Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   OE Tuning OBD2 Flash Tune (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667931)

Mr. Grumpy 01-04-2013 10:32 AM

OE Tuning OBD2 Flash Tune
 
I wonder what's taking Dinan so long to crack the F10 ECU when we already have other tuners offering OBD2 Flash tunes.

http://oetuning.com/index.php/produc...3-0-turbo.html

40 hp and 90 peak torque for $700 doesn't sound that bad.

Needsdecaf 01-04-2013 10:41 AM

Simple: Dinan warrants their products.

Emilner 01-04-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 7289608)
Simple: Dinan warrants their products.

That's goes to price, but why the multi year delay???

Diplomatic 01-04-2013 11:01 AM

who knows at this point....Rentech has on in the works too with dyno curves. Click on "view images"
http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/687

TJH-5 01-04-2013 11:11 AM

:tsk:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Grumpy (Post 7289587)
I wonder what's taking Dinan so long to crack the F10 ECU when we already have other tuners offering OBD2 Flash tunes.

http://oetuning.com/index.php/produc...3-0-turbo.html

40 hp and 90 peak torque for $700 doesn't sound that bad.

Im getting frustrated as well
If they wait too much longer i may not bother since i want to enjoy it for a while
But i am very conservative & will only use Dinan for warranty reasons
Hopefully soon

wildcardz 01-04-2013 11:44 AM

How are these flash tunes installed if you're not in the local area?

Needsdecaf 01-04-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilner (Post 7289624)
That's goes to price, but why the multi year delay???

Quite simply, they don't care about the market and haven't devoted any resources to developing the tune for that car.

That was pretty much the jist of what I got when I was asking....18 months ago.

BigDeep1 01-04-2013 01:53 PM

To me I am looking for the best price to power value that yields a safe and effective tune. BMS has been in the forefront of this category; however, with a recent dyno graph on F10post I have a few concerns. I emailed OE Tuning requesting a dyno of this F10 n55 ECU flash tune.

Mr. Grumpy 01-04-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 7289608)
Simple: Dinan warrants their products.

I understand the whole warranty thing and I love Dinan products even thou they're expensive but I'm getting a little impatient. I don't want my car to be a rocket (that's what the Ninja ZX-14 is for :D) but I wouldn't mind more power, especially at hwy speeds.

Mr. Grumpy 01-04-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcardz (Post 7289770)
How are these flash tunes installed if you're not in the local area?

My experience with AAW was that I Fed Ex'd my ECU for them to install it. I got my ECU back 2 days after I shipped it. That was on my E90.

RambleJ 01-04-2013 05:53 PM

I have had nothing but great experiences with OE tuning. I dropped my JB3 for their tune on my e60 535i and never looked back. There was more power, smoother delivery and it was completely invicible to the dealers.

I know that because I had numerous issues worked on the car with not one worry about my warranty. I never tried to hide the tune by uninstalling it, just dropped the car off as is.

miamiboyca 01-04-2013 09:19 PM

How ca you tell its for an n55, and not an n54? All it says is 535???

weissja 01-04-2013 09:39 PM

A few weeks ago, I spoke with Jeremy who owns OE. He does not yet flash tune the 535 because of a few problems which he hopes to have worked out soon. He can bench flash, I believe, but you should verify with him. If you want a flash tune now, I spoke with ECU Tuning Group who can do it.

Mr. Grumpy 01-05-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamiboyca (Post 7291110)
How ca you tell its for an n55, and not an n54? All it says is 535???

At the bottom of the page on the additional information block it says F10 and N55 engine.

Alan L. 01-05-2013 04:39 AM

I think the biggest reason for dinans delay is being able to communicate and write over the ECU. When i spoke to OE tuning awhile back they said they can flash the car but once you turn the car off it would revert back to stock settings. The only way for them to do it permanently is to remove your ecu and bench flash it. This is a problem because 1) not everyone could afford the down time and 2) the ecu is attached to the engine below the intake manifold so not easy to access like it was on older Bmw.

Alan

wildcardz 01-10-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDeep1 (Post 7290089)
To me I am looking for the best price to power value that yields a safe and effective tune. BMS has been in the forefront of this category; however, with a recent dyno graph on F10post I have a few concerns. I emailed OE Tuning requesting a dyno of this F10 n55 ECU flash tune.

Did they get back to you?

BigDeep1 01-10-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcardz (Post 7303117)
Did they get back to you?

Unfortunately not :(

BigDeep1 01-10-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcardz (Post 7303117)
Did they get back to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDeep1 (Post 7303313)
Unfortunately not :(

UPDATE: I called OE Tuning this morning. Josh returned my call and told me that the F10 n55 tune is still not available. It should be ready in about a month. He said he would email me with updates. I will let you know whatever I find out. I told him to keep an open mind about a group buy ;) :thumbup:.

BigDeep1 01-11-2013 05:48 AM

Hi Pradeep,


Thanks for contacting OE Tuning. From tuning we typically seen gains of +50-60wTq & +40-45wHp to the wheels from dyno testing.

http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=577


Features of the tune include:


- Higher Torque request

- Increased Boot targets

- Improved throttle response

- Ignition & Fuel adjustment

- Rpm and shifting limits can also be increased


The tune price is $695. The product can be installed at our location in L.A. other wise you must remove your ECU and send in for tuning. Your tune will be saved in our database and is always 100% reversible. Stage 1 and Stage2 (suits catless downpipes) tunes are available for all N55.

If you would like any more information on the OE Tuning tune for N55, please don't hesitate to email or call the shop. 818-574-5075 or sales@oetuning.com

I am all too happy to assist.

Regards,


Jeremy

Mr. Grumpy 01-11-2013 06:48 AM

Hi Big Deep,

Thanks for the update :thumbup:. I find strange that they advertise this tune as available in their website but they told you that it will be ready in a month.

RambleJ 01-11-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDeep1 (Post 7305387)
Hi Pradeep,


Thanks for contacting OE Tuning. From tuning we typically seen gains of +50-60wTq & +40-45wHp to the wheels from dyno testing.

http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=577


Features of the tune include:


- Higher Torque request

- Increased Boot targets

- Improved throttle response

- Ignition & Fuel adjustment

- Rpm and shifting limits can also be increased


The tune price is $695. The product can be installed at our location in L.A. other wise you must remove your ECU and send in for tuning. Your tune will be saved in our database and is always 100% reversible. Stage 1 and Stage2 (suits catless downpipes) tunes are available for all N55.

If you would like any more information on the OE Tuning tune for N55, please don't hesitate to email or call the shop. 818-574-5075 or sales@oetuning.com

I am all too happy to assist.

Regards,


Jeremy

Nice! I wish I was still in LA, this would be on my car already. :(
$695 is a pretty damn solid price.

miamiboyca 01-11-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RambleJ (Post 7305532)
Nice! I wish I was still in LA, this would be on my car already. :(
$695 is a pretty damn solid price.

Ramble, are you going to do it? Do you know how to remove the ECU ?

RambleJ 01-11-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamiboyca (Post 7305536)
Ramble, are you going to do it? Do you know how to remove the ECU ?

Sure, its as simple as brain surgery... :rofl:

I am not too sure about the F10, but on my E60 it wasn't too difficult...

Mr. Grumpy 01-11-2013 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 357099

The DME is attached to the intake housing. I haven't mess with it yet but it shouldn't be to difficult to remove.

RambleJ 01-11-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Grumpy (Post 7305718)
Attachment 357099

The DME is attached to the intake housing. I haven't mess with it yet but it shouldn't be to difficult to remove.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I guess its time for me to start researching and poking around in my engine compartment.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms