Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Coding and Programming (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   F10 F10 ambient light functions. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669572)

radarguy 01-12-2013 07:32 AM

F10 ambient light functions.

I found these ambient light functions in the F30 cheat sheet. Are there similar ones for the F10?

Ambiente_Helligkeit (brightness)
Ambiente_Nachfuehrung (independent from cluster brightness)
HELLIGKEIT_AMBILIGHT (ambient slider)

miotoo 01-12-2013 07:30 PM

If I recall correctly, changing the values on my F10 didnt have any effect..the last one added a control slider in idrive but it wasnt doing anything.

radarguy 01-13-2013 11:28 AM

Good info, thanks.

intex98 03-24-2013 10:09 PM

Anyone know if it's possible to increase the brightness of the ambient lighting?

ilhan1103 03-26-2013 12:16 PM

There is one I've found but others have reported it not working. Feel free to try on yours.
I can't recall the exact code but it's in the f30 sheet

sam-and-dori 09-05-2015 10:23 AM

Changing CS_AMB_MIN_BRIGHTNESS to 50 made my ambient lights MUCH brighter. I also tried changing CS_AMB_MAX_OFFSET from 70 to 80, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

mitakam 09-05-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam-and-dori (Post 9272209)
Changing CS_AMB_MIN_BRIGHTNESS to 50 made my ambient lights MUCH brighter. I also tried changing CS_AMB_MAX_OFFSET from 70 to 80, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Hi, is the much brighter you mean about the max brightness with iDrive slider and Instrument cluster brightness wheel all the way up? Because if it is brighter than that I have heard there was some problems with the light strips overheating and melting components.

txoid 10-20-2015 10:43 PM

So i just changed a few of these setting tonight and noticed a little difference with the brightness (A little brighter). Below are the setting I set them to.

CS_AMB_BRIGHTNESS (left at 100% (werte 64))

CS_AMB_MIN_BRIGHTNESS
set to: initwert
Changed werte to 32 (50%)

CS_AMB_MAX_OFFSET
Changed werte to 10

The ambient lighting still dims with the cluster dimmer but at high setting it seams to be brighter. I'm not sure what the offset is doing because i don't know what PWM stands for. I'll try some other settings this weekend.

AntDX316 10-11-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txoid (Post 9346308)
So i just changed a few of these setting tonight and noticed a little difference with the brightness (A little brighter). Below are the setting I set them to.

CS_AMB_MIN_BRIGHTNESS

CS_AMB_MAX_OFFSET
Changed werte to 10

The ambient lighting still dims with the cluster dimmer but at high setting it seams to be brighter. I'm not sure what the offset is doing because i don't know what PWM stands for. I'll try some other settings this weekend.

Pulse Width Modulation

kajer 10-13-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txoid (Post 9346308)

CS_AMB_MIN_BRIGHTNESS

CS_AMB_MAX_OFFSET
Changed werte to 10

Along these lines, do you think it's possible to code minimum and maximum brightness for the gauge cluster / internal button locater lighting?

I would like my dimmer wheel to go to 0% if possibe to black out the gauges at night. Much like the "night panel" function of the old SAABs

AntDX316 10-13-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kajer (Post 9877553)
Along these lines, do you think it's possible to code minimum and maximum brightness for the gauge cluster / internal button locater lighting?

I would like my dimmer wheel to go to 0% if possibe to black out the gauges at night. Much like the "night panel" function of the old SAABs

I never messed with those kinds of codings. I think overdriving LEDs will make them burnout. It might be a hassle replacing those LEDs considering it could be attached to bigger parts. Replacement would require a bigger part replacement.

Also if the bulb is sent too low power it would flicker or not even turn on I think without a PWM modification.

kajer 10-14-2016 10:01 AM

I agree on the overdriven LEDs, primary reason most LEDs die.

As far under powering, depends on the driver circuit. I might try to find some codings for the minimum brightness of the gauge cluster. During those dark nights out in the desert, the minimum panel brightness is too bright. The best I can do is to turn off the CIC display. It helps, but not as much as further dimming would.

I'll see what I can find and report back.

AntDX316 10-14-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kajer (Post 9878376)
I agree on the overdriven LEDs, primary reason most LEDs die.

As far under powering, depends on the driver circuit. I might try to find some codings for the minimum brightness of the gauge cluster. During those dark nights out in the desert, the minimum panel brightness is too bright. The best I can do is to turn off the CIC display. It helps, but not as much as further dimming would.

I'll see what I can find and report back.

I saw what the "foot well" lights look like and they seemed to be soldered on. I gave up trying to solder anything that small.

kajer 10-14-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntDX316 (Post 9878913)
I saw what the "foot well" lights look like and they seemed to be soldered on. I gave up trying to solder anything that small.

wtf are you talking about? nobody mentioned footwell lights or soldering.

Miami10 10-14-2016 09:09 PM

F10 ambient light functions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kajer (Post 9878939)
wtf are you talking about? nobody mentioned footwell lights or soldering.

Admin needs to get someone to filter and remove ant boy's posts before someone uses his ignorance and finds themselves in trouble. Enough is enough.

As to your questions, there is far more potential to modify F10 lighting than is safe to post openly due to variations in equipment, region, and Software Integration level. Most of the combined lighting controls can be separated and modified individually. It just won't be the same method for
Every car. For example, I have two FRM ncd's open in front of me right now. Both are F10, one US the other ECE. They're at the same level, same CAFD version, identical HW, SWFL and BTLD. However, one is in decimal while the other is in hex. Same function, both represent 100% but swapping the werte will have a totally different result if interchanged. I have no explanation why and it makes absolutely no sense, but yet it is so.

If it wasn't for things like that, I'd have published the #1 most requested procedure for Fxx vehicles 2 years ago...Double Flash Hazards. Several dozen variations would be needed and certainty as to which one to use cannot be chanced due to the risk of botching the supply voltage, PMW modulation and duty cycle frequency which will damage components left and right if the wrong one is used.