Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Key fob smells like BBQ sauce, BBQ sauce stains found (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669361)

spicytofu 01-11-2013 06:40 AM

Key fob smells like BBQ sauce, BBQ sauce stains found

LOL, like the title says, I found BBQ sauce stains on my key fob in the cracks. Smells like it too, but I havent tasted it yet. Why you may ask? Well, I dropped my car off at the dealership last week and I got it back a few days ago....someone had lunch with my fob/car.....:)

ctorrey 01-11-2013 07:03 AM

Not sure I would be as amused about this as you.

madurodave 01-11-2013 07:04 AM

Have the dealer replace it.

The X Men 01-11-2013 07:11 AM

Was it cajun style?

spicytofu 01-11-2013 07:12 AM

I wonder if this is even my fob. Can the dealer reprogram an existing key for my car? Maybe they gave me a 2007 one and hope it breaks after 4 years...

spicytofu 01-11-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The X Men (Post 7305434)
Was it cajun style?

lol im guessing KC Masterpiece Original....mmmmm

CALWATERBOY 01-11-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytofu (Post 7305370)
LOL, like the title says, I found BBQ sauce stains on my key fob in the cracks. Smells like it too, but I havent tasted it yet. Why you may ask? Well, I dropped my car off at the dealership last week and I got it back a few days ago....someone had lunch with my fob/car.....:)

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Zeichen311 01-11-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytofu (Post 7305436)
I wonder if this is even my fob. Can the dealer reprogram an existing key for my car?

:rofl: No, you can relax on that score. The key blade wouldn't match your door lock cylinder.

Your car was at the dealer for several days--what were they working on? I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as it was something that requires road testing--especially multiple tests if it was a tricky problem. The tech probably combined a road test with a lunch run. Otherwise I would be plenty annoyed and would let the dealer know it.

Should have been more careful with the sauce, though. :thumbdwn:

GarySL 01-11-2013 08:50 AM

Leave it to someone named Spicy Tofu to be offended how their key fob smells.

I bet the dealer freshen up the fob key with that valet key lubricant. It really stinks.

spicytofu 01-11-2013 12:41 PM

they were working on the fuel tank issue. I think they did a small road test as the mileage was 1.5 higher than when I handed it over. Im pretty sure it was BBQ sauce haha. I realized my key smelled like BBQ sauce and upon further inspection, you can see the sauce dried and crusted in the cracks. I could careless what they do with my car, its going back in 4 years anyways lol. They couldve at least did a better job cleaning my keys...i guess im glad I didnt find "other" sauces....(Harold's car comes to mind)

cruisingbimmer 01-11-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytofu (Post 7305370)

Your key fob must be finger lickin' good. :rofl: