Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E34 (1989 - 1995) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   New Facebook "like" button - NOT (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670140)

BMR_LVR 01-14-2013 07:50 PM

New Facebook "like" button - NOT

Has anyone else noticed that their browsing experience slowed dramatically once the mods added the FB "like" button ??

It slowed it down terribly for me :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And I don't even have/use FB :irate::irate::irate::irate:

BMWFatherFigure 01-14-2013 10:41 PM

Had not noticed the slow down. What's Facebook? Oh yeah, I remember it's where no hopers get gatecrashers to their parties and tell the world what they had for breakfast - like someone cares!! ROFL a lot!!

Monsignor 01-15-2013 06:17 AM

I dont see any "like" button?

BMR_LVR 01-15-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsignor (Post 7314435)
I dont see any "like" button?

You won't see it if you are using your phone. I'll try to get a screen shot later and post it if I can. Heck, I may even take a vid of it and post it to give real-time info on how long it takes. I just don't have a video of the speed before the FB like button was added.

Monsignor 01-15-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR_LVR (Post 7314776)
You won't see it if you are using your phone. I'll try to get a screen shot later and post it if I can. Heck, I may even take a vid of it and post it to give real-time info on how long it takes. I just don't have a video of the speed before the FB like button was added.

I'm on a PC now and i'm not seeing it anywhere? :dunno:

BMR_LVR 01-15-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsignor (Post 7314819)
I'm on a PC now and i'm not seeing it anywhere? :dunno:

On my computer, it shows up just below the "post reply" button; both at the top and bottom.

Monsignor 01-15-2013 09:02 AM

i dont have it.

Must be because im at work and facebook is blocked.

BMR_LVR 01-15-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsignor (Post 7314831)
i dont have it.

Must be because im at work and facebook is blocked.

If you don't mind, let me know if your home computer has the same issue. If it does, then it's something the mods added. If not, then I've probably got some FB virus crap or something. I detest FB :thumbdwn: (just my humble opinion :angel:)

TIA

Monsignor 01-15-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR_LVR (Post 7314854)
If you don't mind, let me know if your home computer has the same issue. If it does, then it's something the mods added. If not, then I've probably got some FB virus crap or something. I detest FB :thumbdwn: (just my humble opinion :angel:)

TIA

to each his own. I'd probably be dead without my facebook :( its a sad sad sad dependency i have

S406 01-15-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWFatherFigure (Post 7314119)
Had not noticed the slow down. What's Facebook? Oh yeah, I remember it's where no hopers get gatecrashers to their parties and tell the world what they had for breakfast - like someone cares!! ROFL a lot!!

I had a egg n ham sandwich from subway. It was good. I think for dinner Im going to have......

Monsignor 01-15-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S406 (Post 7315041)
I had a egg n ham sandwich from subway. It was good. I think for dinner Im going to have......

http://powervoter.com/wp-content/upl...urgerfries.jpg

#yummy #burgernfries #cholesterol #dontcare #YOLO

Monsignor 01-15-2013 07:04 PM

Hey steve. I looked on my laptop (hipster-spec MacBook) and i saw the button you're referring to. Sorry to say that my computer has not slowed at all :/

Good to be back on my droid tab ;)

Sent from Joe's Galaxy Tab 2 via BimmerApp

snowsled7 01-16-2013 04:56 AM

No problems here:dunno:

I do find facetube to be one of the most vile things on the planet. None for me thanks.

Monsignor 01-16-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowsled7 (Post 7317092)
No problems here:dunno:

I do find facetube to be one of the most vile things on the planet. None for me thanks.

If I had the snow toys you did I wouldnt need a facebook either lol

Sent from Joe's Galaxy Tab 2 via BimmerApp

BMR_LVR 01-16-2013 06:33 AM

Interesting ...... I'm at a doctor's office and utilizing their wireless and the FB like button is not there and my browsing experience is very quick again. Hmmm ..... I will see how it will do when I get back home and use my wireless router.

snowsled7 01-16-2013 06:34 AM

I started having a problem with it when employers were demanding access to peoples accounts. I have no desire to subject myself to scrutiny like that, ever, for any reason, by anybody... so, I deleted my account a long time ago.

Lots of my friends and family use it though:dunno:

snowsled7 01-16-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR_LVR (Post 7317219)
Interesting ...... I'm at a doctor's office and utilizing their wireless and the FB like button is not there and my browsing experience is very quick again. Hmmm ..... I will see how it will do when I get back home and use my wireless router.

I am on wireless at home, the FB icon is there, forum speed is so-so but, I never remember it being superfast.

Monsignor 01-16-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR_LVR (Post 7317219)

on your mobile or your laptop?

BMR_LVR 01-16-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsignor (Post 7317262)
on your mobile or your laptop?

I was on my laptop at the MD office utilizing their wireless. No FB like button. I don't ever see it on my mobile.

Now I'm back at my home office (with Lynksis wireless router) and it is back and slowing my browsing down again :mad:

Makes no sense to me at all. But that's not saying a lot considering my amount of knowledge about computers :rolleyes:

Monsignor 01-16-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR_LVR (Post 7317485)
I was on my laptop at the MD office utilizing their wireless. No FB like button. I don't ever see it on my mobile.

Now I'm back at my home office (with Lynksis wireless router) and it is back and slowing my browsing down again :mad:

Makes no sense to me at all. But that's not saying a lot considering my amount of knowledge about computers :rolleyes:

I'm going to go ahead and say that the doctor's office has placed a restriction on access to facebook, to keep employees from instagramming their lunchs or twitting their politcal views while on the clock. Because of this block in their internet system, even through the wireless, your laptop wouldn't show, or have to process, the facebook logistics.
Same exact way my laptop at work doesnt have thebutton or any loss of performance.

Steve, my suggestion to you is, if nobody in your house is on twitfacetube, then just block it the same way my uilding and that doctor's office does. It'll save your computer form having to process it.

1. Load your Browser
2. Click Tools
3. Click Internet Options
4. Click the Privacy tab
5. Under the Privacy window, Click Sites
6. Type in the site address that you want to Block and Click OK.

this only blocks on one site at a time. Parental control software will allow you to block multiple sites and categories.

BMR_LVR 01-16-2013 08:49 AM

Thanks for the tip. I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't work :(

Monsignor 01-16-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR_LVR (Post 7317565)
Thanks for the tip. I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't work :(

see if you can find some parental control software to download. I'm sure theres tons of free ones out there for the taking. It's a simple program. Or google how to block sites on your specific browser.

BMR_LVR 01-16-2013 08:57 AM

Thanks. I'll look into it. However, I don't understand why it just popped up unless the mods added it. I'd like to petition them to remove it, but I'm probably in the minority on this one so I don't plan to bother them. They have bigger things to be looking at :tsk:

Monsignor 01-16-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR_LVR (Post 7317591)
Thanks. I'll look into it. However, I don't understand why it just popped up unless the mods added it. I'd like to petition them to remove it, but I'm probably in the minority on this one so I don't plan to bother them. They have bigger things to be looking at :tsk:

I wouldn't even bother trying. And i dont think it was the mods as they are not the ones who write the forum software or programming. It is probably "performanceIX, Inc" and they just wont care that you dont have a facebook lol

ThoreauHD 01-16-2013 09:26 AM

You installed a facebook addon in your browser. I suggest not using Facebook if this has you confused. Facebook is a lemming tracker.