Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X1 E84 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Newbie - advise me on price quote please (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668137)

TheAnsonia 01-05-2013 12:04 PM

Newbie - advise me on price quote please

Hi, thanks to everyone in advance for your thoughts on the price that I am being quoted.

For a X1 Sdrived28i with the following options:

Premium Package
Technology Package
(with bmw assist with BT etc)
Heated Seats
Wood Trim

I am getting a quote of 38995 with monthly payments for a 36 months lease of $510 per month. that is with nothing down except your regular fees and first month's payment and it also includes LA's ridiculous sales tax of 9%. That also includes the destination charge.

I am doing this thru a car broker b/c I hate dealing with socal car salesmen. It was also hard to find the car in Jet Black exterior and black interior leather. And he is helping me get out of my current lease with no fee to make it happen (which includes taking care of some body damage at no charge). So even if I could get a slightly better deal after haggling at a dealership, I am not sure I could save as much money thru them exiting my current lease.

Thoughts?

Wolfex 01-05-2013 01:22 PM

Check out the older posts below. There are tons of threads about pricing especially in SoCal.

FStephenMasek 01-05-2013 01:57 PM

Why would you sign-up for such a bad deal? How many miles will you drive, vs how many the lease allows before high fees for excess miles are charged? Anyone who can't pay cash without it being a strain or draining their reserves, can't afford the vehicle. Nobody has ever, nor will ever, regret being debt free. Many have and will regret being under the thumbs of the lenders.

Tirpitz 01-05-2013 02:37 PM

Assuming you are getting a "no line" car sticker on your configuration looks to be $39145. If your quoted price is $38995 then this is a terrible deal. They are only offering you roughly $150 off the sticker price of the car. On that car you shouldn't be paying more than $37000- invoice cost plus $500, and perhaps less if you qualify for some of the incentives on offer.

Remember the lease special BMW is touting for the car would be 36 months with a $425 payment once you include the tax. While the car offered is not as well equipped it should give you an idea of how much extra profit is packed into the deal being offered to you.

You owe it to yourself to talk to one of the board sponsors before you pull the trigger. They are not your average car salesman. I worked with Justin Wong at New Century BMW in Alhambra and you can't go wrong with Greg Poland at Pacific BMW or the illustrious John Schaffer up in Santa Barbara.

Greg@Pacific BMW 01-06-2013 12:46 AM

I have not run the numbers but the broker is not working for your best interests as. You think. His commission comes out of sales price.. So he may be making $1,000 that you could be saving..... Why don't you talk to me and let's see how good his deal is to what I can offer. And trust me....whatever lease end charges that u may have ... You are still probably paying for them somehow...