Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Which grille color looks better on X3 to you? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671560)

edbiology 01-22-2013 12:12 AM

Which grille color looks better on X3 to you?

Black or silver? Please contribute your vote on the top.

Want the Thrill 01-22-2013 07:47 AM

I think it depends on the color of the X3. Certain colors look better with silver, others with black.

X3emist 01-22-2013 02:58 PM

Ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Want the Thrill (Post 7329491)
I think it depends on the color of the X3. Certain colors look better with silver, others with black.

Depends

ErnestHouse 01-23-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Want the Thrill (Post 7329491)

Precisely. This is a useless poll.

edbiology 01-23-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse (Post 7332699)
Precisely. This is a useless poll.

you smart ass people the poll is asking generally.

ErnestHouse 01-23-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbiology (Post 7332774)
you smart ass people the poll is asking generally.

It's not smart a$$. The poll is useless.

edbiology 01-23-2013 02:07 PM

Oh if grille and paint color matching is so critically important, why does bmw put silver grille on every x3? A white color X3 owner may like silver grille better, while another white color X3 owner may like the black.

noka 01-23-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse (Post 7332891)
It's not smart a$$. The poll is useless.

I guess the OP wants the poll to tell him to use one or the other. Two photo-shopped examples would have made more sense for voting.

ErnestHouse 01-23-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbiology (Post 7332998)
Oh if grille and paint color matching is so critically important, why does bmw put silver grille on every x3? ....

It saves significant manufacturing costs to put the same color on every unit. There a number of ways the poll could have been useful as noka points out. But none were.

edbiology 01-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse (Post 7333035)
It saves significant manufacturing costs to put the same color on every unit.

Your logic is weak. If grille and paint color matching is critically important, BMW would include it in option and simply charge the buyer for the "significant manufacturing costs".

There is no absolute that certain color goes better with black/silver grille. People have different preferences.

ErnestHouse 01-23-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbiology (Post 7333091)
Your logic is weak. If grille and paint color matching is critically important, BMW would include it in option and simply charge the buyer for the "significant manufacturing costs"....

My logic is solid. Your poll is useless.

Grille color isn't critically important to some, but maybe to others. You can work a deal with you CA to get the color you want by them switching it when it comes in. Or you can buy the color you want and do it yourself. Still others remove them and paint them black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbiology (Post 7333091)
...There is no absolute that certain color goes better with black/silver grille. People have different preferences.

That would have been a way to make the poll useful. As the feedback in this thread proves, attractiveness of grille color depends on the body color at a minimum. I'd argue another factor is M-sport trim or not as well.

edbiology 01-23-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse (Post 7333119)
My logic is solid. Your poll is useless.

Grille color isn't critically important to some, but maybe to others. You can work a deal with you CA to get the color you want by them switching it when it comes in. Or you can buy the color you want and do it yourself. Still others remove them and paint them black.

That would have been a way to make the poll useful. As the feedback in this thread proves, attractiveness of grille color depends on the body color at a minimum. I'd argue another factor is M-sport trim or not as well.

It's my poll and the result is informative to me. So far 85% of the voters like silver grille, and only 15% like black, what is so hard for your to comprehend? The big difference also rules out any uncertainty.

ErnestHouse 01-23-2013 03:50 PM

It's not hard to comprehend at all. GIGO.

Runon MD1 01-23-2013 04:34 PM

Which X3 color looks best: black or white?

I'm uncertain as to the purpose of the poll. If it is curiosity, fine. If the OP has a wager on the outcome, also fine.

I frankly don't get it, but there may well be a reason for the poll. Or there may not.

It really doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't wish to participate, don't.

I almost forgot...I have a white X3, and think that black would look nice, particularly with black leather and/or wheels.

Or is that too "pimped out Escalade?"

However, my X3's interior is mojave leather, and the car has the M-Sport package. I really don't think a black grille would blend particularly well with my car's color scheme.

It probably would go well with a black, perhaps with a red, dark blue or platinum bronze exterior...I'm sure that there are other suitable combinations.

I think that it would be best if the various combinations of paint and grille colors could be configured on line.

In any and all cases, it's not life and/or death, any more than a menu is (unless you're allergic to peanuts or whatever).

Play nice. It's not worth name-calling and hypertension.

Richard

dandanio 02-02-2013 05:06 PM

There are 3 options for grilles... and I have all 3 of them. My favorite is the matte black to go with my Deep Sea Blue X3... I have the remaining two for sale... BTW. :)