Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E36 (1991 - 1999) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The Bimmerfest East is Better Roll Call Thread (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672190)

dc_wright 01-24-2013 06:39 PM

The Bimmerfest East is Better Roll Call Thread
 
Early signup has begun!

1. DC Wright - Registered!

Coochie_Bandit 01-24-2013 06:46 PM

2. Cooch

jonesin 01-24-2013 07:33 PM

1. DC Wright - Registered!
2. Cooch
3. Some Canadian ****.

E36 Phantom 01-24-2013 07:38 PM

Oh boy, the east coast is already getting it's inferiority complex in high gear.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using BimmerApp

drivinfaster 01-24-2013 07:38 PM

uh, ed...'moose' needs an extra '*' in there...:nono:

count me in. :thumbup:




df

miles_trail 01-24-2013 07:41 PM

Not this year, unless any one has an idea for how to petition Jon to move it back to August where it belongs.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

jonesin 01-24-2013 07:49 PM

Dammit Chip, you already got told those kids are going on a field trip that weekend.

SCJon 01-24-2013 08:15 PM

I'm in.

jonesin 01-24-2013 08:20 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/9pw6ew.png

Just print off as many copies of this as you need.

drive by72 01-24-2013 09:03 PM

You folks are gonna call me a liar, but, my goal is to make it to this fest, if not the west coast. yes chad, this means I'm choosing the stinky yanks over you, if need be...:p

Eight Thirty 01-24-2013 10:41 PM

east coast.



booking a room this weekend.


forever alone.

jayjaya29 01-25-2013 12:27 AM

I'll book with you Franklyn.

Shigeta 01-25-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayjaya29 (Post 7336676)
I'll book with you Franklyn.

I'm sure you will :yummy::AF330i::freakdanc

dc_wright 01-25-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E36 Phantom (Post 7336296)
Oh boy, the east coast is already getting it's superiority complex in high gear.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using BimmerApp

Fixed!

SCJon 01-25-2013 04:22 AM

Registered, any hotel recommendations? Ones to avoid or stay at?

dc_wright 01-25-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCJon (Post 7336773)
Registered, any hotel recommendations? Ones to avoid or stay at?

There's a cluster of hotels right across the highway from the Stadium

For past BFE's people have stayed at:

- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Red Roof Inn
- Days Inn (Word is to avoid the Days Inn)

Unknowns (No one from E36 forum stayed at or reported on)

- Clarion Inn
- Travelodge
- La Quinta
- Marriott Courtyard at Ripken Stadium ($$$, books up early)
- Residence Inn at Ripken Stadium ($$, Just opened)

SCJon 01-25-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_wright (Post 7336783)
There's a cluster of hotels right across the highway from the Stadium

For past BFE's people have stayed at:

- Holiday Inn Express
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Red Roof Inn
- Days Inn (Word is to avoid the Days Inn)

Unknowns (No one from E36 forum stayed at or reported on)

- Clarion Inn
- Travelodge
- La Quinta
- Marriott Courtyard at Ripken Stadium ($$$, books up early)
- Residence Inn at Ripken Stadium ($$, Just opened)

Thanks! Going to try to book something by March I think. You driving up 95? If so maybe I'll join your convoy when you pass me if that's alright.

miles_trail 01-25-2013 06:30 AM

The Red Roof has the slowest internet. In the first world, it's terribad.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

miles_trail 01-25-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesin (Post 7336436)
http://i49.tinypic.com/9pw6ew.png

Just print off as many copies of this as you need.

Ha ha, that might just work, I appreciate it :thumb:.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

SCJon 01-25-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miles_trail (Post 7336927)
The Red Roof has the slowest internet. In the first world, it's terribad.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

Is that where Dino stayed? Just saying that might be the cause... :rofl:

dc_wright 01-25-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCJon (Post 7336834)
Thanks! Going to try to book something by March I think. You driving up 95? If so maybe I'll join your convoy when you pass me if that's alright.

Last year I drove up and took the auto train back. I'll probably do the same this year. I left Thursday morning and stopped in Dunn, NC overnight. I'll probably do something similar again. Somewhere in that stretch might be a good rendezvous point to form a caravan into Aberdeen on Friday......

SCJon 01-25-2013 07:18 AM

Sounds like a plan. Aberdeen is 10 hours from Charleston, Dunn is almost halfway. Plus it's my dads hometown so I know it well. I can leave at the crack of dawn Friday and see you guys around there.

cj.surr 01-25-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCJon (Post 7336941)
Is that where Dino stayed? Just saying that might be the cause... :rofl:

LOL that is where Dino and I stayed. Red roof was cheap and good enough.

Also, count me in for this, obviously.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Bimmer App

drivinfaster 01-25-2013 08:19 PM

so now i guess i will hafta make another not-so-stealth-taco thread, since it apparently has become an epic and necessary part of teh bimmerfest east.

although i believe that i will try to get down the night before so that perchance the regular crowd could partake before we get wolfpacked at the fest.

ed, if you would be so kind as to get the salsa again, that would be awesome. i think that maybe 2 jars like last year will actually be just about right.

i'll need 2 onions, some cilantro, avacados (2 or 3??), a few tomatos (might be a bit early for the proper joisey 'maters, but i will see what i can do)

i will look into what all will be needed, and, just in case chip isn't able to come, i will have spoons. lots of 'em. :thumbup:


sooooo looking forward to this.




df

jonesin 01-25-2013 08:20 PM

df, I recently came across a great little recipe. Homemade tortillas! I'ma thinking I may just be bringing a few dozen along this year :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms