Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   6 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   MP3 disk burning (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666962)

amanra 12-30-2012 11:09 AM

MP3 disk burning

Hey everyone

I managed to get a bunch of remote coding updates done yesterday, including enabling the AUX and MP3 capability. The issue I am having is actually getting an MP3 disk to play, I've researched the burning parameters for he disk but can't seem to find a straight forward answer. I tried burning several session at the lowest speed and still no luck.

If folks on here are playing MP3's on their CD drives can you please advise me as to what type of CD-R type you are using and the software (w/ settings).

Thanks

TopDownInFL 12-30-2012 11:33 AM

There was a rather technical thread on this forum a few years back. A search on MP3 should yield a result.

Har1ey4 12-30-2012 12:08 PM

Hi folks

I have on 05 645ci and I burn cd-r and cd+r. I have burnt discs in Nero Express and Apple ITunes all with no problem. I have seen the posts with all the problems but. I never had one.

Take care be well and safe...

tampamark 12-30-2012 12:24 PM

I buy CD-R discs online from whatever discount source is available. I burn random no-name and brand name discs using everything from Itunes to the stock Windows Burn utility (also Nero). I have rarely had a disc that did not work. Just take a bunch of MP3 files, right click on them, burn to disc using the standard setting. I have never adjusted speed or settings when burning, I burn at max.

Like Nick mentioned, at one point there was a very in-depth technical thread a while back, personally I believe that subject is way over analyzed. Maybe you are having a problem with your MP3 playback and not the disc. Try burning a regular disc (audio CD, not an MP3 data CD). See if that reads, perhaps your discs are good and you MP3 functionality is flawed.

Also try placing the MP3 data disc in your DVD Nav slot. It also can handle MP3 playback.

dance171 12-30-2012 03:34 PM

I also use normal windows program to do mine and have no issues! Are you sure you have had it enabled? Which disc slot are you using?

HerbP 12-30-2012 05:19 PM

I have not done this, but did you close the session on the CD?

amanra 01-02-2013 02:20 PM

Hey everyone thanks for the feedback. Interestingly I did always close the session properly and always burned at really slow speeds but had to luck with Windows or Nero. iTunes is the only system that has worked for me so far.

joal645 01-22-2013 12:52 AM

Probably you have problem with the encoder.
Are you converting your own Cd's to MP3?
What year is your car?
I understand that only from 2005 on can be able to play MP3 when they retrofit the car i do not remember the build.
Mine is a 2005 and after the dealer reprogramed they play MP3 Cd's from the CD player or DVD player without problems, but on that year they are picky about the encoding, also I use Verbatim or TDK.
They can not Play MP3 from the CD changer
Do not make a multi session, create a folder in your computer put inside the subfolders of several mp3 converted already, sometimes i put 10 full cd's encoded to 191kbs or i use 320 but probably fits about 5 cd's on one disk, then burn that as DATA and close the Disk.