Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   X5 E70 (2007 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   would 2012 LED head lamp fit into my 2009 model? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672414)

Sir Daniel 01-25-2013 08:52 PM

would 2012 LED head lamp fit into my 2009 model?
 
hi does anyone know if the newer model LED lamp would replace the yellow angeleye on my 2009 E70? Thanks~

tribecaX5 01-26-2013 07:28 AM

They should fit. You may have to purchase extra adapter harnesses/plugs. After you retrofit, you have to recode in order remove the bulb out message. When I had a 2009, I retrofitted the tail lights with LCI tails (purchased at getbmwparts). Looked great. Took it to BMW and they removed the bulb warning for about $125. You could find people who can do the coding for a lot cheaper.

NoI4plz 01-26-2013 08:59 PM

^ cant believe a dealer decided to remove a bulb warning. Usually they dont code, since they might become liable for unforeseen circumstances.

NoI4plz 01-26-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Daniel (Post 7338961)
hi does anyone know if the newer model LED lamp would replace the yellow angeleye on my 2009 E70? Thanks~

It should fit, but would require mods and coding afterwards (someone already mentioned it).

Are you scoring the entire unit for cheap, caz that would it make it worthwhile, since the best on the market (LUX angel eyes) are close to $200.

NOTE:

If your thinking of removing bulbs, that would not work, entire headlamp assembly would most likely work.

tribecaX5 01-26-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoI4plz (Post 7340541)
^ cant believe a dealer decided to remove a bulb warning. Usually they dont code, since they might become liable for unforeseen circumstances.

What liability? Go to every single dealer and they will remove the "bulb out" warning if you upgrade to LCI.
Let me explain, which I am sure you already know - when you upgrade from, let's say, halogen to LED, the bulb warning will come up because LED's draw a lot less power than halogens or regular bulbs. Therefore, the computer thinks the bulb is out when it is not. How could a dealer be "liable for unforeseen circumstances"? It makes absolutely no sense.

NoI4plz 01-26-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribecaX5 (Post 7340567)
What liability? Go to every single dealer and they will remove the "bulb out" warning if you upgrade to LCI.
Let me explain, which I am sure you already know - when you upgrade from, let's say, halogen to LED, the bulb warning will come up because LED's draw a lot less power than halogens or regular bulbs. Therefore, the computer thinks the bulb is out when it is not. How could a dealer be "liable for unforeseen circumstances"? It makes absolutely no sense.

I honestly dont get the liability part either, as the headlight assemblies, are DOT approved, BMW designed parts, but thats the SA official policy on that lol and im ok with that. But im guessing the ok part stems with that fact I like coding, especially with the amount of info available here and on bmw coding soo...:bigpimp:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms