Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   F10 / F11 (2011 - Current) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   My New 2013 Carbon Black 535d M-Sport (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672742)

bmwombat 01-27-2013 05:13 PM

My New 2013 Carbon Black 535d M-Sport
 
Yippee!!!

I take delivery this coming Friday 1 Feb 13. After a looooooong 5 month wait I can't believe it's almost in my hot little hands. Sooooooo looking forward to driving it. Already have several long distance trips planned over the coming months. More to come after delivery...

d geek 01-27-2013 05:50 PM

Congrats! Please share some pics.

bmwombat 01-27-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d geek (Post 7342128)
Congrats! Please share some pics.

Will do as soon as I take delivery. :thumbup:

jjd 01-29-2013 04:08 AM

Whereabouts in Oz are you? I am considering the same car in SYD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwombat (Post 7342066)
Yippee!!!

I take delivery this coming Friday 1 Feb 13. After a looooooong 5 month wait I can't believe it's almost in my hot little hands. Sooooooo looking forward to driving it. Already have several long distance trips planned over the coming months. More to come after delivery...


bmwombat 01-29-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjd (Post 7345290)
Whereabouts in Oz are you? I am considering the same car in SYD.

Am in Sydney. This is my 2nd car from Northshore BMW. They are very friendly & are prepared to do a reasonable deal. Ask for Charles Barron (he's the GM & a really nice guy).

sean86 01-29-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwombat (Post 7346397)
Am in Sydney. This is my 2nd car from Northshore BMW. They are very friendly & are prepared to do a reasonable deal. Ask for Charles Barron (he's the GM & a really nice guy).

Did you order your car to your specification ?? I have a cousin in sydney who told me that BMW don't allow ordering the car to your specification ? Its more that you pick up from the cars on the lot or dealer trades ?

bmwombat 01-29-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean86 (Post 7347056)
Did you order your car to your specification ?? I have a cousin in sydney who told me that BMW don't allow ordering the car to your specification ? Its more that you pick up from the cars on the lot or dealer trades ?

No way...I knew what I wanted & also knew that they wouldn't have it on any BMW showroom floor anywhere in OZ so I ordered it to my spec...I even changed the spec 5-6 times after I signed the original deal; you can do that right up till just before they actually build it.

Naturally a BMW dealer will try to sell you firstly something that's on their floor & secondly something on the floor (or on a ship on its way to OZ) somewhere else in OZ but you just have to hold your line & say "No...this is what I want". I even had one dealer say to me that he had a slot in their October build for a 5 series & that he could amend it to my spec if I took their deal then & there. I would have had my car 2 months ago if I did that but it would also have cost me something like AUD20,000 more if I had agreed & I knew there were better deals if I was prepared to wait a bit & bargain ruthlessly.

LLR59 01-29-2013 07:14 PM

We ordered a champagne quartz metallic & it will be April before it gets here. I can't stand the wait!

sean86 01-29-2013 08:06 PM

$20000 more?? Thats seems insane Seriously how much did the car cost you ??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

bmwombat 01-29-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean86 (Post 7347213)
$20000 more?? Thats seems insane Seriously how much did the car cost you ??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

AUD137K. We get the BMW "charge the bastards all the market will bear" markup down here.:cry::cry::cry:

grwilson 01-29-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwombat (Post 7347240)
AUD137K. We get the BMW "charge the bastards all the market will bear" markup down here.:cry::cry::cry:

Checked on the price of 550 when I was there last November - truly frightening at AUD175k, and the exchange rate is over 1:1

I think there is still a heavy luxury car tax

bmwombat 01-29-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grwilson (Post 7347310)
Checked on the price of 550 when I was there last November - truly frightening at AUD175k, and the exchange rate is over 1:1

I think there is still a heavy luxury car tax

Yes the LCT is 30% I think, although it kicks in at a higher value for my car because of its good fuel economy. Then we also have GST (10%) & Stamp Duty (5%) - all up there's approx. AUD29K of federal & state taxes in my car's price. Still, it could have been much worse if I had had to pay the full retail price for what this car + options + dealer after-market addons actually cost.

sean86 01-29-2013 09:25 PM

You can probaby get a year old rolls royce ghost for that price.

175k:confused: Thats some crazy **** man

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

bmwombat 01-29-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean86 (Post 7347378)
You can probaby get a year old rolls royce ghost for that price.

175k:confused: Thats some crazy **** man

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

It's even worse when I recently priced a new fully optioned M5 on the BMW USA website & got a figure just over USD110K or so. The same car here in OZ costs full price of AUD250K on the road + USA gets a 4 year warranty while we only get a 3 year warranty. I'm so p***ed off about that pricing disparity...it's ridiculous! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

BMW_F1 01-29-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwombat (Post 7347430)
It's even worse when I recently priced a new fully optioned M5 on the BMW USA website & got a figure just over USD110K or so. The same car here in OZ costs full price of AUD250K on the road + USA gets a 4 year warranty while we only get a 3 year warranty. I'm so p***ed off about that pricing disparity...it's ridiculous! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Not that it makes things massively different, those prices are without sales tax. U.S. sales tax varies by locale but it is usually around 8-10%.

grwilson 01-30-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwombat (Post 7347359)
Yes the LCT is 30% I think, although it kicks in at a higher value for my car because of its good fuel economy. Then we also have GST (10%) & Stamp Duty (5%) - all up there's approx. AUD29K of federal & state taxes in my car's price. Still, it could have been much worse if I had had to pay the full retail price for what this car + options + dealer after-market addons actually cost.

Not even California can match those taxes

Its more than 10 years since we moved, so I thought the difference would have reduced with the exchange rate, really didn't expect to find the 550 would be around 3x the ED price I paid on mine

MoldCAD 01-30-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwombat (Post 7347240)
AUD137K. We get the BMW "charge the bastards all the market will bear" markup down here.:cry::cry::cry:

Oh my... and I thought everything is most expensive in the EU (including my country, where the average income is one of the lowest).

I did dream about the 535d, but we have this 20% import tax on anything with an engine larger than 2 liters, so I had to settle down with my 528xi. BTW, even with the tax mentioned, a 535d would cost me much less than yours.

Enjoy your car!

bmwombat 01-31-2013 07:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, went into the dealer today to take delivery; the car was all under wraps waiting for me & the GM welcomed me but then told me that he'd just discovered that the pre-delivery people had stuffed up & the tinting hadn't been done! :dunno::thumbdwn: Jeez I get the s**ts with people who can't do their bloody jobs properly. Anyway we went thru all the delivery paperwork & ran thru all the cars' features (God...the 6WB dash is even more stunning in real-life than the pix I've seen; the pix don't do it justice! It's so clear & colourful! Jam packed with info). The car is superb (some pix below); can't wait to get it on the road but I refused delivery until it was perfect, so now (final) delivery will be late next week after the tinting's done. :cry:

K-A 02-02-2013 05:17 AM

Congrats! What do you mean by "6WB Dash", btw? Do you mean the "Black Panel Display" feature?

bmwombat 02-02-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 7354532)
Congrats! What do you mean by "6WB Dash", btw? Do you mean the "Black Panel Display" feature?

Exactly. 6WB is the BMW option code for the new MFID or black panel display. I'll provide some pix & a report on it once I finally get the car next Thursday & get to play with it. :)

Decboy 02-02-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-A (Post 7354532)
Congrats! What do you mean by "6WB Dash", btw? Do you mean the "Black Panel Display" feature?

6WB is the digital speedometer which is not yet available in the U.S. Maybe for the LCI we'll get it. If you look at one of bmwombat's interior shots, you can see the dials on the speedometer is all digital sort of like the current S Class. I also noticed folks outside of the U.S. get the side bolster adjustment for the multi-contour seats making it a 20 way power seat. U.S. folks get the 18 way multi-contour seats, M5 included. U.S. folks luck out on some of these options.

bmwombat 02-07-2013 01:37 AM

YES!!!!!! Picked it up today - looks very speccy now the tinting is done. Drove like a dream on the way home. Can't believe how well it corners....the IAS is like the car's on rails & I haven't yet engaged any of the dynamic drive options. Will post more pix soon.

DieselNY 02-08-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwombat (Post 7365098)
YES!!!!!! Picked it up today - looks very speccy now the tinting is done. Drove like a dream on the way home. Can't believe how well it corners....the IAS is like the car's on rails & I haven't yet engaged any of the dynamic drive options. Will post more pix soon.

pics please :)

Elmanzah 02-08-2013 10:19 AM

Exciting to read about the IAS..

mryakanisachoad 02-08-2013 11:26 AM

Good things come to those who wait and boy oh boy did they make you wait! :)

2 weeks for window tints? How??
.
.
.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms