mile drive, the seat belt chime keeps on bothering me. He's a 2 year old pug weighs about 20 lbs so he triggers the sensor. The chime stops in around 5 minutes, and he usually sleeps when we go to my folks but when he shifts his weight the sensor gets re-triggered or something and then it starts with the chiming again. It's pretty annoying. :mad:

Behold the mighty Esquilax!! The horse with the head of a rabbit.....and the body....of a rabbit

LMAO - great user name

mr_clueless 01-04-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esquilax (Post 7287550)
I would like to know this also. I always buckle my belt, but when I take my dog anywhere be it the park or to visit my folks, which is a 90 mile drive, the seat belt chime keeps on bothering me. He's a 2 year old pug weighs about 20 lbs so he triggers the sensor. The chime stops in around 5 minutes, and he usually sleeps when we go to my folks but when he shifts his weight the sensor gets re-triggered or something and then it starts with the chiming again. It's pretty annoying. :mad:

You can do what raleedy said. Put the seat belt and have the dog sit on it.

That won't help slick willy, though.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms