Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E34 (1989 - 1995) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   My poor Baby is done in. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671778)

CarDriver 01-23-2013 05:01 AM

My poor Baby is done in.

1 Attachment(s)
Two weeks ago I replaced the steering gear box, two new tierod assemblies, two front tires and a wheel alignment. Gave it to my brother and had to rescue him and the car from Philly a week later (yesterday).

In one week, he burnt the clutch, drove it hot for god knows how long, burnt the whater pump and possibly the head gasket. It is leaking oil and other fluids from who knows where.

The car has new upper and lower control arms, tie rods, center tie rod, new sport srings, billy touring shocks, new strut mounts, racing dynamic sway bars and new hard ware for same, new fuel pump, new battery, New heater core, new blower motor, new plug wire set, distributor cap and rotor, new custom exhaust system, etc, etc, etc... How do you wreck it in one week.
:spank::spank:

snowsled7 01-23-2013 05:16 AM

Wow, that is an impressive list of carnage for just a week:yikes:

I hope the damage isn't too bad, do you have your car back now?

Buy a $500 toyota for his use. Store it behind the house if you have to:D

CarDriver 01-23-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowsled7 (Post 7331804)
Wow, that is an impressive list of carnage for just a week:yikes:

I hope the damage isn't too bad, do you have your car back now?

Buy a $500 toyota for his use. Store it behind the house if you have to:D

Yesterday I got a u-haul pick-em up truck and a car transport trailer. And got the car home from philly. It is parked safely back in Jersey. All I can do now is get him back to Georgia the same way he got here (by bus).

Bag o donuts :bustingup:bustingup:bustingup

Monsignor 01-23-2013 06:05 AM

jesus. thats impressive. at least shes back. hopefully the damage wont be too catastrophic...

BMR_LVR 01-23-2013 06:09 AM

Sorry to hear that CD.

TemporarySanity 01-23-2013 06:52 AM

That's too bad. It sounds like you have put a lot of work into it already so you should keep it. If you don't have to use it as a daily driver, then take your time and nurse her back to health.

Radian 01-23-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarDriver (Post 7331779)
How do you wreck it in one week.

Unfortunately, he didn't earn it. You gave it to him.

He had/has no concept of what it really takes to keep one of these things going. :dunno:

CarDriver 01-23-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radian (Post 7332074)
Unfortunately, he didn't earn it. You gave it to him.

He had/has no concept of what it really takes to keep one of these things going. :dunno:

It would seem that he has no concept of how to keep any car going :eek:

Monsignor 01-23-2013 08:03 AM

"Is it moving?"
"Transportation enough for me."

_Ethrty-Andy_ 01-23-2013 11:47 PM

yep two types of BMW owners, both are poor but one lot is poorer in the long term. maintenance maintenance maintenance. the only rich BMW owner is the one that sold it for a Corolla

CarDriver 01-24-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ (Post 7334140)
yep two types of BMW owners, both are poor but one lot is poorer in the long term. maintenance maintenance maintenance. the only rich BMW owner is the one that sold it for a Corolla

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MySatinDoll 01-24-2013 10:57 AM

That's beat. Give him a interesting lunch before he hits the bus. (laxative laced)
Let him know your not mad at him for what happened with the car.
But he needs to learn to appreciate other people's stuff.
Especially when something is given from the heart.
Give him a hug and handshake watch him get on the bus.
And wait.

You see I've done that ride years ago. Its very long ride.
And when faced with the "el trotts" your caught between a rock and a hard place.
I am sure once he arrives in GA he'll have a story to tell.
And you can laugh. Not because what he'll describe will be epic and hands down the funniest thing you've heard in decades.
But your also sharing a moment with your brother... teaching him a lesson and laughing at him.

luckydog 01-24-2013 11:44 AM

Only the owner knows the quality time ,labor of love, and investment we have for our cars. Every thing happens for a reason . Maybe he is destine to give you great sacrifice and help in the future.:)

SwissCheeseHead 01-24-2013 11:48 AM

Sorry to hear that man. I know a thing or two about idiot brothers. Tell him to respect other people's stuff, and that next time you may not be so generous. Tough love is the only way to teach the one's we love most lol.

CarDriver 01-25-2013 02:56 AM

Nice Update.

My Brother got the car to the indy down the street from me yesterday morning for a diagnoses. Seems to be minor. Two leaking hoses, a bad belt and small leak in the radiator. This would explain why bleeding did not work. Whater pump is OK And clutch seems OK??? My troubleshooting skills seem to diminish in ten degree weather with high winds :o(( There is a new (relatively) radiator in the trunk so all I need is a belt and hoses.

I can not explain why the car was so hard to drive up the ramp of the car dolly in philly but then... The car was ice cold. With the wind chill, the car had set over night in 2 degree weather??? I will know more once I fix the cooling system this weekend.

BMR_LVR 01-25-2013 05:29 AM

Good luck to you. I hope it turns out to be the easy stuff.

Monsignor 01-30-2013 07:09 PM

Hey man, i'm selling my sisters purple volvo if that suits him better. Body is in poor shape so you dont have to worry about him dinging it up! Safe and reliable, tons of maintenance just done....

FS Thread...

M540FELLA 01-30-2013 08:11 PM

The purple volvo is perfect for him lol.

_Ethrty-Andy_ 01-30-2013 09:10 PM

talk **** on Volvos and i will come after you

most reliable car i have ever owned was a Volvo 940 Turbo Estate. totally stock as far as i know but had a garret turbo on it, not sure if its the factory one or not, and a real sleeper. Auto tho

supertech777 01-30-2013 09:39 PM

Had all volvos from 122 , 245 glt , p1800 and our last one was the best 85 760 turbo intercooler ... So not all LOL just some

Sent from my Desire HD using Bimmer App

BMR_LVR 01-31-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ (Post 7349957)
talk **** on Volvos and i will come after you

Looks like we finally found a way to get you to the states :p

Just make sure to bring that touring beast and we will not make ourselves too hard to find ;)

Monsignor 01-31-2013 08:15 AM

see CarDriver! Get him my Volvo!!!

Turbo, leather, sunfroof, power everything. a real dime ;)

and getting him apurple car will make him appreciate what he used to have.

Andy, I'm sorry, i love a good swede-speed but this car is just a car, no enthusiasm.

CarDriver 01-31-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsignor (Post 7350571)
see CarDriver! Get him my Volvo!!!

Turbo, leather, sunfroof, power everything. a real dime ;)

and getting him apurple car will make him appreciate what he used to have.

Andy, I'm sorry, i love a good swede-speed but this car is just a car, no enthusiasm.

Toofunny...

The car he has that is no good any more is a Volvo 960 :rofl:
It needs a head gasket. There is an automechanic school 1 mile from his home in GA that will do it for free, he just needs to supply the parts.

S406 01-31-2013 10:01 AM

Damn, One major reason I let no one drive my cars..I have owned my Audi for almost 5 years and nobody has ever sat in the drivers seat but me. If something goes wrong I want to be the one responsible for it. I would hate to give my gf the boot for hitting my bumper on a curb or something. I found out a long time ago most people will take advantage of generosity and being the nice guy always cost more money than the returned karma. I hope you get her rolling like she was meant to be....Good luck

CarDriver 02-01-2013 11:16 AM

OK,

So my brother is going back to GA via bus instead of E34. I will be keeping the car and restoring it. I am going to try a bleed trick of mine and let you guys no if it worked on this.

And NO... I will not say what it is untill after I try it LOL...