Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   does this interior color combo too bright? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668714)

5335 01-08-2013 07:26 AM

does this interior color combo too bright?

1 Attachment(s)
This is a car that I am set to buy - but wanted to confirm that I am making a choice that I won't regret down the road.

It's beige with aluminum trim. I think black trim would have good contrast, but with grayish trim, it blends in with beige and I am afraid it may look too bright / too white.

Ext. color is le man blue.

GarySL 01-08-2013 07:39 AM

5/3er,

I think it's beautiful. And contrasts nicely with the exterior. It will never show dust & lint. Just be prepared though, to address stains, grime & dirt more frequently than say a black interior.

g/l

laser 01-08-2013 07:42 AM

It's my favorite interior color - had it on many and it cleans up quite well.

Tint the windows of you think the interior is a little bright for your daytime tastes!

alpinweiss 01-08-2013 08:40 AM

I think it looks splendid, especially with the LeMans Blue exterior. I also prefer the aluminum trim, instead of wood trim (my car has the aluminum).

:drive:

chris328 01-08-2013 11:00 AM

i have the lemans blue with oyster/silver glacier and i think it is fairly appropriate for a superior person.

Kilgore Trout 01-08-2013 02:03 PM

I prefer the wood trim, in general. But, the aluminum trim looks great with about just any color (except the various shades of gray - not enough contrast). Beige and aluminum should both look fantastic with LeMans, which happens to be my favorite BMW color.

Sounds like a gorgeous combo to me. In fact, if you are not concerned about the upkeep of a beige interior (and I'm not saying you should be) that is definitely one of the nicer combos you can get for a three series.

I doubt you'll have regrets. I'd go for it.

sonitm 01-10-2013 10:47 AM

Blue and beige is a beautiful combo. You can always change the trim for a reasonable price. I would opt for the the dark walnut.

thekurgan 01-10-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarySL (Post 7298069)
5/3er,

I think it's beautiful. And contrasts nicely with the exterior. It will never show dust & lint. Just be prepared though, to address stains, grime & dirt more frequently than say a black interior.

g/l

+1. gorgeous

CALWATERBOY 01-10-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5335 (Post 7298043)
This is a car that I am set to buy - but wanted to confirm that I am making a choice that I won't regret down the road.

It's beige with aluminum trim. I think black trim would have good contrast, but with grayish trim, it blends in with beige and I am afraid it may look too bright / too white.

Shivering fear is a terrible thing.

How do you feel about dirt? Very happy with Saddle m'self.

Salvator 01-10-2013 05:06 PM

It looks vey nice... Very Swedish... I'd have no hesitation with that combination

pointandgo 01-10-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Have a sun roof? Intend to use it often? IMO this interior will require constant cleaning and care. Even my E92 saddle interior required a lot more cleaning than black (obviously).
I would not get a color this light...personal opinion.

Pasa-d 01-10-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

I stayed aware from beige and grey because of the light colored carpet and particularly the door panels (lower ones). Oyster interior has black carpet and door panels and looks great all the time. No problems keeping it look new.

1985mb 01-10-2013 07:24 PM

How many people have maintained beige interior-colored BMWs here? It's not hard at all.

If the OP has leatherette, it will be even easier to clean. Not that beige leather was all that hard to maintain in my 330i (sold it virtually spotless after 66k mi).

I would take beige/saddle/oyster over black or grey any day.

I do agree alum trim doesn't offer enough contrast, but one of your options is to have it wrapped/covered with black/grey ni-doc (faux carbon fiber weave)

5335 01-10-2013 08:07 PM

Thanks everyone. Yes I am pulling the trigger on this one. Maintenance isn't a big deal as I've had E60 with the same color combo but it had dark wood trim. I am a bit skeptical about it being too bland still but cannot argue that this car is a beauty ;-)

I could wrap the trim if I feel the need for more contrast later.

SilverX3 01-10-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

I like it

napoleon 01-11-2013 01:01 PM

It is a great combo. If it is a convertible, it will be hard to clean. I have Montego blue and that color interior and I love it. Mine gets dirty becuase I have the top down a lot.

Spagolli94 01-11-2013 07:09 PM

I prefer the saddle brown myself. I don't mind the beige, but for some reason, when you get the beige interior, they also make the lower half of the dash beige as well. I think the same can be said about the gray interiors. But with saddle brown, the entire dash is black, which is the way it should be IMO.

R608 01-12-2013 06:45 PM

I think it looks great, personally. Unless you just prefer a darker interior color, I see nothing wrong with it.