Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Mileage and issues (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671483)

Rahulk 01-21-2013 04:36 PM

Mileage and issues

Hello there,

Long time reader first time poster, Wondering what repairs we all have done and what mileage we are up too.

2006 E90 325 3.0 N52

181,XXX Miles

Water Pump/ T-stat -130K miles
First valve cover and oil filter gasket too

3 of the 4 window regulators

Drivers side Door Actuator

Oil Separator and hoses

Valve cover #2 and eccentric shaft sensor

Alternator - (preventative maintenance) got a a new Valeo OEM 180 AMP for $250!

trunk lock actuator

Changed all 6 ignition coils at 150K

Ive changed the oil every 10K miles, no noticeable oil consumption

Current issues - creeking door seals, and driver side power mirror acts up

Burnham 01-21-2013 06:48 PM

06 325I
Nothing yet except oil and brakes and oh yeah the radio pixels :rolleyes: 94K

Rahulk 01-21-2013 06:53 PM

Radio pixel always been a bmw issue, they have eBay repair companies that do it for under $200 if it is a real issue, had it done before, they do a good job.

HKD 01-21-2013 10:04 PM

08 335i coupe 76k. Have done all scheduled service under warranty. Brake job was 1200 front and back the rotors cost bucks. Am told by my mechanic that water pump should be replaced around 80k. Oil changes done every 7.5k. Nothing else other than scheduled stuff And runs like new. However, I bought it used at 30k miles and with cost of maintenance and wear And tear (brakes), it is cheaper to get a new one so I ordered the last of the e92 before it goes Eco green. Test drove new f models and hated the elect steering and Eco crap. The nav is extremely annoying like it was an after thought with no more room and added at the last minute. That being said, if I had he car free of a loan I would probably have kept it.

Anyone looking for a 6mt? One of a kind Titan silver with red corral prem nav sport fire seats and hk sound.

brewder 01-22-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulk (Post 7328593)
Radio pixel always been a bmw issue, they have eBay repair companies that do it for under $200 if it is a real issue, had it done before, they do a good job.

Hey this sounds interesting! Help me understand this please...My 2007 radio screen is almost unreadable during the summer when it's warm out... All winter though it's fine.. Are you saying there is some sort of fix for this??

//Brew

HPIA4v2 01-22-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKD (Post 7328952)
08 335i coupe 76k. Have done all scheduled service under warranty. Brake job was 1200 front and back the rotors cost bucks. Am told by my mechanic that water pump should be replaced around 80k. Oil changes done every 7.5k. Nothing else other than scheduled stuff And runs like new. However, I bought it used at 30k miles and with cost of maintenance and wear And tear (brakes), it is cheaper to get a new one so I ordered the last of the e92 before it goes Eco green. Test drove new f models and hated the elect steering and Eco crap. The nav is extremely annoying like it was an after thought with no more room and added at the last minute. That being said, if I had he car free of a loan I would probably have kept it.

Anyone looking for a 6mt? One of a kind Titan silver with red corral prem nav sport fire seats and hk sound.

yeah I hated the new eco-green and steering fell of F30.

BTW, I am not sure buying new is cheaper even with maintenance, 3-yr old BMW drop half of it's original value. But if you hang on to car for a while buting new is the way to go.

Go get 335is with N54, before it's gone.

Rahulk 01-22-2013 08:52 AM

Brew -

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=37575471301

I had a similar issue with my X5 and sent it in to these guys, the turn around is about 8 days, an it is perfect... Total cost is like $195 shipping both ways, totally do-able!

Burnham 01-22-2013 06:21 PM

Hey thanks for the info on the radio. I was going to go to the steal..er dealership but this looks like a better deal. I found one on youtube 35 miles from me.:thumbup:

1Jamilks 01-22-2013 07:08 PM

'89 325IS over 450k (as in "thousand") miles! All stock, 5 speed daily driver until the timing belt broke over the holidays***55357;***56875;. Starting to leak all fluids needed to be checked weekly or so but no squeaks or rattles.
The saddest part is I have a new belt from Pelican sitting in my shop and planned to change it this month.....so it goes....not sure how to proceed. Not sure i have time to do a full rebuild and low to medium mileage used engines are pretty scarce on the Big Island, Hawaii.

pointandgo 01-22-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulk (Post 7328296)
Hello there,

Long time reader first time poster, Wondering what repairs we all have done and what mileage we are up too.

2006 E90 325 3.0 N52

181,XXX Miles

Water Pump/ T-stat -130K miles
First valve cover and oil filter gasket too

3 of the 4 window regulators

Drivers side Door Actuator

Oil Separator and hoses

Valve cover #2 and eccentric shaft sensor

Alternator - (preventative maintenance) got a a new Valeo OEM 180 AMP for $250!

trunk lock actuator

Changed all 6 ignition coils at 150K

Ive changed the oil every 10K miles, no noticeable oil consumption

Current issues - creeking door seals, and driver side power mirror acts up

"Drivers side Door Actuator" caught my attention...I believe there are MANY CONSUMER COMPLAINTS ON THE GOVERNMENT, DOT...NHTSA (safercar.gov) complaint database. This has to do with "locking mechanism?"

If so, please register this complaint with NHTSA's complaint database...as there are MANY issues related to locking failures...people getting TRAPPED in their cars. I believe this is a RECALL issue and we need MORE OWNERS TO REGISTER COMPLAINTS IN ORDER FOR NHTSA TO TAKE ACTION.

Rahulk 01-23-2013 07:28 AM

I complained, it was fun getting in and out of the passenger door, but then it starting working with the key... Changed the window reg and lock act at the same time. The new one is way better, door sounds better when you close it.