Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Just bought a 2013 K1300S (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670366)

farbmw 01-15-2013 08:28 PM

Just bought a 2013 K1300S

Well I been riding a 2011 R1200R classic and I love it until I had to put it away for winter in November.

Do not get me wrong I love that machine since I bought it brand new since 2011, but I made a mistake and went to the Toronto motorcycle show in December of last year, they had on display a the new 2013 black on graphite K1300S and there was a big ass crowd around it and as soon as I got the last guy out of my way, I saw it and fell in love with it, and guess what, the guy that sold me my R1200R was right behind me laughing and saying "I guess we will be talking about this in the new year?" And all I could say was "We will see".

So now I just put a down-payment on one today and should be getting it in April, because every time one comes to Canada, someone gets it before I can, so I ordered one from Germany, and I will be trading in the R1200R.

So I am on my way to get this kick ass machine!:bigpimp:

KarlB 01-16-2013 05:15 AM

congrats as a previous owner of the original (05 K1200S) it is an awesome machine just saw pics of the special edition they are doing for 2013 in the MOA rag yesterday and it looks pretty good too.

K-Shady 03-29-2013 05:49 PM

Hey FarBMW - I too bought a Black K1300S arriving in April. I'm in the GTA area perhaps we will pass each other one day.

I never got to the bike show but I decided to buy one sight unseen.

BeemerMikeTX 04-14-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlB (Post 7317116)
congrats as a previous owner of the original (05 K1200S) it is an awesome machine just saw pics of the special edition they are doing for 2013 in the MOA rag yesterday and it looks pretty good too.

Karl - I'm thinking hard about buying one of the 30-year K1300S on Tuesday morning (got money down to hold it). They really look nice in person. I wish I could get past those ugly sport panniers they put on them, but no one else seems to make hard panniers that look much better or that don't stick out too far. Test rode a used 2007 K1200s and really liked it. If I get it, I'll ride it to the MotoGP this weekend.

BeemerMikeTX 04-16-2013 01:30 PM

OK, pulled the trigger today on the 30-Year K1300S. Should be here in 2-3 weeks.

BeemerMikeTX 05-19-2013 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The eagle has landed!

Grendel335 05-22-2013 10:01 AM

Brilliant choice, I just got a new '13 K1300S yesterday. My dealer only had one new one in stock so I could have any color I wanted as long as it was silver. I traded my '11 BMW F800R for it. I actually went in to my BMW Motorrad dealer for panniers for my F800R, while there I took a ride on an '09 K1300S that had 51k miles on it - I was amazed at how well the thing felt with that many miles, it felt like a new bike. After the test ride I was hooked, and I bought the new one.

Mine has the Dynamic package and the sport panniers, love the panniers as it gives quite a bit more utility to the bike and doesn't really change the way it rides as they're so light. I can fit my Shoei RF-1100 inside one of the panniers so I don't have to carry it about. Love the stability of this bike on the highway, that's something I was missing with my F800R as it had no fairing or windscreen of any kind. Love the smoothness of the K1300 engine as well, fantastic power. Stability control helps quite a bit in the rain as well.

Here's a pic of my old blue F800R (which is now for sale at Ride West in Seattle if anyone is interested), and the new bike.

http://kropp.poetshome.com/blog/file...LeMansblue.jpg

http://kropp.poetshome.com/blog/file...9264728865.jpg

BeemerMikeTX 05-24-2013 06:14 PM

Just bought a 2013 K1300S

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grendel335 (Post 7602314)
Brilliant choice, I just got a new '13 K1300S yesterday.

I've only ridden it about 230 miles and then had to go out of town for a couple of weeks, so it will be June 7 before I can continue breaking it in. I have the sport panniers on order at the dealer (the mounts are already installed). The only two (minor) complaints I have are when I am stopped my left shin hits the trailing edge of the fairing and my right shin hits the clutch housing. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but other than that the bike is great. Plus, I love the way it looks (the black one reminds me to much of a Honda Blackbird).

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Grendel335 05-24-2013 06:27 PM

I would've rather gone with a black one, but didn't want to wait for them to get one. I like the way the black bits all blend together on the black bikes, looks quite menacing. It wouldn't be too difficult to change the color, my F800R was yellow originally but I changed it to BMW Le Mans blue. More panels to paint on the K1300S, but changing the color would be doable. I'll live with the silver for awhile and see if if grows on me.

Put 110 miles on today, up to 130 now. Finding time to ride is difficult, I'd like to get to 500 miles so I can have the oil changed as I'd like to ride the bike down to San Francisco in a few weeks, don't want to ride all the way down there and back with the original oil.

I'm absolutely loving this bike though, even shifting at 7k it's blindingly quick. Can't wait to open the thing up, the shift-assist is brilliant.

Gregory Pilcher 06-19-2013 03:14 AM

Congratulation! It looks awesome.

K1300sS is BMW special 30th anniversary edition. Its big highlights, Sapphire Black metallic paint, ABS brakes, BMW's second-generation electronic suspension adjustment (ESA II), and automatic stability control (ASC) are some excellent features.

BeemerMikeTX 06-20-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory Pilcher (Post 7660300)
Congratulation! It looks awesome.

K1300sS is BMW special 30th anniversary edition. Its big highlights, Sapphire Black metallic paint, ABS brakes, BMW's second-generation electronic suspension adjustment (ESA II), and automatic stability control (ASC) are some excellent features.

Yes, the "30 Years of K-Models" is essentially a K1300S with Premium Package, plus the red, white, and black paint scheme, Akrapovic muffler, HP footpegs and foot controls, and a few carbon fiber guards.