Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   I got rear ended today. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670959)

Nlkuysdf 01-19-2013 12:14 AM

I got rear ended today.
 
I just bought my car and I got rear ended today. It's a 2007 335i coupe automatic tiptronic. I'm thinking of using the money to convert the body, exhaust and interior to an m3. Does anybody have any good ideas or suggestions on where to buy or maybe where I should start. I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

CT 01-19-2013 01:25 AM

You didn't get enough money in the insurance pay-out to do that.

Seriously.

CALWATERBOY 01-19-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf (Post 7323621)
I just bought my car and I got rear ended today. It's a 2007 335i coupe automatic tiptronic. I'm thinking of using the money to convert the body, exhaust and interior to an m3. Does anybody have any good ideas or suggestions on where to buy or maybe where I should start. I would appreciate any info.

An excellent endeavor, easily accomplished with a 4 pipe rear exhaust and M badging, readily available. Plus! The side M ports can be done!!!!

Then, sure, you can dust stock M3's with chip + meth, but whattya do when a curve comes along? Compared to M3, 335i is like a hapless sky diver frantically flapping his arms attempting to fly - M3 laughs at your pathetic attempt to corner.

You must modify your suspension. LSD, M parts, coilovers. Like cream, you rise to the top. Keep us posted!

Nlkuysdf 01-19-2013 08:54 AM

Well I'm thinking at least 2000 fix bumper and trunk at the minimum. My lawyer told me 4000 from ech insurance company for pain and suffering. How much were you thinking it would cost?


Quote:

Originally Posted by CT (Post 7323663)
You didn't get enough money in the insurance pay-out to do that.

Seriously.


Leekay07 01-19-2013 08:59 AM

15k :)

Nlkuysdf 01-19-2013 09:14 AM

Can you give me a rough estimate on what parts your talking about that add up to this?

CT 01-19-2013 08:23 PM

Front bumper: $800
Rear bumper: $800
Front fenders: $450
Rear fenders: $1500, depending on which way you choose to widen it up
Skirts: $800
Hood: $1200
Paint: $3000+
Exhaust: $2500
Interior: $2000+ depending on which parts you choose to leave out.

If you've got a sedan, you'll also need new headlights and modules. So that's an extra $2000.
There's also labour to account for, so tack on an extra 20% or so as a conservative estimate on any given part.

If you do all that body work you're also going to have to invest in new wheels/tires and spacers so that your wheels aren't two inches inboard of the fenders (literally two inches - the M is wider).
Suspension: $2500
Spacers: $200
Wheels: $1600
Tires: $1000

And that's if you don't buy eBay-equivalents.

1naztyx5 01-19-2013 08:40 PM

I would just fix the car to original condition, people already respect the 335's not need to fake the funk....IMO
GL.

Nlkuysdf 01-19-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT (Post 7324936)
Front bumper: $800
Rear bumper: $800
Front fenders: $450
Rear fenders: $1500, depending on which way you choose to widen it up
Skirts: $800
Hood: $1200
Paint: $3000+
Exhaust: $2500
Interior: $2000+ depending on which parts you choose to leave out.

If you've got a sedan, you'll also need new headlights and modules. So that's an extra $2000.
There's also labour to account for, so tack on an extra 20% or so as a conservative estimate on any given part.

If you do all that body work you're also going to have to invest in new wheels/tires and spacers so that your wheels aren't two inches inboard of the fenders (literally two inches - the M is wider).
Suspension: $2500
Spacers: $200
Wheels: $1600
Tires: $1000

And that's if you don't buy eBay-equivalents.


Wiw that **** really adds up. I thanks for all the info bro.

Nlkuysdf 01-19-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1naztyx5 (Post 7324959)
I would just fix the car to original condition, people already respect the 335's not need to fake the funk....IMO
GL.


I was just trying to get a little more respect around here, but ur right.

CT 01-20-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkuysdf (Post 7324974)
Wiw that **** really adds up. I thanks for all the info bro.

Prices are estimates - you can strike up deals or junkyard hunts to save on unit cost, but the list of things required even for just the appearance half is extensive.

People really do respect the 335i - it's not a car to be taken lightly, especially if you follow CALWATERBOY's approach to modding.

twhisten 01-21-2013 08:48 AM

Dont forget about the wider rear tires as well.......
If you want your car to look like an M, why didnt you just buy one?

Nlkuysdf 01-21-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twhisten (Post 7327225)
Dont forget about the wider rear tires as well.......
If you want your car to look like an M, why didnt you just buy one?

I paid 15 for a 2007 335i coupe. I don't know think I would be able to afford an m3.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms