Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   E92 335i Brakes/Rotors (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668473)

Skaggs1204 01-06-2013 11:51 PM

E92 335i Brakes/Rotors

It's about time for a new set of brakes and rotors, I would like to have slotted and drilled calipers and a good set of brakes to really bring the car alive. I don't want to sacrifice any performace what so ever but I want something thats going to last and look good.:eek:

I have a 335i M-Sport, I'm just saying that because I don't know if that makes a diffrence in the type of rotor and brake comound that are put on stock, but I know they are stock.:dunno:

Robin128 01-07-2013 01:28 AM

How many miles have the rotors done?

David1 01-07-2013 06:00 AM

Without better tires and suspension, the brake parts that you want will not increase porformance. You will actually loose braking surface. Drilled stock rotors are for looks. Stick with sloted or stock rotors with a better pad.

Skaggs1204 01-07-2013 09:19 AM

I've got 57k miles on my rotors and I don't know about the brakes.

I plan on buying some new tires, I hate the run flats, and I just wanted a really good look but I feel that the performace is more important too me.

Okay a second question then...I was woundering if get a brake caliper cover would be a good idea, and if so what would be a good one to get?

thekurgan 01-07-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skaggs1204 (Post 7296119)
I've got 57k miles on my rotors and I don't know about the brakes.

I plan on buying some new tires, I hate the run flats, and I just wanted a really good look but I feel that the performace is more important too me.

Okay a second question then...I was woundering if get a brake caliper cover would be a good idea, and if so what would be a good one to get?

I wouldn't cover the caliper, let it cool naturally as it was designed. Agree with not going slotted/drilled with the stock diameter brakes, you'll lose sweep area and true "drilled" rotors should not in fact be "drilled", which weakens them. I'd go with stock rotors, looks like they lasted you quite some time.

CALWATERBOY 01-07-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skaggs1204 (Post 7295434)
It's about time for a new set of brakes and rotors, I would like to have slotted and drilled calipers and a good set of brakes to really bring the car alive. I don't want to sacrifice any performace what so ever but I want something thats going to last and look good.:eek:

I have a 335i M-Sport, I'm just saying that because I don't know if that makes a diffrence in the type of rotor and brake comound that are put on stock, but I know they are stock.:dunno:

Cosmetically or regarding performance?

Stock brakes are excellent for anything short of track work. Do you need more?