Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   6 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Seat not locked error (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668160)

Nitrogen 01-05-2013 12:41 PM

Seat not locked error

For the past few weeks I've been getting the "DRIVERS SEAT NOT LOCKED"
pop on my info screen. I clear it by pulling the seat latch up and let it down just once. It will go away for a while till I hit a hard bump or I move to stretch in my seat.
Has anyone seen or fixed this before? I don't want to tear down my seat if there is an easier solution. Thanks!!!

645/333 01-05-2013 01:59 PM

Hi! Whilst I have not had that direct fault I have had the release cable for the seat break or at least the plastic ends break. I had to take the seat to bits to replace, but did notice in my 3 or 4th attempt to get it to latch that once the actuator starts to fail due to I think cable stretch you have to replace the whole lot. Not a difficult task as you remove the rear plastic seat back and the lower seat covers on the side where the switches are. Be careful how you remove this as it is easy to break a lug!!! If memory serves they are not straight pulls but slides!! hope this helps a little!!!

Tinoxx 01-05-2013 03:09 PM

Hi

I had this problem it was a little sensor in the seat which cost about 30, when it was replaced it solved the problem. Does it say anything about airbags?

Nitrogen 01-05-2013 03:17 PM

Nothing about airbags just the seat.

Did you do it yourself if so how do I get to it to replace it?
Thanks

Nitrogen 01-15-2013 11:20 PM

Well I opened up the seat and took a look to see where the sensor is and what I found is a micro switch that gets pushed when seat is locked in place. Problem is that sometimes the switch moves over and becomes free and opens then I get the seat not locked error.
I really can't see anyway of getting to the switch without taking the seat out.

jamesmanning 01-09-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitrogen (Post 7316913)
Well I opened up the seat and took a look to see where the sensor is and what I found is a micro switch that gets pushed when seat is locked in place. Problem is that sometimes the switch moves over and becomes free and opens then I get the seat not locked error.
I really can't see anyway of getting to the switch without taking the seat out.

did you figure this out? im having the same issue. what sensor is it? can you take a pic or find a pic online to post?

Nitrogen 01-09-2014 08:40 PM

I did figure it out! I took the side of the power seat off and I found the switch and I just zip tied it closed. Only thing that I suffer from by doing this is the head rest doesn't go down or up when you fold the the seat down. I didn't care about that feature as long as the dinging alarm went away it was so annoying. I will look for the pics I took a lot of them.

jamesmanning 01-10-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitrogen (Post 8066724)
I did figure it out! I took the side of the power seat off and I found the switch and I just zip tied it closed. Only thing that I suffer from by doing this is the head rest doesn't go down or up when you fold the the seat down. I didn't care about that feature as long as the dinging alarm went away it was so annoying. I will look for the pics I took a lot of them.

pmed you...

Nitrogen 01-10-2014 01:54 PM

19 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics sorry for the bad quality but I was using my phone.
Hope it helps once you have the face cover off you can see what needs to come off.