Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Good price for a new 2013 740Li (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671372)

ajdoha234 01-21-2013 07:45 AM

Good price for a new 2013 740Li

Im in the process of ordering a new 740Li . Packages will include the rear entertainment package and M package as well. They are giving me a qoute of (to include military DOD discount) of 64,500 USD. Is this a pretty fair deal? I havent sealed the deal yet.

I also see on this forum that alot of people are swapping out the tires for non-RFT. The rft are the only option with the M package and the dealer says that the new 2013 RFT's are much better but Im not buying it and want them swapped out once the car is delivered. I also do not like the rims on the M package. Does anyone have any experience with the 2013 run flats?
Great forum for a new buyer!
Thanks

ajdoha234 01-28-2013 02:57 AM

bump

bump

davidc1 01-28-2013 04:15 PM

Sounds like a great deal to me.

Tuesday 01-28-2013 06:00 PM

Wow...that's cheap for a new 7 series. Have fun with that thing - the new rear entertainment looks awesome.

ajdoha234 01-29-2013 12:28 AM

Thanks..I think its a pretty good deal seeing as these cars go for almost twice as much in the country i am in. I will pay a 4% import tax but the same car where I live goes for almost 120k. I just signed the delivery documents yesterday so now its just a waiting game. I did add the executive package as well to get the ventilated seats.

Tuesday 01-29-2013 11:34 AM

Congrats on the new car!

Deutsch100 01-29-2013 11:59 AM

Sounds awesome, and yes a VERY good price!!!

Popoemt 01-29-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajdoha234 (Post 7345212)
Thanks..I think its a pretty good deal seeing as these cars go for almost twice as much in the country i am in. I will pay a 4% import tax but the same car where I live goes for almost 120k. I just signed the delivery documents yesterday so now its just a waiting game. I did add the executive package as well to get the ventilated seats.

Curious... where are you ordering it from?

PREDATOR 007 01-29-2013 05:14 PM

How much more to go 750Li?

ajdoha234 01-29-2013 11:21 PM

Im ordering it from a place called pentagoncarsales in Germany. They are not really a dealer. They basically order the car from the factory and they act as the middle man for people buying that are in the military or work for Department of Defense. So you basically get the car for the same price a dealer would pay from the factory (or so I am told). BMW has probably the best deals for DOD and Military members. Jag and Audi have a program but the savings dont come close to what BMW has to offer.
So the complete breakdown.
740Li with:
rear entertainemnt package,
m sport package (which is free with the2013 models anyway)
executive package.
Glacial Silver
I plan on adding dark tint and maybe the Alpina rear spoiler. I might change out the rims and tires since so many people here are complaing about the RFT's being a harsh ride.
Price came to 71,000USD.

I did inquire about upgrading to a 750Li but the 14k extra just wasnt worth it to me. Plus, I plan on only keeping the car for 6months and probably selling it. The country I work in, marks these cars up almost 70% from MSRP, so I could actually make a pretty decent profit from this deal when I am ready to sell it. Then I will just order another one :) ..at least thats the plan, unless I fall in love with the car and dont want to part with it.

I do have a question, does anyone have a 2013 model and if so are the RFT's any better than the 2012's? The (lets call him a "dealer" for simplicity) says that the 2013 RTF's are better and I want to verify that.
Thanks

Popoemt 01-30-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajdoha234 (Post 7347526)
Im ordering it from a place called pentagoncarsales in Germany. They are not really a dealer. They basically order the car from the factory and they act as the middle man for people buying that are in the military or work for Department of Defense. So you basically get the car for the same price a dealer would pay from the factory (or so I am told). BMW has probably the best deals for DOD and Military members. Jag and Audi have a program but the savings dont come close to what BMW has to offer.
So the complete breakdown.
740Li with:
rear entertainemnt package,
m sport package (which is free with the2013 models anyway)
executive package.
Glacial Silver
I plan on adding dark tint and maybe the Alpina rear spoiler. I might change out the rims and tires since so many people here are complaing about the RFT's being a harsh ride.
Price came to 71,000USD.

I did inquire about upgrading to a 750Li but the 14k extra just wasnt worth it to me. Plus, I plan on only keeping the car for 6months and probably selling it. The country I work in, marks these cars up almost 70% from MSRP, so I could actually make a pretty decent profit from this deal when I am ready to sell it. Then I will just order another one :) ..at least thats the plan, unless I fall in love with the car and dont want to part with it.

I do have a question, does anyone have a 2013 model and if so are the RFT's any better than the 2012's? The (lets call him a "dealer" for simplicity) says that the 2013 RTF's are better and I want to verify that.
Thanks

You could have a side business of buying cars from this place and selling them at a tremendous profit anywhere you go....