Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   335i Glacier Silver M-Sport (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667027)

akaMomo 12-30-2012 04:09 PM

335i Glacier Silver M-Sport

A quick post about the 335 I took delivery on yesterday. More to come but I'm having a blast, pretty much finding any excuse to leave the driveway and drive.

The car was available stock at local dealer - more of post to come on my experience at two dealers and my impressions on the car. I have to say I was always a bit biased against the silver interior but I think it goes well with this car in bright silver on black. On paper very far from my first choice but the car is optioned close to what I was after and the timing right for me.

Glacier Silver M-Sport
Black Leather with Aluminum Trim
M-Sport w 19" M-Sport wheels, 8AT Sport Transmission
Tech, Premium, Harmon-Kardon, PDC & Backup, Front Seat Heat

A couple of quick snaps attached. Loving it so far.

I have to say for those obsessing every last option - this isn't really even super close to what I was ordering and originally after. And in the end the car has me smiling like crazy and enjoying the great design that is part of every configuration. I had an E90 335 and am very impressed in this car initially with the amazing transmission and the overall cockpit feel. The M-Sport wheel has won me over along with the HUD and in general the wrapped-around sense of being in this car. The black interior drops away and works with this car. I have never been a fan of black leather or of the metal or plain trims (vs wood) - this car has me sold, something about the silver and M-Sport that makes it all work for me. Love it so far. More to come...

akaMomo 12-30-2012 04:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my attachments didn't stick:

Oh and also, unfortunately since it was dealer stock they had drilled on the front license plate holder. I'm in Los Angeles and we DO get ticketed (and often) for no front plate but I'm considering filling or plugging and putting on one of the tow-bracket front plate holders that work with the PDC. That and some reasonable tint. Not much else prolly, I'm leasing.

Perhaps the tail-pipe mod and some light coding, I do have the adaptor cable to do so, ordered during one of the many nights I was waiting for an ordered car that took too long for my situation (disable warning screen on NAV and auto-fold mirrors, make ASS stick without the dealer trip -- not sure if I care).

krash 12-30-2012 05:22 PM

Congratulations! Looks fantastic.

Silver is still the best color IMHO.

My e90 was silver though. That's the only reason why I am toying around with getting another color. I might get Black Sapphire this time around, but not 100% sure. Glacier Silver is a strong possibility too.

boltjaM3s 12-30-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akaMomo (Post 7279896)
A quick post about the 335 I took delivery on yesterday. More to come but I'm having a blast, pretty much finding any excuse to leave the driveway and drive.

The car was available stock at local dealer - more of post to come on my experience at two dealers and my impressions on the car. I have to say I was always a bit biased against the silver interior but I think it goes well with this car in bright silver on black. On paper very far from my first choice but the car is optioned close to what I was after and the timing right for me.

Glacier Silver M-Sport
Black Leather with Aluminum Trim
M-Sport w 19" M-Sport wheels, 8AT Sport Transmission
Tech, Premium, Harmon-Kardon, PDC & Backup, Front Seat Heat

A couple of quick snaps attached. Loving it so far.

I have to say for those obsessing every last option - this isn't really even super close to what I was ordering and originally after. And in the end the car has me smiling like crazy and enjoying the great design that is part of every configuration. I had an E90 335 and am very impressed in this car initially with the amazing transmission and the overall cockpit feel. The M-Sport wheel has won me over along with the HUD and in general the wrapped-around sense of being in this car. The black interior drops away and works with this car. I have never been a fan of black leather or of the metal or plain trims (vs wood) - this car has me sold, something about the silver and M-Sport that makes it all work for me. Love it so far. More to come...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...5&d=1356912792

Congrats. Love those wheels.

BJ

akaMomo 12-30-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krash (Post 7280036)

My e90 was silver though. That's the only reason why I am toying around with getting another color. I might get Black Sapphire this time around, but not 100% sure. Glacier Silver is a strong possibility too.

It's strong in person. When I ordered and spent a while pacing the lot, I was convinced the Black Sapphire was really great in all light, etc. Something about this silver and the whole theme makes the car seem just a bit different to me - I appreciate that in this market (Los Angeles). There are literally a half-dozen E90 and F30 cars on my block and various other BMW models as well and I'm not in any kind of special neighborhood at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltjaM3s (Post 7280041)

Thanks buddy - I have to say they are my favorite differentiator on this car. I was really happy without this setup and ordered a sport-line originally to get the adaptive cruise. But I'm having a blast right now and couldn't imagine turning much onto auto pilot at this point. Ask me in six months of LA crawl. I'm excited for when when this feature isn't a $2400 add-on that's impossible to find.

I think the biggest miss on this configuration for where I am driving (aside from ACC) might be the full-around cameras. I seriously need to up my street-parking game if those wheels are going to survive around here.

In any case loving it. Mostly I'm impressed with the overall cockpit experience if that makes sense. Way more so than when I test drove it and honestly at the time (deciding to buy) I put more faith in my history of a half-dozen BMW models owned vs being overwhelmingly sold on the car right when I sat in it.

dmiller68 12-30-2012 05:46 PM

I like the silver m style. Luckily they didn't have one as it would have been a tough choice between the blue I got.

Golfster 12-30-2012 06:24 PM

Very nice looking car. Congrats!!

cheikh82 12-30-2012 07:17 PM

Enjoy in good health.

mdsbuc 12-31-2012 06:18 AM

Another beautiful M Sport! Enjoy that sweet looking ride! :thumbup:

Saintor 12-31-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krash (Post 7280036)

x2. :thumbup: