Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Brand new 335i totaled - Need suggestions on replacement: (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673167)

Wavechaser 01-29-2013 03:51 PM

Brand new 335i totaled - Need suggestions on replacement:

I got a killer deal on a 2012 BMW 335i 2 door coupe with the Sport Package and Navigation. Unfortunately a few days ago some asshole decided to drive too fast in the rain, lost control of his car and slammed into me, totaling my car I've had for 1 month... His insurance is covering the cost of the car, but now I'm out a car, and I need to try and find another.

Can you guys suggest a place to find a *New* 2012 (not 2013) 335i with a sport package, navigation, black leather interior for 44k? Exterior colors I will settle for are White, Silver, or Gray.

Everywhere I look I can only find 2013's, and they are way more expensive than what I paid for mine... Autofinder/Autotrader/Cars.com have all yielded no results.

hondo402000 01-29-2013 04:44 PM

search car max, the whole country, and if you find one get it shipped to your nearest store, and make his insurance company pay for the transfer fee, and dont settle with them till you find a car, and also make sure you dont release them from any personal injuries either, they will try to get you to take a check quickly, remember they work for him and will act like your best friend until you cash their check, hope you were not hurt!

hondo402000 01-29-2013 04:46 PM

and also they are responsible to pay for a rental car for you for a reasonable time, like a couple of weeks at the least, they wont offer you have to tell them to pay for it

Hondo

Wavechaser 01-29-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondo402000 (Post 7346780)
search car max, the whole country, and if you find one get it shipped to your nearest store, and make his insurance company pay for the transfer fee, and dont settle with them till you find a car, and also make sure you dont release them from any personal injuries either, they will try to get you to take a check quickly, remember they work for him and will act like your best friend until you cash their check, hope you were not hurt!

Thanks ill do that tonight and see what I can find.

I'm definitely not signing anything until I get the "okay" from my lawyer. I have some minor shoulder and neck pain from the collision and am making sure to track all my medical and rental expenses. Also since I'm in law enforcement I had to miss work for a few days because they didn't want me out on the road when I'm not 100% so I have to try and recoup those costs as well...

Wavechaser 01-29-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondo402000 (Post 7346788)
and also they are responsible to pay for a rental car for you for a reasonable time, like a couple of weeks at the least, they wont offer you have to tell them to pay for it

Hondo

Yeah they basically told me I have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed once blame is assigned (police report clears me of any wrong doing so I'm okay there). Just have to wait for the insurance companies get everything figured out...

sptt144 01-29-2013 10:04 PM

That is not right! You are in law enforcement and they want you to pay up front? Wow! I'm not saying you should be treated any differently but geez...you're the cop on the scene!

ptrcd003 01-30-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sptt144 (Post 7347440)
That is not right! You are in law enforcement and they want you to pay up front? Wow! I'm not saying you should be treated any differently but geez...you're the cop on the scene!

What difference should it make if he is a cop or not? :dunno:

Dork Knight 01-30-2013 03:01 AM

I checked several sites and found matches for most of your criteria but not all. Check Casey BMW of Newport News and also car gurus.com. I found close matches with both of those sites (probably 6 or 8 cars), but like I said, not perfect matches.

What's your preference if you had to rank order the criteria: $44k, coupe, white, black interior, nav, sport, etc...Finding a used to match all your criteria may be really difficult. Any room to compromise?

SuperTerp 01-30-2013 06:57 AM

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

I found plenty in the 50s range I bet you could talk them down on to get rid of. But thats a 44k navi, silver, black 14 miles...

Wavechaser 01-30-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sptt144 (Post 7347440)

Yeah just because I'm a cop doesnt mean I'll always be completely unbiased :)

Another officer came to the scene and took the report, so it's all good. It'll just take a bit longer for the insurance companies to assign fault since they now want to wait for the report to be released.

Wavechaser 01-30-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dork Knight (Post 7347623)
I checked several sites and found matches for most of your criteria but not all. Check Casey BMW of Newport News and also car gurus.com. I found close matches with both of those sites (probably 6 or 8 cars), but like I said, not perfect matches.

What's your preference if you had to rank order the criteria: $44k, coupe, white, black interior, nav, sport, etc...Finding a used to match all your criteria may be really difficult. Any room to compromise?

I appreciate you checking that out. I'd say my preference is first off it has to have the same features: navi and sport a must. The colors can be up for debate, but I'm not a fan of white interior.

Wavechaser 01-30-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTerp (Post 7347923)
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

I found plenty in the 50s range I bet you could talk them down on to get rid of. But thats a 44k navi, silver, black 14 miles...

Thanks Super, it's nice but the wheels look different and it does t appear to have the sport package... The more I search the more I realize what a killer deal I got in mine...

SuperTerp 01-30-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavechaser (Post 7348322)
Thanks Super, it's nice but the wheels look different and it does t appear to have the sport package... The more I search the more I realize what a killer deal I got in mine...

I'd just call up a few (cars.com has like 200) and just throw around some #'s and I'm guessing you might get another killer deal cause they want those e90s gone.

irianjim 01-30-2013 04:08 PM

Also try a search on www.autotrader.com. I did a search and found 37 new 2012 335i coupes with navigation. (There is not a filter for sport). Anyway, you can do a search based on distance from your zip cose and look at the available options. Good luck.

Salvator 01-30-2013 06:20 PM

Www.bmwusa.com ... Look for a low mileage 2012 CPO anywhere in the country... Fly out, road trip back! :thumbup:

Firebirdof06 01-30-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavechaser (Post 7346649)
I got a killer deal on a 2012 BMW 335i 2 door coupe with the Sport Package and Navigation. Unfortunately a few days ago some asshole decided to drive too fast in the rain, lost control of his car and slammed into me, totaling my car I've had for 1 month... His insurance is covering the cost of the car, but now I'm out a car, and I need to try and find another.

Can you guys suggest a place to find a *New* 2012 (not 2013) 335i with a sport package, navigation, black leather interior for 44k? Exterior colors I will settle for are White, Silver, or Gray.

Everywhere I look I can only find 2013's, and they are way more expensive than what I paid for mine... Autofinder/Autotrader/Cars.com have all yielded no results.

Sales tax must be a killer :(

You're funding the gov't solo! I'd imagine the insurance won't recoup the sales tax?

Wavechaser 01-30-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irianjim (Post 7349223)
Also try a search on www.autotrader.com. I did a search and found 37 new 2012 335i coupes with navigation. (There is not a filter for sport). Anyway, you can do a search based on distance from your zip cose and look at the available options. Good luck.

Thanks I will definitely check that out!

Wavechaser 01-30-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvator (Post 7349524)
Www.bmwusa.com ... Look for a low mileage 2012 CPO anywhere in the country... Fly out, road trip back! :thumbup:

Haha, yeah it might come down to that. I loved my 335i so much I wouldn't mind a long road trip anyways.

Wavechaser 01-30-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebirdof06 (Post 7349629)

You're funding the gov't solo! I'd imagine the insurance won't recoup the sales tax?

I'm going to have to fight for it, which is why I have looped my attorney into this whole debacle. They need to cover my sales tax, as well as the loan fee's associated with my original loan. Either that or just replace my car completely and leave everything else the same.

tturedraider 01-30-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebirdof06 (Post 7349629)

Insurance covers sales tax.

OP, BMW has some pretty big dealer incentives on 2013 E92s right now. You might be surprised at the deal you might make. Several recent deals posted on Bimmerfest in the neighborhood of $10,000 or more off MSRP.

lqaddict 01-30-2013 11:20 PM

Sucks it happened to you, OP. I am going through an accident repair ordeal for almost a month now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tturedraider (Post 7350021)
Insurance covers sales tax.

OP, BMW has some pretty big dealer incentives on 2013 E92s right now. You might be surprised at the deal you might make. Several recent deals posted on Bimmerfest in the neighborhood of $10,000 or more off MSRP.

+1 I would start contacting the board sponsors ASAP

Good luck!

angler 01-31-2013 12:20 AM

Check out 2013, lots of rebates and incentives for the e92 since they are going out of production. You will be surprised.....

ddeliber 01-31-2013 04:00 AM

I think you will be surprised with what you find out just by calling like others are saying. Many if not most dealers simply list MSRP or just under, but for a 2012 (or even a 2013) e92 you'll be able to get them down quite easily. However, personally I thought that the law was replacement if under 2 years old or something like that, it really shouldn't matter what you paid for it, at least that is the what i've heard from a similar situation here in MA. Good luck.

Zeaken 01-31-2013 08:43 AM

Check your policy forms. Some companies now offer new car replacement where if you buy a car new and its gets totaled they will replace it with a current new car. some companies have this on cars up to three years old.

furby076 01-31-2013 09:48 AM

You bought new and now gotta buy used for a 1 month old car? Id fight that.

Sent from my DROID4 using Bimmer App