Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Rear wiper (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670422)

the kidd 01-16-2013 06:33 AM

Rear wiper

So my rear wiper breaks off of my 2011 X5 and I'm at dealership now and they quote me 75 dollars to have it fixed. I said, "I thought it was free". They said since it is not malfunctioning you have to pay for it. WHAT A ****ING RACKET they have going here in Norwood. Last time I get my vehicle serviced here

ard 01-16-2013 08:19 AM

This is where you calmly say, "Had you simply written down "rear wiper streaking", BMWNA would have paid you for it- and I'd have given you all 5s on your survey. Yes. the wiper broke- but you cannot say if it was abuse or broke due to a material weakness. You chose the path that would result in more money for you, since BMWNA's reimbursment to the dealer is very low for this- BUT, you choice has resulted in my feeling you are not a business that I would want to revisit."

be calm, DONT PAY THEM FOR IT. Rub their noses in the fact that they chose this path for really no good reason.

If you already paid it, nevermind- you willfully bent over for them....

AutoUnion 01-16-2013 09:31 AM

Who's your dealer in Boston?

alphaod 01-16-2013 10:27 AM

Did the whole wipe arm break off or did you just break the insert?

BMW Power 01-16-2013 10:29 AM

Must be BMW Gallery, Norwood.

the kidd 01-18-2013 04:29 PM

Bingo, Power. Ard I always love your answers. I even stated to the SA that she could simply say the wiper was streaking and she would not budge after going back and forth for a bit. It was the insert that broke off, not the whole arm. Norwood has gone WAY downhill in a matter of two years. They now have a GM from Inskip in RI, so that should speak for itself if anyone has dealt with them, as I have. I have a countdown to when my "ultimate service" is up and then I will be looking for a land rover or Tahoe.

the kidd 01-18-2013 04:32 PM

I did not and have not received a survey yet, Ard. I received a phone call and explained my experience and the caller stated that a survey would be coming. Film flam operation over there now IMO

the kidd 01-18-2013 04:39 PM

I forgot to mention that they "only charged" me 35 dollars since we were in disagreement. I will now be driving into the city or out to Sudbury for my remaining service needs. Not that this is topic related, but while I was waiting for wiper rape, I noticed a 2012 M3 in their showroom with swirls all over it. That right there screams "I don't give a **** about my product".

the kidd 01-26-2013 08:06 AM

Update. Just gave a them a poor survey and received a call from GM and am getting a refund. Seems like this could have all been avoided the first time but apparently was not brought to the higher level than the SA. Glad they did the right thing in the end

BeamerandBimmer 01-26-2013 08:59 AM

It would seem it cost THEM way more money in the end. :)

janagler 01-26-2013 06:34 PM

All of the dealers in MA are horrible. There is a service advisor at Herb Chambers who is actually pretty good, his name is Jason. If he's still there and you can get to Herb, I would do that. Jason used to be at BMW Gallery and he was great there at fixing issues there. Maybe give him a try next time.

NoI4plz 01-26-2013 08:54 PM

HAHA love how they come with a refund lol!

Honestly I sometimes wonder what would I loose if BMW just reduced the cost of MSRP by just giving me the premium they roll into their current MSRP for the "no-hassle" maintenance pack on new BMWs.

alphaod 01-27-2013 07:16 AM

I'm selling a BNIB rear wiper insert for $15 shipped; since I traded in my vehicle, I no longer need it. If you're interested in a spare, I usually keep one in my car due it getting ripped off by those automated car washes.

the kidd 01-27-2013 03:38 PM

Jan agley, it seems like many people left Norwood. That is the second person in a week that I have heard about. I am by no means "in the know" here. My only other comment on this is that they would have never done anything for me unless I gave them a bad survey. It literally pays to voice concerns

the kidd 01-27-2013 03:43 PM

Nol4, you know it's not about the money. It's about the little things that come with purchasing a luxury vehicle. Those little perks (included maintenance w purchase price) are having to be fought for more and more lately. Maybe just a sign of the times. Last I checked, the economy was on the upswing.

Cdnrockies 01-27-2013 04:21 PM

How did the wiper break in the first place?

the kidd 01-29-2013 01:37 PM

CDN, I think on a freezing cold day while trying to scrape ice from car. I noticed it hanging one day sometime after that.

NoI4plz 01-29-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the kidd (Post 7341919)
Nol4, you know it's not about the money. It's about the little things that come with purchasing a luxury vehicle. Those little perks (included maintenance w purchase price) are having to be fought for more and more lately. Maybe just a sign of the times. Last I checked, the economy was on the upswing.

I get the idea, that when one invests into a luxury car, they expect a certain level of treatment. To me, that is an example of an unattainable utopia. At the end of the day, a dealership, no matter what product they have parked in their showroom is a business. They`re sole aim is to earn a profit, at any cost. That`s why I prefer as little to no interactions with dealerships, since I expect stupidity and greed to run rampant at a dealership may it be the CA, SA, F&I, GM, or person who parks new or service inventory.

Hence Im part of the minority who like the idea of no maintenance plan, just give me the premium that BMW charges in the MSRP, and I can invest it into buying an E-warranty, and doing my own preventative maintenance (no 15k oil changes or lifetime fluids for me). The reason also behind this train of thought is that, the TOS of the Free maintenance change from day to day, dealer to dealer. If the TOS was standardized, and hassle-free I would love the maintenance plan bit. But in reality, every day I read about a person who needs to prove to the SA, with documents or SBs from BMWNA, that their vehicle is entitled for an oil change, or a free wiper (those two are strong points, every time I see a BMWNA advertisement about $0 maintenance plan).

END RANT :angel:

Cdnrockies 01-30-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the kidd (Post 7341919)

Quote:

Originally Posted by the kidd (Post 7346349)
CDN, I think on a freezing cold day while trying to scrape ice from car. I noticed it hanging one day sometime after that.

You're kidding right? :slap:

YOU break the wiper arm, then bitch and moan to the dealer that it should be part of the "included" maintenance....post here to slag the dealer....and then throw a hissy fit like the dealer did something wrong. What a joke. :thumbdwn:

What you should be doing is apologize to the GM for being a princess and acknowledge that you over-reacted and were a whiny, pita.

CALLAWAY845 02-01-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdnrockies (Post 7350000)

YOU break the wiper arm, then bitch and moan to the dealer that it should be part of the "included" maintenance....post here to slag the dealer....and then throw a hissy fit like the dealer did something wrong. What a joke. :thumbdwn:

What you should be doing is apologize to the GM for being a princess and acknowledge that you over-reacted and were a whiny, pita.

Well said, Cdnrockies. I am suprised your point wasnt made earlier.

quackbury 02-01-2013 07:59 PM

FWIW the service at BMW Peabody is superb. I just did an out of warranty oil change and DEF fill there, and the bill was $120 less than my indy quoted me. (BMWCCA discount on the DEF fluid, oil and filter didn't hurt).

But I agree with CDNRockies. If you broke the wiper arm, why would you expect them to replace it for free?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using BimmerApp

SC300t 02-02-2013 01:57 PM

Definitely a WEAK design if nothing else. I broke our by pulling it off at the wrong angle. I don't blame the OP. I have no idea why they couldn't just use the standard (and sturdy) bayonnet mount they use on the front.

the kidd 02-11-2013 12:21 AM

I see your point CDN, but this is a forum to have discussions. I am not the first, and won't be the last, to "bitch" about things. If I was sure I was the one who broke it, then I wouldn't be bitching about it. I would just, as Ard says, bed over for them.

the kidd 02-11-2013 12:23 AM

FWIW, the arm was intact. It was just the rubber piece that was hanging off. Anyway, the matter is handled. Thanks to all who contributed.

E46_Ci 02-11-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdnrockies (Post 7350000)

Exactly this...