Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X3 F25 (2011 - current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Love my X3 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671744)

2013BMWX3 01-22-2013 07:51 PM

Love my X3

Just some random statements from me...

I work for a BMW dealer and I got a great deal on mine, that being said, I have the 2013 X3, M Sport Package which I LOVE!!! Mine is white with black interior. I got the road hazard protection because the high profile tires and wheels aren't cheap to replace and worth the extra protection.

I have never heard a better a better audio system than the standard high def that's in mine. I use my ipod connected to the aux. and usb and it's the most incredible, sound with amazing clarity and so crisp in sound. I love it! No interference or cracklin at all between the cables and my ipod.. it sounds like i'm at a concert live.

I love love love the Sport mode. Amazing acceleration and get-up-and-go power.

One thing I wish I was getting more of, is gas mileage... I am only averaging 17.5 miles per gallon in my 2.8. I guess that's because I am city driving and a quick driver?

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts... couldn't be happier...

Kris

Roundel-NY 01-22-2013 08:02 PM

Congrats on your X3. MPG will go up after you put 1500-2000 miles on it, the drivetrain needs to 'break-in".

lbjgh 01-22-2013 10:07 PM

... And when you use sport mode less. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roundel-NY (Post 7331281)
Congrats on your X3. MPG will go up after you put 1500-2000 miles on it, the drivetrain needs to 'break-in".

edbiology 01-22-2013 10:39 PM

I was also averaging 16 something mpg on my first couple tanks. Now I am averaging 24. Highway mpg is as advertised, but local you have to drive very carefully to achieve 21 mpg. Sport mode driving gives me 14 mpg, but man isn't it such a good feeling to see cars disappearing in the rear view mirror.

How good was your deal?

2013BMWX3 01-23-2013 07:37 AM

I am leasing mine for $485 a month, msrp was $45k with road hazard protection. I didn't get nav, or premium, but I got m sport, cold weather package, convenience pkg., moonroof, and I went with leatherette simply because it's cheaper and it's still a good material. I also avoided getting satellite radio and bmw assist. I wish I did add the sat. radio... I can always add that later though...

Mine is alpine white, black leatherette, with aluminum brush. Very sharp. I also am putting on "M" decals on the back next to X3 and also one on each side as well.

Kris

Want the Thrill 01-23-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BMWX3 (Post 7332080)
I am leasing mine for $485 a month, msrp was $45k with road hazard protection. I didn't get nav, or premium, but I got m sport, cold weather package, convenience pkg., moonroof, and I went with leatherette simply because it's cheaper and it's still a good material. I also avoided getting satellite radio and bmw assist. I wish I did add the sat. radio... I can always add that later though...

Mine is alpine white, black leatherette, with aluminum brush. Very sharp. I also am putting on "M" decals on the back next to X3 and also one on each side as well.

Kris

Don't put the M logo on the outside of the X3! Everyone that knows BMW knows it is fake and hate that! Why try to make your X3 something that it's not? Love it for what it is:thumbup:

noka 01-23-2013 08:08 AM

Factory-added "M" badging is not considered "fake" but it's also not "real". I think that's tolerable, having owned several M cars in my day :).

noka 01-23-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BMWX3 (Post 7332080)

Kris

I didn't recognize "convenience pkg" but then realized it's offered on 28i (not as separate package on 35i).

Want the Thrill 01-23-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noka (Post 7332127)
Factory-added "M" badging is not considered "fake" but it's also not "real". I think that's tolerable, having owned several M cars in my day :).

I agree on factory M badging. 2013BMW X3 is talking about adding the M logo by the X3 logo on the rear of the X3 and on the outside door panels.

2013BMWX3 01-23-2013 11:08 AM

Well I have the M steering wheel, the M foot rest, the M in the inside of the front door-side.... so what's wrong with me stamping an M on it? They have it in the inside and I am just adding it on the outside. :)

noka 01-23-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BMWX3 (Post 7332501)
Well I have the M steering wheel, the M foot rest, the M in the inside of the front door-side.... so what's wrong with me stamping an M on it? They have it in the inside and I am just adding it on the outside. :)

It's your vehicle and you can certainly do what you like,... but having been on several MB and BMW boards over the years, I can tell you that you will (at some point) be ridiculed either on-line, or in person (e.g. at a gas station, etc) by people who recognize your transgression ;).

The X Men 01-23-2013 11:20 AM

Add on exterior M logo are so ghetto.

edbiology 01-23-2013 11:28 AM

http://veganlogy.com/wp-content/uplo...s-new-logo.jpg

2013BMWX3 01-23-2013 11:32 AM

Furthermore, the X5 "M" already has the "M" on the back....

edbiology 01-23-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BMWX3 (Post 7332574)

It's about the engine!

noka 01-23-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edbiology (Post 7332598)
It's about the engine!

Mostly the engine but it's also about suspension, brakes, wheels, body design and... MOJO!!:rofl:
In some communities, people who apply badges to create some illusion (of something the vehicle is clearly not), might be called "posers".

Want the Thrill 01-23-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013BMWX3 (Post 7332574)

That's because there actually is an X5M that you can buy! There is no X3M you can buy. You can get the X3 M Sport, but that is different from a true M vehicle. If you know BMW's, you know the difference!

drpie 01-23-2013 06:04 PM

We have had ours for a little over 2 weeks; it is my wife's but I have driven it quite a bit; took an ~ 250 mile trip up to Mohegan Sun in CT this past w/e and I was very impressed with the vehicle so much so that I drove it round trip wrestling it away from my wife and son !. No wind noise and very solid in what were moderate crosswinds. Getting used to the i Drive and the different ways of listening to the music on my iphone 4s; the lease on my Volvo will come due this year and I am thinking of coming over to the BMW side.

nhman 01-24-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Want the Thrill (Post 7332845)
That's because there actually is an X5M that you can buy! There is no X3M you can buy. You can get the X3 M Sport, but that is different from a true M vehicle. If you know BMW's, you know the difference!

+1

Trim pieces vs. development of powertrain, suspension and brakes plus the trim.

Sounds a bit crazy but I would like to see an X3M. I would be curious to see how well received the upcoming Audi SQ5 will be.

Yash007 01-24-2013 12:24 PM

I got my first BMW 28i X3. I got premium,Technology and cold weather package. I have 1100 miles on it and enjoying the ride. I live in NH, so cold weather package and AWD is very helpful in addition to all the great driving experience it offers. I am not concerned about how much mileage i am getting. Over a period of time it is not huge difference. So no analysis paralysis.

noka 01-24-2013 02:46 PM

Enjoy it!

cfos 01-25-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noka (Post 7332623)
Mostly the engine but it's also about suspension, brakes, wheels, body design and... MOJO!!:rofl:
In some communities, people who apply badges to create some illusion (of something the vehicle is clearly not), might be called "posers".

I see these points, but I also kinda think that about people who buy the driving shoes, driving gloves, pinky rings, boob jobs, primp up their collars, roll (peg) their jeans, ever listened to Chumbawumba, and even myself for buying a BMW -- when I'm driving my 997.2S, of course (because every Porsche owner knows, people buy BMW because they can't afford Porsche).

http://paullebowitz.com/blog/wp-cont...timpressed.jpg

Truth is, as I get older, I don't think it matters or differs any from those that feel like "stance" is something that is important and needs to be attained, "murder" out their cars with ridiculous tint, or put $1000s into modding a car that still isn't faster, better handling, (or cheaper after modding) than a GTR -- if "performance" is what these folks are after.

Personally, I couldn't even name all the currently available models of BMW, nor the ones where they build an "M" series. Also, I think BMW encourages this behavior by having all the "M" stuff ("S-line" for Audi) available. So, if 2013BMWX3 wants to add the M badge -- more power to you, hope you enjoy your car to the fullest, and don't get bogged down by "haters".

noka 01-25-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfos (Post 7338512)
I see these points, but I also kinda think that about people who buy the driving shoes, driving gloves, pinky rings, boob jobs, primp up their collars, roll (peg) their jeans, ever listened to Chumbawumba, and even myself for buying a BMW -- when I'm driving my 997.2S, of course (because every Porsche owner knows, people buy BMW because they can't afford Porsche).

Truth is, as I get older, I don't think it matters or differs any from those that feel like "stance" is something that is important and needs to be attained, "murder" out their cars with ridiculous tint, or put $1000s into modding a car that still isn't faster, better handling, (or cheaper after modding) than a GTR -- if "performance" is what these folks are after.

Personally, I couldn't even name all the currently available models of BMW, nor the ones where they build an "M" series. Also, I think BMW encourages this behavior by having all the "M" stuff ("S-line" for Audi) available. So, if 2013BMWX3 wants to add the M badge -- more power to you, hope you enjoy your car to the fullest, and don't get bogged down by "haters".

Nobody said anything about hating. I said it was his car and he could (should) do what he wants. I only pointed out that he might need some thick skin. As far as your P-car, nice. There are, of course, some BMW's that cost more than that one :) but we could play that game all day.

cfos 01-25-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noka (Post 7338584)
Nobody said anything about hating. I said it was his car and he could (should) do what he wants. I only pointed out that he might need some thick skin. As far as your P-car, nice. There are, of course, some BMW's that cost more than that one :) but we could play that game all day.

Hey, I didn't say anyone here was hating, only that, as you inferred, they would be out there.:thumbup:

I am well aware there are more expensive BMWs than my piddly carrera. Yet, I doubt there is a BMW that reaches Porsche's GT or 918 status-- which would be checkmate to the "all day game" unless you know of a $845,000 BMW. So yes, Porsche still has their own, inbred caste system. I think life is too short to really care about what obviously makes someone happy and has no impact whatsoever on my life. Party on Wayne!

noka 01-25-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfos (Post 7338678)
Hey, I didn't say anyone here was hating, only that, as you inferred, they would be out there.:thumbup:

I am well aware there are more expensive BMWs than my piddly carrera. Yet, I doubt there is a BMW that reaches Porsche's GT or 918 status-- which would be checkmate to the "all day game" unless you know of a $845,000 BMW. So yes, Porsche still has their own, inbred caste system. I think life is too short to really care about what obviously makes someone happy and has no impact whatsoever on my life. Party on Wayne!

I thought about a C4 a while back but I only have room for one car now (plus my wife's). The X3 is just more versatile for our current lifestyle,... but I never say never. ;)