Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Dinan Shockware - too late for my 550 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669054)

dunderhi 01-09-2013 06:01 PM

Dinan Shockware - too late for my 550
 
Only a year and a half after I spoke to a Dinan rep about their soon to be released shock software for my EDC equipped 550 they finally released it. Too bad I sold my 550 three weeks ago. :mad:

DINAN Shockware

Well, now I guess I'll have consider Dinaning my 650. :rolleyes:

alextremo 01-09-2013 06:20 PM

Interesting, I wonder if this allows you to turn off DTC completely and keep sport edc settings active (one of my pet peeves) Would like to hear feedback if anyone has had this installed.

miamiboyca 01-09-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunderhi (Post 7302140)
Only a year and a half after I spoke to a Dinan rep about their soon to be released shock software for my EDC equipped 550 they finally released it. Too bad I sold my 550 three weeks ago. :mad:

DINAN Shockware

Well, now I guess I'll have consider Dinaning my 650. :rolleyes:

Dunderhil - How much power do you need? :rofl::rofl:

Needsdecaf 01-09-2013 07:10 PM

Not for 535..... massive fail.

WTF Dinan?!?!?!?!

bmguy 01-09-2013 07:11 PM

This looks like a fun thing to add!
I was hoping to not be the first.... but I sent the email asking when they can install it... I have an appointment on the 25, so if the software is available, I think they will do it on that day....

dunderhi 01-09-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 7302307)
Not for 535..... massive fail.

WTF Dinan?!?!?!?!

Okay there must be something about the 535. :dunno:

I'll guess some dufus dropping off a 535 for development/testing must have run over Steve Dinan's foot and he swore he would never have another 535 in his shop again! :rofl:

CyclePimps 01-09-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 7302307)
Not for 535..... massive fail.

WTF Dinan?!?!?!?!

Yeah, no Dinan love for us 535ers. :confused:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

Tuffyboy 01-10-2013 12:17 AM

Damn them. Just when I thought I was close to starting my kids college fund.

joseyu 01-10-2013 10:17 AM

Appointment set for noon tomorrow to have this software installed. Will report back.

bmguy 01-10-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseyu (Post 7303524)
Appointment set for noon tomorrow to have this software installed. Will report back.

Thats great.. Id love to hear what you think of it;
Do you have the Dinan Suspension also (it appears you can do this software without the Dinan Suspension is why I ask)

I have the Suspension upgrade already, and I booked my appointment for the 25th as I have to be there for some other work anyways so I'd love to hear your impressions of this upgrade before they flash mine!

joseyu 01-11-2013 08:51 AM

Sucks! My install guy's computer is messed up today and my appointment has been re-scheduled for Monday 7:30am.

dunderhi 01-11-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseyu (Post 7305847)
Sucks! My install guy's computer is messed up today and my appointment has been re-scheduled for Monday 7:30am.

The biggest problem with Dinan is their installation process/staff. I can't keep count the number of bad downloads and install issues that members have had here. Don't get me wrong, I lover their products, but there's too frequently a challange in getting it installed. :mad:

e60pilot 01-12-2013 08:04 AM

Dinan Suspension
 
Scheduled an install for the end of the month: Dinan suspension (non-XI version) and Shockware (first one at this dealer -- not ideal, but someone has to go first).
Will let everyone know how it turns out.

joseyu 01-14-2013 06:53 AM

Just got the software installed and I would say that it works as advertised in the 15 minutes of testing. Normal now feels like sport mode and sport mode now feels really good. I also have the Dinan springs and higher speed turns in sport mode are now really crisp.

bmguy 01-14-2013 07:56 AM

Is there any change to the steering feel, weight/stiffness that has resulted in the Dinan flash also?

I was wondering as when you select sport it stiffens the steering inputs and suspension, but if the Dinan is already changing the Edc does it leave the steering input at the comfort settings?

And if it does changing steering feel is it progressive as you move up in modes?

joseyu 01-14-2013 09:26 AM

No changes to the steering since it's an xDrive car. I don't think the EDC button in an xDrive car changes the steering because it does not have an electric steering like the RWD cars.

bmguy 01-14-2013 09:41 AM

Odd, it certainly feels like the wheel stiffens on my setup when I go into sport mode from comfort...

joseyu 01-14-2013 10:26 AM

That might be true and I may have never felt it because before this software, I only drove the car in sport mode or sport+ so I don't know what normal feels like. However, after the software update, I don't remember feeling that the steering was any different going from normal to sport. Let me check again during lunch and confirm.

joseyu 01-14-2013 11:09 AM

Just checked again and I don't notice any change in steering feel going from normal to sport with the new shockware.

Sam-F10 01-14-2013 11:33 AM

Would anyone know if this requires the Dinan Springs to be installed ?

I have the stock springs on my 550 and wondering if I can use this software to make the Sport mode more sturdy ( currently a bit floaty )

geo3515 01-14-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam-F10 (Post 7312591)
Would anyone know if this requires the Dinan Springs to be installed ?

I have the stock springs on my 550 and wondering if I can use this software to make the Sport mode more sturdy ( currently a bit floaty )

It works for the stock springs:
"DINAN Shockware™ can be used as a stand alone upgrade. However, your BMW performs best when paired with the DINAN Performance Suspension System."

dunderhi 01-14-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseyu (Post 7311884)
Just got the software installed and I would say that it works as advertised in the 15 minutes of testing. Normal now feels like sport mode and sport mode now feels really good. I also have the Dinan springs and higher speed turns in sport mode are now really crisp.

Congats! The torch has officially been turned over to you. :drive:

alextremo 01-14-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alextremo (Post 7302206)
Interesting, I wonder if this allows you to turn off DTC completely and keep sport edc settings active (one of my pet peeves) Would like to hear feedback if anyone has had this installed.

@joseyu - did you notice if they changed anything with regards to allowing you to turn off dtc but keep your edc setting?

joseyu 01-14-2013 07:31 PM

No, holding down the dtc button for 3 secs in any mode still turns off the dtc and default to sports.

miamiboyca 01-15-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseyu (Post 7312517)
Just checked again and I don't notice any change in steering feel going from normal to sport with the new shockware.

Can I ask why you think you would feel a change? :dunno:

My understanding is that the xi has hydraulic steering, and thus software can't make any real changes. Am i wrong?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms