Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   6 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Upgrade base sound to premium (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671345)

mjposner 01-21-2013 04:20 AM

Upgrade base sound to premium

has anyone upgraded the base system to the Logic 7 more speaker usb plug system? I assume new amp, speakers in the rear, and cables plus programming.

I was quoted $850 locally to install the denison 500, plus 1 hour dealer programming just to add usb access.

GetMeABeer 01-21-2013 05:39 AM

Went into buy one of those Bluetooth stereo things for my iPhone 5 to play on my 6 through the radio, sounds like a POS BTW. And the dude from bestbuy was like, my advice install a new system.

I was like, it's a BMW 6 series dude, you guys can't do anything for me. He looked at me like I was crazy. Like I'm going to let some idiot from bestbuy mess with my L7, like they are going to drop in a faceplate system with an aux/ iPhone, yeah right, where?

Browsed tons of threads on people who did some nice upgrades though, hit up a search if no one has advice. Just my opinion, I think the L7 sounds pretty good, just wish I had the iPhone cable without having to sacrifice my CD changer. Quick question though, anyone know where the two subwoofers are, know the system has 13, only counting 11 in the car.

tampamark 01-21-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetMeABeer (Post 7327072)
Went into buy one of those Bluetooth stereo things for my iPhone 5 to play on my 6 through the radio, sounds like a POS BTW. And the dude from bestbuy was like, my advice install a new system.

I was like, it's a BMW 6 series dude, you guys can't do anything for me. He looked at me like I was crazy. Like I'm going to let some idiot from bestbuy mess with my L7, like they are going to drop in a faceplate system with an aux/ iPhone, yeah right, where?

Browsed tons of threads on people who did some nice upgrades though, hit up a search if no one has advice. Just my opinion, I think the L7 sounds pretty good, just wish I had the iPhone cable without having to sacrifice my CD changer. Quick question though, anyone know where the two subwoofers are, know the system has 13, only counting 11 in the car.

The subwoofers for the coupe are under the front seats.

mjposner 01-22-2013 04:53 AM

I added two 12 inch subs in the back so bass is no longer an issue. I just want to be able to control my ipod by the car radio itself. I would also like a back-up camera, pdc is only so so. But I don't want to spend $$$ for a crappy result.

GetMeABeer 01-22-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tampamark (Post 7328453)
The subwoofers for the coupe are under the front seats.

Interesting, I'll check it out later... thanks.