Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Factory warranty about to end, should I take get it inspected just in case? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671313)

jameskoo87 01-20-2013 09:14 PM

Factory warranty about to end, should I take get it inspected just in case?

Hello,

I have purchased my 328i xdrive at 45k miles 3 months ago and I'm really loving this car (it's been my dream car since I was a teenager)

Fortunately, when I purchased the car, the dealer did an inspection and CPO'ed the vehicle, including the oil change.

Even though my car will be covered with CPO, I know factory warranty is a lot more comprehensive than CPO warranty. So here I am with my 328 nearing the end of factory warranty, I'm debating whether I should take it to the indy mechanics and have it inspected.

If the indy mehcnic (that is knowledgable about BMWs) finds some parts that need replacing, I'll be able to go to the dealership and have it replaced - including some parts that may not be included under the CPO.

But since this car has just been inspected for CPO (it only took them 1 day so I don't know if this was thorough inspection), I'm not sure if taking it to the mechanics is worth the effort.

Can I hear some advice from experiend owners of E90 ?

Thanks in advance!

1zamboni 01-20-2013 09:31 PM

It wouldn't hurt if the inspection fee is reasonable.CPO have limited coverage if you can get them replace prior to warranty ended that would be great.

CALWATERBOY 01-21-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameskoo87 (Post 7326751)
Hello,

I have purchased my 328i xdrive at 45k miles 3 months ago and I'm really loving this car (it's been my dream car since I was a teenager)

Fortunately, when I purchased the car, the dealer did an inspection and CPO'ed the vehicle, including the oil change.

Even though my car will be covered with CPO, I know factory warranty is a lot more comprehensive than CPO warranty. So here I am with my 328 nearing the end of factory warranty, I'm debating whether I should take it to the indy mechanics and have it inspected.

If the indy mehcnic (that is knowledgable about BMWs) finds some parts that need replacing, I'll be able to go to the dealership and have it replaced - including some parts that may not be included under the CPO.

But since this car has just been inspected for CPO (it only took them 1 day so I don't know if this was thorough inspection), I'm not sure if taking it to the mechanics is worth the effort.

Can I hear some advice from experiend owners of E90 ?

Thanks in advance!

A thorough inspection from time to time always a good move. In your case, timely, too.