Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Rolls Royce Phantom walk through (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670061)

Popoemt 01-14-2013 01:43 PM

Rolls Royce Phantom walk through

Hi All, I follow a guy on youtube who does some pretty good car reviews, I thought everyone (except Deutsch100 of course, since he has it as a daily driver:thumbup:) would appreciate the review and video... V/r, Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CosJor4IyIU

Individual750LI 01-14-2013 04:06 PM

Deutsch100 has a Ghost! :D

Thanks for the review.

Popoemt 01-14-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Individual750LI (Post 7313147)
Deutsch100 has a Ghost! :D

Thanks for the review.

Dang... Well... It's a good review of a car Deutsch doesn't drive ;) V/r, Tim

Deutsch100 01-16-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popoemt (Post 7313168)
Dang... Well... It's a good review of a car Deutsch doesn't drive ;) V/r, Tim

I might need to update my Profile. I might have "upgraded" to The Phantom shortly after Christmas :):D:rofl::thumbup: Our dealer located the only Silver Phantom with black nappa leather in the USA, and a trade deal on my Ghost was offered, that seriously could not be passed!!! There are some things about The Ghost that were awesome and I am getting used to not having...The Phantom does not have or offer cooled seats, head up display, Comfort Access, Owner's manual loaded in car via iDrive, but The Phantom is now officially THE BEST car I have ever owned, or will ever own. The sad thing about owning a Phantom....is that it is all down hill from now, LOL. I'll try and post more pics later! It is truly a work of art, and it's insane the amount of leather, wood and metal everywhere (the trunk, vanity mirrors, headliner, glove box & storage areas are either swathed in nappa leather or lamb's wool...I am still finding details everywhere. The all LED headlights and driving lights are pretty awesome, and the silky smooth V12 and all new 8 Speed transmission are near flawless! I cannot believe the amount of work and detail that artisans put into this car!!

Here is a picture our salesguy snapped of my Phantom, the day it arrived in CA and was getting ready for it's PDI (England to New Jersey to Pasadena :)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps39f6455e.jpg

And here she is, the day she was delivered, nice and snug in our garage (She would not fit nose first....She is about 230 inches long :-o). We had to jackhammer and re-do the cement work at the back of the garage, and now I can pull in nose first....so much easier than backing in and aligning the USS Constitition, he he he
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psa1735546.jpg

chrischeung 01-16-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7317100)
Our dealer located the only Silver Phantom with black nappa leather in the USA, and a trade deal on my Ghost was offered, that seriously could not be passed!!!

Dude - share the love! Do we need to rush to our dealers - are there any killer deals on Phantoms?

Does anyone know how to check inventory online, and see what cars are inbound for Rolls? I don't want any board members to miss out before the rest of the public gets wind of this.

Naturally one of the big things against getting a Rolls is the lack of BMWCCA rebate.

BMW_F1 01-16-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 7317131)
Dude - share the love! Do we need to rush to our dealers - are there any killer deals on Phantoms?

Does anyone know how to check inventory online, and see what cars are inbound for Rolls? I don't want any board members to miss out before the rest of the public gets wind of this.

Naturally one of the big things against getting a Rolls is the lack of BMWCCA rebate.

Does it qualify for the OLP credit? ;)

chrischeung 01-16-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_F1 (Post 7317931)
Does it qualify for the OLP credit? ;)

Yep - makes you wonder why they don't sell that many cars.

ChrisF01 01-16-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

First off, its rude to get a new toy - err rather new VERY NICE toy and not share pictures with the rest of the class sir...

Also I'm glad I have the same CR Spotless System you do, I feel special now :rofl:

I gotta say, I very much admire your collection, if I had the means - my garage would be very similar to yours:thumbup:

Could you take some pics of your G63, although I couldn't swing a "63" model, the "550" is more in my range, also are they still only special order, were you able to get deals or just sticker? I know the new AMG models are in high demand.

Deutsch100 01-16-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 7317998)
Yep - makes you wonder why they don't sell that many cars.

Am I dense? What is OLP credit?

Deutsch100 01-16-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisF02 (Post 7318446)
First off, its rude to get a new toy - err rather new VERY NICE toy and not share pictures with the rest of the class sir...

Also I'm glad I have the same CR Spotless System you do, I feel special now :rofl:

I gotta say, I very much admire your collection, if I had the means - my garage would be very similar to yours:thumbup:

Could you take some pics of your G63, although I couldn't swing a "63" model, the "550" is more in my range, also are they still only special order, were you able to get deals or just sticker? I know the new AMG models are in high demand.

Hey man! CR Spotless system rocks! The G63 is almost impossible to get, unless you want regular black on black. We got a matte, yet not dull silver with silver/grayish and black 2-tone interior and piano black high gloss wood. Pretty sweet! There are NO deals on the AMG G -Class. All dealers are $10-30,000 over sticker. We paid $10k over sticker :-O So against our principles, but we lost 2 trying to haggle and negotiate. So we just bit the bullet. The awesome!!! discounts we got on The Ghost and Phantom made up for it, and the Bentley had a nice discount too. It all worked out! I think the G550 is at sticker, but with little or no discount!

ChrisF01 01-16-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7318619)
Hey man! CR Spotless system rocks! The G63 is almost impossible to get, unless you want regular black on black. We got a matte, yet not dull silver with silver/grayish and black 2-tone interior and piano black high gloss wood. Pretty sweet! There are NO deals on the AMG G -Class. All dealers are $10-30,000 over sticker. We paid $10k over sticker :-O So against our principles, but we lost 2 trying to haggle and negotiate. So we just bit the bullet. The awesome!!! discounts we got on The Ghost and Phantom made up for it, and the Bentley had a nice discount too. It all worked out! I think the G550 is at sticker, but with little or no discount!

That's nuts, there still is demand for that ultra-exclusive SUV niche, I am a little surprised they didn't offer the G65 on this side of the Atlantic. With that type markup indicates some pretty strong pent up demand. Only thing I wouldn't go for is the chrome brush guards, not my thing. Otherwise I've always fantasized about the GWagen since I was a kid.

Individual750LI 01-16-2013 06:08 PM

Ohh man! Show us more pictures! Interior!

I would be happy to JUST have a G63. :D

chrischeung 01-16-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7318613)

Ownership Loyalty Program - you cost yourself $750 by not getting another BMW!

Popoemt 01-16-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

I might need to update my Profile. I might have "upgraded" to The Phantom shortly after Christmas :):D:rofl::thumbup: Our dealer located the only Silver Phantom with black nappa leather in the USA, and a trade deal on my Ghost was offered, that seriously could not be passed!!! There are some things about The Ghost that were awesome and I am getting used to not having...The Phantom does not have or offer cooled seats, head up display, Comfort Access, Owner's manual loaded in car via iDrive, but The Phantom is now officially THE BEST car I have ever owned, or will ever own. The sad thing about owning a Phantom....is that it is all down hill from now, LOL. I'll try and post more pics later! It is truly a work of art, and it's insane the amount of leather, wood and metal everywhere (the trunk, vanity mirrors, headliner, glove box & storage areas are either swathed in nappa leather or lamb's wool...I am still finding details everywhere. The all LED headlights and driving lights are pretty awesome, and the silky smooth V12 and all new 8 Speed transmission are near flawless! I cannot believe the amount of work and detail that artisans put into this car!!

Here is a picture our salesguy snapped of my Phantom, the day it arrived in CA and was getting ready for it's PDI (England to New Jersey to Pasadena :)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps39f6455e.jpg

And here she is, the day she was delivered, nice and snug in our garage (She would not fit nose first....She is about 230 inches long :-o). We had to jackhammer and re-do the cement work at the back of the garage, and now I can pull in nose first....so much easier than backing in and aligning the USS Constitition, he he he
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psa1735546.jpg

Sooooo. . . I may be clairvoyant.... Your welcome... ;)

BMW_F1 01-16-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7318613)

Owner Loyalty Program = $750 credit for returning BMW owners.

Deutsch100 01-16-2013 10:46 PM

I'm just kicking myself for losing out on that $750 owner loyalty discount!! LOL

It's funny, Rolls Rolls "knew" of me, when I got the Ghost back in September, and of course now with the Phantom. About 5 years ago, I worked with/for BMW. I was their model & principal actorl in an X3/X5 campaign....nationwide TV commericals (primetime!) and I was in dealerships on posters and in magazines!! So....I got some BMW group discounts with both Rolls Royce Motor cars!! :) :)

Db750 01-16-2013 11:02 PM

Enjoyed the video.

:eeps:

Db750 01-16-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7318619)
The awesome!!! discounts we got on The Ghost and Phantom made up for it, and the Bentley had a nice discount too. It all worked out!

Earlier today I bought a bag of Jack Links sweet and hot beef jerky because I saved $4 with my Kroger plus card. :lmao:

Enjoy the new car! The Phantom is a work of art. I can't imagine the feeling when driving one.

Popoemt 01-16-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7319356)
I'm just kicking myself for losing out on that $750 owner loyalty discount!! LOL

It's funny, Rolls Rolls "knew" of me, when I got the Ghost back in September, and of course now with the Phantom. About 5 years ago, I worked with/for BMW. I was their model & principal actorl in an X3/X5 campaign....nationwide TV commericals (primetime!) and I was in dealerships on posters and in magazines!! So....I got some BMW group discounts with both Rolls Royce Motor cars!! :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE2ShxxgDO0

You???? :)

chrischeung 01-17-2013 06:12 AM

All jokes aside, it's a lovely vehicle, and I can't wait for you to share more pics :). Congratulations!

Deutsch100 01-17-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popoemt (Post 7319393)

LOL :rofl: NO, that is not me. I am quite a bit younger, thinner, less chins and have a lot more (blonde) hair :) Although for the BMW campaign, it was longer than I have now & it was dark brown.

Deutsch100 01-17-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischeung (Post 7319646)
All jokes aside, it's a lovely vehicle, and I can't wait for you to share more pics :). Congratulations!

Thank you!!!! :):thumbup:

Popoemt 01-17-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7319719)
LOL :rofl: NO, that is not me. I am quite a bit younger, thinner, less chins and have a lot more (blonde) hair :) Although for the BMW campaign, it was longer than I have now & it was dark brown.

Phewww... I was hoping that was the answer!

Loving the cars brother, thanks for the pics and the updates! Congrats on the new RR, V/r, Tim

Individual750LI 01-18-2013 12:15 PM

Deutsch100, I have a feeling you will change the Rolls again soon! :D
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....wraith-628.jpg
Rolls-Royce is headed to the 2013 Geneva Motor Show with a new addition to its lineup: the Wraith. The ultra-luxury automaker says it plans to start deliveries by the fourth quarter of this year, though details are scarce at the moment. The automaker has contented itself with saying the Wraith will the "most dynamic, powerful and beautiful Rolls-Royce in the company's history." We hear it will be the most modest, too.

Rolls-Royce first began using the Wraith nameplate in 1938. The original car used a tweaked version of the 4.3-liter inline six-cylinder found in the company's 25/30, but its real claim to fame came from the fact that it boasted speed-variable hydraulic dampers. Capable of reaching speeds of up to 85 miles per hour, Rolls-Royce only built 492 examples of the vehicle's chassis.

AdamG13 01-18-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deutsch100 (Post 7319721)
Thank you!!!! :):thumbup:

Nice fiscal-cliff mobile Deutsch