Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   All weather mats (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667829)

DCC 01-03-2013 08:53 PM

All weather mats

I know that the bmw all weather liners and made by weathertech and either brand shuld be a good fit, but what i was curious abiut is the hexomat that is sold by autosport catalog.
The hexomat is also a single piece 2nd row mat, anybody with experience with the hexomat for the x5?
Also, on the bmw or weathertech liners, does the raised up lip of the 2nd row one piece mat hinder the getting in/out of the car?
Thanks in advance

kkratochvil 01-03-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCC (Post 7288464)
Also, on the bmw or weathertech liners, does the raised up lip of the 2nd row one piece mat hinder the getting in/out of the car?
Thanks in advance

The second row BMW liner certainly sticks up a bit, but I've never noticed my 6-year old catching it or it hindering access in any way. It's flexible enough if you just step on the lip. I've had them in my X5 for about 13 months and still really like them.

I would note that recently my service advisor mentioned that mine looked great, whereas he'd seen some that had faded or lost their color in some way. :dunno:

gresch 01-04-2013 08:21 AM

IMO Weathertech is the way to go, and they're made in the USA :) No problem with the lip.

brian5 01-04-2013 08:44 AM

OP, I can recommend WeatherTech too. I'm using a one-piece in the 2nd row.

DCC 01-04-2013 09:37 PM

Thanks for the responses,
Am i correct to assume that the weathertech liner is the same one that bmw sells under their own brand?
Also, how is the fitment of the liners? Do they curve around the floor area pretty good or are there gaps here and there.

abbott 01-05-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCC (Post 7291137)
Thanks for the responses,
Am i correct to assume that the weathertech liner is the same one that bmw sells under their own brand?
Also, how is the fitment of the liners? Do they curve around the floor area pretty good or are there gaps here and there.

Correct, they are the same liners. Got mine from BMW because I wanted the xDrive brand on them.

As far as the fitting goes, there are no major gaps. They are pretty flush. The only issue I see is the driver side mat where the gas pedal is. Debris will collect under the gas pedal, but that's the case for any floor liner or mat.

I have both the front and back row liners, and they are excellent.

DCC 01-05-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbott (Post 7291385)
Correct, they are the same liners. Got mine from BMW because I wanted the xDrive brand on them.

As far as the fitting goes, there are no major gaps. They are pretty flush. The only issue I see is the driver side mat where the gas pedal is. Debris will collect under the gas pedal, but that's the case for any floor liner or mat.

I have both the front and back row liners, and they are excellent.

With regard to the debris collection around the gas pedal, as long as the liner is pliable enough to fold back some to get a vacuum wand in there, it should be good by me.
Thanks for the feedback

gresch 01-05-2013 07:00 AM

weathertechs are the best fitting floor mats you can buy. I've put them in every SUV i've owned over 30 years of driving, never disappointed.

DCC 01-05-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gresch (Post 7291534)
weathertechs are the best fitting floor mats you can buy. I've put them in every SUV i've owned over 30 years of driving, never disappointed.

I agree with you partially, the original weathertech mats are great, but my previous experience with the liners are not that great...
Are you referring to liners or mats for the X5 in your post?

gresch 01-05-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCC (Post 7291778)
I agree with you partially, the original weathertech mats are great, but my previous experience with the liners are not that great...
Are you referring to liners or mats for the X5 in your post?

liners

dkreidel 01-05-2013 11:10 AM

I've never used all weather mats or the liners but need to do something for the new X5M before it moves to Montana next month. Can someone explain the advantages/disadvantages of one or the other? It will be Weathertech in either instance.

thx

astrohip 01-05-2013 01:00 PM

I've got a full set of Weathertechs for sale cheap. My wife ordered the full set, not realizing the dealer puts them in. So now I have a second set.:eeps:

Prefer not to ship them, so hopefully someone in Houston needs them. No reasonable offer refused.:yikes: Still in the boxes, unopened.

gresch 01-05-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkreidel (Post 7291974)
I've never used all weather mats or the liners but need to do something for the new X5M before it moves to Montana next month. Can someone explain the advantages/disadvantages of one or the other? It will be Weathertech in either instance.

thx

Liners are molded to conform to the shape of the floor and are made from a thinner "plastic". Matts are less contoured and made from rubber instead of plastic/vinyl and the best way to describe it is they lay on top of the floor instead of conforming to the shape.

DCC 01-05-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrohip (Post 7292171)
I've got a full set of Weathertechs for sale cheap. My wife ordered the full set, not realizing the dealer puts them in. So now I have a second set.:eeps:

Prefer not to ship them, so hopefully someone in Houston needs them. No reasonable offer refused.:yikes: Still in the boxes, unopened.

If they are black for the E70, I'll take them off your hands
PM me and we can meet up

MRV99 01-06-2013 08:34 AM

BMW branded floor liners are made by Weathertech and instead of a weathertech badge they but a BMW badge. If you look on the bottom of the BMW liners, it has weathertech stampings

I have/had liners in my X5, 550 and M3

safelder 01-06-2013 10:58 AM

The Weathertechs are great. Had a set of liners in my S4, and the thing looked as good inside after 34k as it did when I first took delivery. Dealer threw in all weather mats with my X5, so I'm using those front and rear, but I put a WeatherTech in the cargo area (and in my wife's GL). My parents also use WeatherTech liners in their two cars (Lexus GS and Porsche 911 Carrera S).

finnbmw 01-06-2013 03:48 PM

We got the BMW branded liners on our 2010 and I don't like them that much. Too slippery in my opinion. For our 2012 I bought the rubber floor mats from BMW http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=3555

Little bit cheaper and much better IMO.

In the 2nd row, we have the BMW floor liners on both vehicles, there they are good as they cover the entire floor space.

dkreidel 01-06-2013 05:30 PM

After inspecting the front floor of the X5M I can't see how the liners offer much more utility than the mats. The carpeted mats sit flush with stainless sills so either the liner has really short walls on the door side or they stick up and would irritate the hell out of me every time I get in or out.

Am I missing something?

dk

dkreidel 01-07-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRV99 (Post 7293554)
BMW branded floor liners are made by Weathertech and instead of a weathertech badge they but a BMW badge. If you look on the bottom of the BMW liners, it has weathertech stampings

I have/had liners in my X5, 550 and M3

Odd that BMW sources their liners from Weathertech but makes their own mats in Germany? The mats have "Made in Germany" molded into the bottom of the mats.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psf5694a75.jpg

DCC 01-07-2013 05:35 PM

I believe weathertech were the first to come up with liners and so far have been themain supplier to many oe manufacturers

MRV99 01-07-2013 06:14 PM

DCC. You are correct. I live 10 miles away from their factory. They have a store at the factory and was talking to them. They are the leading supplier of "liners" instead of mats. They said OEM's find it easier to buy from them instead of make their own.

blue dragon 01-08-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbmw (Post 7294577)
We got the BMW branded liners on our 2010 and I don't like them that much. Too slippery in my opinion. For our 2012 I bought the rubber floor mats from BMW http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=3555

Little bit cheaper and much better IMO.

In the 2nd row, we have the BMW floor liners on both vehicles, there they are good as they cover the entire floor space.

Yup, used BMW mats in the front and the weathertech liner in the back. The liners are slippery.

Kzang 01-08-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkreidel (Post 7297046)
Odd that BMW sources their liners from Weathertech but makes their own mats in Germany? The mats have "Made in Germany" molded into the bottom of the mats.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psf5694a75.jpg

I was going to say.... I have the OEM BMW mats in my X5 and they look nothing like the weathertech mats I've seen in other X5's..

bmw001 01-11-2013 05:02 PM

All weather mats

I've got an almost brand new Weathertech set ( fronts, back and cargo without 3rd row seat ) for sale. They are black, with BMW logo engraved. PM me if interested. Fairfield County, CT/ Westchester County, NY. No shipping, local pick up. Thanks.

DCC 01-12-2013 12:10 AM

How is the driver front mat secured to the floor? Is it with hooks or just velcro?
Thanks