Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Got pulled over on my test drive! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667942)

GetMeABeer 01-04-2013 11:21 AM

Got pulled over on my test drive!

Hey all, new here obviously, so not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, but funny story so...

It was a cold day in December. I just settled into the cozy confines of my new/used 6er for my test drive with the dealership sales guy. The car felt good, real good! So good in fact, didn't even realize I was doing 55 MPH in a 40 zone. It was a two lane road on both sides so, it's not like I was driving crazy like. Luckily, I always have a couple of detective cards from a friend of mine, so the officer let me go with a warning. But moved the old state trooper sticker over from my other car to the 6er, so I won't have any problems on the highway, but local cops are another story, but I hardly ever speed carelously. I may have a heavy foot sometimes, but I never drive recklessly.

Anyway, been reading the forum for a little while, seems like a great site, look forward to chatting with everyone. Love the 6 series, long been my dream car, finally found one that I could afford with 1 owner and low miles. Haven't driven regularly since I moved to NYC in 09, so excited about it. Missed it, couldn't stay away.

Problem is, after my purchase, I went back to the dealership and took another 2 test drives. A 2012 M6 and an 2009 M6, they are lovely. Too be honest prefer the look of the E63/64 over the new model, but it's a beautiful car too.

I'm hooked! BMW's are like coke. Well, maybe not like that horrible drug, but addictive nonetheless. You think, well, I'll start small and just get a used 6er, next thing you know you're dropping 70k on gorg M6 with only 6k miles on it.

Previously owned a 2000 328ci and honestly, once I got used to it, that car felt like a piece of junk compared to the 6 series, no offensive meant, I loved that car.

btw, how do you add an avatar here? Can't find that option.

MMME30W 01-04-2013 11:28 AM

Welcome!

For avatar help, see here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=how+to+avatar

GetMeABeer 01-04-2013 11:34 AM

Thanks. Ok cool on the avatar link, I'll wait for the 100 posts.

...sig showed up lol, pic might be too big, can't tell on my phone, still setting things up.

tampamark 01-04-2013 12:55 PM

Congrats and welcome! Give us some more pics already :thumbup:

That is a great story, glad you were given a pass on the ticket. When I was in my search I found myself up in Baltimore on Business. There was a "right-priced" manual 650 located in Trenton, NJ. I had a full day of down time between meetings so I took a roadtrip to take a test drive.

They gave me the car to drive with a young porter, I broke every traffic law in that town! Driving the 6 in a stick was a real blast, when a light turned yellow I chose to floor it and squirt through the yellow/red instead of stopping. I was ripping through turns and accelerating beyond the limit by 2nd gear. When I gave the keys back to the sales guy I asked him if the police were looking for me since traffic laws around the dealer were optional! Anyway, it was a slow day and it caused a good laugh by all the staff, they thought it was the funniest thing all day. :angel:

ammobmw 01-06-2013 08:08 PM

Welcome. Nice 6er, First time I see the 6er with those wheels.

petriej 01-07-2013 08:59 AM

I had those same wheels. Comes on non-sport 6ers.

OVRTKR 01-07-2013 09:50 AM

Welcome..

2 Attachment(s)
Were did you buy the car BMW of Manhattan ? I can't believe you got it up to 55 in the city..lol :thumbup:

Yorgi 01-07-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petriej (Post 7296061)
I had those same wheels. Comes on non-sport 6ers.

Those are 18" Style 118. Very similar to the 19" Style 218 which I have on my 2006.

OVRTKR 01-08-2013 07:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's a (non sport) thats why he has those wheels notice the chrome around his windows...

GetMeABeer 01-08-2013 02:31 PM

Yeah, non sport version 18's. Will probably upgrade the rims in a bit, but they are nicer in person than pictures. I like the chrome look around the windows, sport deletes to black look, nice too.

The ad said sport, but when I got there quickly realized it wasn't. The car was so clean, 1 owner, low miles, price was right, didn't care at that point. But it has some options, L7, cold weather, privacy glass, smokers package, I think that's it, still have to play around with it more. Still reading the manual, one of my favorite things about new cars.

Bought in Conniticut, not Manhattan, so I got up to 55 easy lol. But now can't resist speeding in this thing, it's all I ever do. Was weaving in and out of traffic like a crazy person today. Like a ********* in a hooked up neon or honda, whatever it is people hookup with Pepboys parts anyway.

lol Tampa, nice story, thanks for sharing. And thanks to all for the welcomes.

TopDownInFL 01-08-2013 06:46 PM

Welcome! Interesting start to your ownership.