Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   What should I expect to pay for an x35 in NJ ? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667732)

Durkis 01-03-2013 12:19 PM

What should I expect to pay for an x35 in NJ ?

Hi All... Im new to the forum.

I am planning to purchase an x3 35i for my wife. Her birthday is in August, and would be for then. I know im a little premature on this, but a few different cars I know shes into and this will take some time. trying to seek away to dealerships will be hard without her knowing, as we all know they keep you there for hours.

Anyways...

Here is what im thinking.

35i
Metallic Paint
Leather
Cold Package I and II
Driver Assistance Pkg
Prem Pkg
Prem Sound
Sport Activity Pkg
Tech Pkg
BMW Apps

The BMW website prices this out at 57,745 w/ Destination
Sales Tax here is 7%

I am also heavily considering the Select Financing for 60 months, as we love to lease, but hate the shorter 36 month terms, and would like to have the ability to just keep the vehicle, or trade it in.

Thanks for the help!

noka 01-03-2013 01:53 PM

Cannot order Driver Assistance Package with Cold Weather Package(s) because Lane Departure Warning is incompatible with Heated Steering Wheel in CW, and CWII requires CW.

UPDATE: Discussed on another thread that above is apparently not true (at least not according to the 'build your own' on BMWUSA site). It seems that you cannot have heated steering wheel (CW option) + Lane Departure only with M-Sport (e.g. combination is allowed with SAP).

edbiology 01-03-2013 02:04 PM

aim for 7% off plus holiday discount for custom order. most dealers only want to do 5~6% off for custom order. I got 9% off buying in-stock and at end of the month.

Bmwlvr60 01-03-2013 02:59 PM

$500 over invoice on Custom order, probably better buying off the lot. You may need to contact a few dealers to get the dealer you want to use for service and puchase the best price. Feel free to PM me. I'm in NJ too.

Roundel-NY 01-03-2013 05:01 PM

I had good experience leasing our X3 with Mark Carvalho at JMK BMW on Route 22.

Durkis 01-04-2013 05:42 AM

Thanks guys for the info. I will shoot for the 6% or so. Reading through other threads this seems like the mark to try and get.

Does anyone know the math behind the Select Financing, and how they come up with the figures ?

wleighton 01-04-2013 04:00 PM

I second Roundel-NY's comment. I've bought numerous BMWs from Mark Carvalho at JMK. Good guy. Straight shooter. Easy to do business with and cares about his customers. Knows his stuff - used to be a BMW tech before he switched to sales around 10 years ago. Recommend him highly.

Hampster7141 01-10-2013 12:01 PM

I have the Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather, and Cold Weather II packages and everything works great. So yes, you can have it all and eat your cake too:-)

Hampster7141 01-10-2013 12:08 PM

M Sport Package and Heated Steering Wheel

When I first ordered my BMW 328I with Xdrive and M Sport package, I wanted the heated steering wheel. The dealer came back and said that I couldn't have the heated steering wheel because the M Sport steering wheel was too thick for the heating element to work. So bye-bye heated steering wheel. Maybe that is why you can't have the heated steering wheel package with the M Sport in the X3. Just throwing that out there:thumbdwn:

noka 01-10-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hampster7141 (Post 7303814)
When I first ordered my BMW 328I with Xdrive and M Sport package, I wanted the heated steering wheel. The dealer came back and said that I couldn't have the heated steering wheel because the M Sport steering wheel was too thick for the heating element to work. So bye-bye heated steering wheel. Maybe that is why you can't have the heated steering wheel package with the M Sport in the X3. Just throwing that out there:thumbdwn:

X3 can be ordered with heated steering wheel (part of Cold Weather Package) and M-Sport Package (I ordered mine with it). However, you cannot get Driver Assistance Package in this case. Interesting thing is, this is not a limitation with Sport Activity Package.

NoI4plz 01-10-2013 09:15 PM

Figure out the price on BMWCONFIG

You should be paying msrp -6% if your going with the nearest dealer. However there are some who can play Invoice+500. Gotta figure out whose up and whose not.