Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   New rear deck subs. (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672202)

Espresso 01-24-2013 08:37 PM

New rear deck subs.
 
Granted I have to cut the plastic up to make them fit. Considering the cost I can live with that. The two outers fit with no trouble the inners do not fit because the plastic is way to shallow by 1/4". Should have some pics of them installed tomorrow.

With only the two it make one hell of a difference. Now I just need the AUX/Ipod integration kit.

The new speakers look a lot bigger, but they are the same size. Camera trickery because the new ones are taller.

http://media9.dropshots.com/photos/8...4/b_221709.jpg

http://media9.dropshots.com/photos/8...4/b_221655.jpg

BMWFatherFigure 01-28-2013 12:15 AM

Try making 'fit rings' out of MDF. Cheap and easy to work.

JasonSC540ia 01-28-2013 01:50 AM

I built the area up with dyno mat on mine:dunno:

Espresso 01-28-2013 08:04 AM

I cannot build up the mounting surface. The covers will not fit back on. The frames/baskets are a bit thicker on top plus they have good excursion.

speedkingrc 01-28-2013 09:53 PM

try getting some from partsexpress man they are 5 1/4's. plus the speakers they used then are home speakers they are 8 ohms so if u got a factory amp you will kill it using 4 ohm speakers

Espresso 01-29-2013 05:12 PM

should have specified. They are 6 ohm 60W rms. not 4 or 8 ohm

speedkingrc 01-29-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espresso (Post 7346691)
should have specified. They are 6 ohm 60W rms. not 4 or 8 ohm

they shld say 8 ohms... from what i read in these models they had 8 ohm speakers in the rear deck... and from i read if you have a factory amp they are not made to work with a smaller load then 6 or 8... so if your getting a replacement try 8 ohms man. or try bsw. they sale kits. or just ask them they will tell you more on that man..

Espresso 01-30-2013 07:08 AM

Well 6.4 were pulled out so 6.2 went in.

Doesn't matter much though because once I get all the small stuff fixed to my liking I will be installing a few subs I the trunk.

I only paid $45 for all four.

speedkingrc 01-30-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espresso (Post 7347832)
Well 6.4 were pulled out so 6.2 went in.

Doesn't matter much though because once I get all the small stuff fixed to my liking I will be installing a few subs I the trunk.

I only paid $45 for all four.

ok then y worrie about that if you putting sub n trunk? idk maybe its just me. are you gonna use them as mids

Espresso 01-30-2013 06:36 PM

I cannot do the subs until after my shoulder surgery, fix a PS leak, sunroof rear drain & the headliner. THEN about that time my daughter will be born. So in June or so I will worry about low end. I already have the amps, etc. Just cannot lift it all. When & if I feel up to it, I will do it.

I also still have my Suburban project to finish.

Right now I have the rear deck plastic sitting on my dining room table. This stuff is easy for me I just have a hard time right now due to a severely degraded left shoulder, but my son helps me most of the time. Putting in the deck subs just because I want to. Considering I had to take the old ones out because they sounded absolutely horrible(have to remove the plastic to disconnect the harness at the back). Having to reglue the fabric, c-pillars, headliner etc it is only an extra hour to cut plastic. I have nothing but time right now. Better get it all done before the baby is born ;)

Obviously not earth shattering, but anything is better then speakers just making noise because they are blown & cannot move.
http://media11.dropshots.com/photos/...0/b_202550.jpg

speedkingrc 01-31-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espresso (Post 7349418)
I cannot do the subs until after my shoulder surgery, fix a PS leak, sunroof rear drain & the headliner. THEN about that time my daughter will be born. So in June or so I will worry about low end. I already have the amps, etc. Just cannot lift it all. When & if I feel up to it, I will do it.

I also still have my Suburban project to finish.

Right now I have the rear deck plastic sitting on my dining room table. This stuff is easy for me I just have a hard time right now due to a severely degraded left shoulder, but my son helps me most of the time. Putting in the deck subs just because I want to. Considering I had to take the old ones out because they sounded absolutely horrible(have to remove the plastic to disconnect the harness at the back). Having to reglue the fabric, c-pillars, headliner etc it is only an extra hour to cut plastic. I have nothing but time right now. Better get it all done before the baby is born ;)

Obviously not earth shattering, but anything is better then speakers just making noise because they are blown & cannot move.
http://media11.dropshots.com/photos/...0/b_202550.jpg

nice man keep the good work up... if i stayed closer i wld help.. i own my own car audio business so its nothing for us :thumbup:

Cosmopat 02-03-2013 08:05 AM

Where did you buy the new ones, at 45$ for 4 I'd like to do mine. I don't want an earth shattering experience and would like to keep my trunk uncluttered. Thanks

Espresso 02-03-2013 02:43 PM

I got them here locally. Not sure where they would be in the USA. The company is based out of Miami, Fl though.
Here are the ones I got. But mind you they are DEEPER than the originals so the plastic bottom needs to be cut out. I have a video of them in the car I am trying to upload. Youtube is being troublesome right now.

http://www.miyakocatalog.com/cat/pro...roducts_id=649


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms