Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Delayed X3 Orders? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669964)

kennyw 01-14-2013 05:57 AM

Delayed X3 Orders?

Ordered an X3 35i M-Sport from an Oregon dealership on Dec. 28th and they had a production slot for me. I received a production number and was told 3-4 weeks to delivery. Here it is 2.5 weeks later and the status online is still "Order Documented" and same message calling the phone number. Anyone else experiencing delays? My CA won't supply me with any detailed information...can they even do that before it goes into production other than knowing when it was supposed to start? Sold my MINI Countryman a week and a half ago and driving my Citroen 2CV and freezing my ass of in our snowy town. Chomping at the bit to get my first BMW.

noka 01-14-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyw (Post 7311734)
Ordered an X3 35i M-Sport from an Oregon dealership on Dec. 28th and they had a production slot for me. I received a production number and was told 3-4 weeks to delivery. Here it is 2.5 weeks later and the status online is still "Order Documented" and same message calling the phone number. Anyone else experiencing delays? My CA won't supply me with any detailed information...can they even do that before it goes into production other than knowing when it was supposed to start? Sold my MINI Countryman a week and a half ago and driving my Citroen 2CV and freezing my ass of in our snowy town. Chomping at the bit to get my first BMW.

I experienced similar delays. BMWUSA web site and 800# often disagree and lag reality. Your CA might be able to provide a more up-to-date status.

Want the Thrill 01-14-2013 06:18 AM

Talk to your dealer and ask them what your build week is. They know exactly what week your X3 is slated to be built. If they tell you anything different, they are feeding you a line of BS.

damavr 01-14-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Ordered mine the same day, both the 800 # and website say the same things, order documented scheduled for production without a confirmed production date. The dealer told me is schedule for week 6. They should be able to give you the production week.

HurricaneDitka 01-14-2013 10:42 AM

Don't worry. You at least have a production number. The dealer will have more info regarding the actual production week and their allocation. My order went in 12/22 and I got a production number that day. Website and phone # indicated production has begun on 1/12 with an estimated completion date of 1/16.

car-fan 01-14-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

You have a Citroen 2CV in the US - that must be a sight post some pics please:)

You might want to try speaking with the GM for your dealership perhaps he can get some more detailed information for you.

BTW: in an around about way, the Countryman was your "first BMW" :D

kennyw 01-14-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by car-fan (Post 7312606)
You have a Citroen 2CV in the US - that must be a sight post some pics please:)

You might want to try speaking with the GM for your dealership perhaps he can get some more detailed information for you.

BTW: in an around about way, the Countryman was your "first BMW" :D

My dad was able to get the 2CV imported from France...he passed away in 2008 and left it to me. Love our family trips out in the summer in it, but freezing my ass off with the rudimentary heater at this time of year in Bend. I will post some pics.

Yes, My Countryman All4 was as close as one can get to a BMW since it was made in the Graz, Austria factory right alongside the BMW's. Was one of the first to arrive on the US West Coast as I ordered it a 6 months before they started production. Was so much fun to drive, but too small after we had a kid a year ago. Looking forward to the X3 35i pretty much loaded.

Thanks everyone for the posts. Got word from the dealer that it will go into production next week and then be delivered 2nd week in Feb. About 3 weeks later than they originally stated, but they have offered a loaner car.

glennk 01-14-2013 10:55 PM

Join the club. I ordered mine back at the beginning of December. Still don't have a Production Date... Getting frustrated!!!

Capobranco 01-15-2013 05:47 AM

Ordered 12-31
Production number 1-07
Told to expect delivery in early to mid-February

Fighterpilot 01-20-2013 06:34 AM

Ordered on 12/15, picked up 1/12. It's only a 40 hour build once it starts.

pmacd55 01-20-2013 11:07 AM

Ordered 1/11 ... build complete and in transit (according to BMWUSA CS)

glennk 01-22-2013 01:02 AM

Ok, so the dealer still doesn't have a production date. It's been over 6 weeks since I placed my order. I'm to the point of just cancelling it and asking for my deposit back. I could see waiting this long if the car came from Germany, but from the Carolinas? No.

damavr 01-22-2013 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennk (Post 7329045)
Ok, so the dealer still doesn't have a production date. It's been over 6 weeks since I placed my order. I'm to the point of just cancelling it and asking for my deposit back. I could see waiting this long if the car came from Germany, but from the Carolinas? No.

I would demand to talk to the GM, there is no reason you should not have a production # by now. I placed my order on the dec.28, they gave me a production # 1st week in January and after another week they told me is schedule for week 7.

And they made you put a deposit? They did not even ask me to put anything down. The whole thing sounds fishy to me.

02420X3 01-22-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennk (Post 7329045)

I would give serious thought to cancelling the order. Ask yourself if you believe that this dealer has been honest with you. The answer to that question may tell you how to proceed.

kennyw 01-22-2013 04:55 PM

Mine went into production 6 days ago and is still in production on the website...sounds like it could be lagging behind reality a bit. The dealer gave me a loaner (brand new X3 28i) though to keep me happy while I wait another couple of weeks for it to arrive. Was quoted 3-4 weeks, more like 5-6 weeks from order to delivery. Drawback of living in Oregon with the factory in SC.

glennk 01-22-2013 07:50 PM

I'm not going to talk to the GM. If I don't get a production date by this Friday, I'm dropping the order. I like the X3, but I can wait for the 2014 model. Or, I could even get a Q5...

pmacd55 01-22-2013 07:55 PM

It must really depend on deler allocation. Ordered 1/11, at dealer 1/22, picking up 1/23. Got the video today too

Want the Thrill 01-22-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glennk (Post 7331084)
I'm not going to talk to the GM. If I don't get a production date by this Friday, I'm dropping the order. I like the X3, but I can wait for the 2014 model. Or, I could even get a Q5...

What week did your dealer say your build slot is? If they haven't told you, you need to ask them. They know exactly what your build week is and can give you that info.

glennk 01-22-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Want the Thrill (Post 7331125)
What week did your dealer say your build slot is? If they haven't told you, you need to ask them. They know exactly what your build week is and can give you that info.

I'll ask that on Friday, in person. If there isn't any info, I'm withdrawing my purchase. Sounds corny, but I'd all ready joined BMW CCA in anticipation of my X3 delivery.