Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E39 (1997 - 2003) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   e39 Car Accident!!! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670354)

Mike_Junior 01-15-2013 07:35 PM

e39 Car Accident!!!

Today was just now a good day for me, got my car out of the Indy Shop by paying $500 for a new ignition switch lock cylinder and assembly and on the same day after leaving work I get into a car accident!!SUCKS!! nothing major though. just the driver side of my front M5 bumper is torn off and the car is not drivable because of damage to the tire rods a few scratches on the rear other the that my car is in tip top shape. BEST NEWS is I 'm not at fault. the guy who hit me did not yield the right away. so his insurance company is paying for the damages. Since this is my first car accident do you guys know if the insurance will cover the damages for the aftermarket front bumper or no. because I do not want to have an OEM front bumper thrown back on my car. with all the hardwork I put into getting the upgrades to my car, I wouldnt want to buy another m5 bumper. and also if there are other problems with the car that was not caused by an accident will my insurance cover it too??

Stone Roots 01-15-2013 07:53 PM

Get an estimate for OEM have them cut you a check and buy the M5. You should be a few hundred bucks ahead...

MikesE39 01-15-2013 08:42 PM

Ya when they look at your car tell them all that M stuff is OEM. then the cash will pile up. hell if i had even curb rash on my rim id say they hit that too. try to get every dollar out of them. those good for Nothing insurance companies.

FLE39 01-15-2013 08:48 PM

Be careful when the "other guys" insurance is paying. They usually try to jip you. Don't sign anything. If they want to cut you a check make sure you get a few hones estimates on your own to make sure they're giving you a check for 50/100 and then you're screwed when you have to get it fixed. I'd try to find a shop that will work their insurance and be very involved.

dumblucky 01-15-2013 08:52 PM

the adjuster will go with the vin replacemnt price, if your vin calls for a stock bumper thats what they will give you the estimate for, remember its the adjusters job to get a "good deal for thier company" they DO NOT pay for modded vehicle IMO

FLE39 01-15-2013 09:02 PM

^ exactly. However, if you have purchased aftermarket coverage they have to. Or you go through your insurance and they'll go after theirs. I know Geico allows you to buy aftermarket coverage.

dumblucky 01-15-2013 09:02 PM

right some companies will actually just cut you a check and you do what ever you want , most of the time its less than the job cost

energizedmortal 01-15-2013 09:40 PM

I know a e46 owner who negotiated where he wanted to have repair done with adjuster. He contacted the shop which made sure he got m3 front and rear bumper even though he originally had stock bumpers.

Mike_Junior 01-15-2013 09:57 PM

Is it possible they can just cut me a check for the front bumper and everything else is covered by the owners insurance??

Mike_Junior 01-15-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikesE39 (Post 7316655)
Ya when they look at your car tell them all that M stuff is OEM. then the cash will pile up. hell if i had even curb rash on my rim id say they hit that too. try to get every dollar out of them. those good for Nothing insurance companies.

good idea wont work once they look it up by VIN number

MikesE39 01-15-2013 10:23 PM

This is why i hate the sh*t out of insurance companies. they are f*ckin useless. idk what my vin says if i have an M5 bumper thats what your giving me or i would seriously kick someones ass.. hahahaha

mpower997 01-16-2013 04:58 AM

Get a few quotes and submit the highest ones to the adjuster, Then keep on their arses they will cut you a check within the work-week. Done take the money and start over.

BentValve 01-16-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energizedmortal (Post 7316786)
I know a e46 owner who negotiated where he wanted to have repair done with adjuster. He contacted the shop which made sure he got m3 front and rear bumper even though he originally had stock bumpers.

+1. Even a stock OEM bumper will come out to be more than an aftermarket M bumper.