Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Moon Roof Delet/Gray interior?? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673598)

Chop362 01-31-2013 03:12 PM

Moon Roof Delet/Gray interior??
 
Anyone ever do either?? Ordered "is" today in LMB with black interior but still have till tomorrow to tweak if I feel the need.

xxE92 01-31-2013 06:12 PM

I have a E92 with a all black interior and I can tell you it is as dark as a cave when the sunroof floating headliner is closed shut. The natural light makes it a much nicer place to be.
Get the sunroof.

Chop362 01-31-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxE92 (Post 7351753)
I have a E92 with a all black interior and I can tell you it is as dark as a cave when the sunroof floating headliner is closed shut. The natural light makes it a much nicer place to be.
Get the sunroof.

I live in the next door cave and gotta agree..Maybe a flashlight??

alpinweiss 01-31-2013 07:54 PM

All of my BMW's are moonroof delete. I am tall and need the extra headroom (almost 2" more than an identical car with a moonroof). A moonroof also increases weight and complexity. It adds the opportunity for squeaks, rattles, water leaks, and wind noise, as the car ages.

I personally prefer the interior in a lighter color. Black interiors seem a bit claustrophobic, IMO.

:drive:

bear-avhistory 01-31-2013 08:06 PM

Get the moonroof will be very dark without it. We have a 135is convert in mineral gray with a black interior only because it did not come with the gray interior.

tturedraider 01-31-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop362 (Post 7351452)
Anyone ever do either?? Ordered "is" today in LMB with black interior but still have till tomorrow to tweak if I feel the need.

I think the grey interior would look very nice with Lemans. By "is" I assume you mean you ordered a 335is. Is the sunroof delete a Priority 1 option on this car? Otherwise you'd have an uphill battle to delete the sunroof. You'd have to have a CA and dealer willing to make the argument to BMWNA.

SD Z4MR 02-01-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop362 (Post 7351452)
Anyone ever do either?? Ordered "is" today in LMB with black interior but still have till tomorrow to tweak if I feel the need.

:thumbup:

Unless you are going to track/autocross your car and you need the extra room for a helmet and/or want to reduce weight I don't see why you would delete the sunroof. We've had no problems with ours and helmets fit just fine. Also on a nice day it is great to drive the car on surface streets with the sunroof open and both windows down to listen to the beautiful aural feedback from the 335is exhaust!

My wife originally wanted the gray interior and both our CA and I tried to talk her out of it. Then the CA said "Let's go find a used 3 Series with a gray interior and see what you think." He found a 2008 CPO 335i (three years old at the time) with a gray interior that was in great shape. My wife noticed all the scuffs on the door panels, in the footwell, and on the dashboard and immediately changed her mind to black. She hasn't regretted it.

Did you get the 6MT or DCT? Either one is a great choice for different reasons.

furby076 02-01-2013 11:26 AM

These cars have accent lighting (amber). That should be more than enough at night. Frankly that accent lighting is super sexy. Got a hot girl, in a skimpy dress in the passenger seat, and the accent lighting on her bod...oh yea! That's what I'm talking about

Chop362 02-01-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD Z4MR (Post 7353156)
:thumbup:

Unless you are going to track/autocross your car and you need the extra room for a helmet and/or want to reduce weight I don't see why you would delete the sunroof. We've had no problems with ours and helmets fit just fine. Also on a nice day it is great to drive the car on surface streets with the sunroof open and both windows down to listen to the beautiful aural feedback from the 335is exhaust!

My wife originally wanted the gray interior and both our CA and I tried to talk her out of it. Then the CA said "Let's go find a used 3 Series with a gray interior and see what you think." He found a 2008 CPO 335i (three years old at the time) with a gray interior that was in great shape. My wife noticed all the scuffs on the door panels, in the footwell, and on the dashboard and immediately changed her mind to black. She hasn't regretted it.

Did you get the 6MT or DCT? Either one is a great choice for different reasons.

SD thanks or the reply...Believe i'll stick with the sunroof I go through this every auto purchase since I was 18 and had an Acura CL with a roof that rattled from day one this is not a brand comparison just a slight bout of fear but we all know BMW makes a solid roof as for the Gray that was a non sunroof issue thinking the cabin would be like the bat cave but yeah agree on the scuffs..Hideous. Got the DCT as I test drove an F30 with it and really enjoyed it so what the heck by the way those cars "Do Not" drive like a BMW should it's really a different feel and that steering!! Went with the standard 18's as you any regret?? Love the 19's and could alway's contact my C/A but being here in the N.East do I really want to screw around with bends & cracks?? This issue also comes to surface each and every time plus the hazard insurance has gone up to 1,500 so...:thumbup:

Chop362 02-01-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furby076 (Post 7353181)
These cars have accent lighting (amber). That should be more than enough at night. Frankly that accent lighting is super sexy. Got a hot girl, in a skimpy dress in the passenger seat, and the accent lighting on her bod...oh yea! That's what I'm talking about

Furby...Great comment maybe this should be a different forum on the Fest?? Good idea huh??

KAP8 02-01-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furby076 (Post 7353181)
These cars have accent lighting (amber). That should be more than enough at night. Frankly that accent lighting is super sexy. Got a hot girl, in a skimpy dress in the passenger seat, and the accent lighting on her bod...oh yea! That's what I'm talking about

My first E92 had a black interior. I could just barely see the accent lighting. I guess it is just too difficult to light up "black." Now I have the Saddle and the accent lighting really pops out. It looks incredible IMO.

furby076 02-01-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chop362 (Post 7353214)
Furby...Great comment maybe this should be a different forum on the Fest?? Good idea huh??

Hmmm, we could call that sub-forum ///M-Rated? :p

Chop362 02-01-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furby076 (Post 7353257)
Hmmm, we could call that sub-forum ///M-Rated? :p

M-Performance

Chop362 02-01-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAP8 (Post 7353219)
My first E92 had a black interior. I could just barely see the accent lighting. I guess it is just too difficult to light up "black." Now I have the Saddle and the accent lighting really pops out. It looks incredible IMO.

Kap8 Bet it does look good but the beauty of black interior?? Zero cleaning issues I guess ya can't have it all.:thumbup:

captainaudio 02-01-2013 01:14 PM

I have a black interior and (obviously) no moon roof on the E93 and don't find it dark. The 750 has a beige interior and I like the look but it is much harder to keep looking pristine.

CA

Bemo 02-01-2013 01:20 PM

I don't like the black interior of our GT. The panoramic sunroof does make it better, but the CPO deal outweighed the black interior, what can you do. :) Have fun and come out for one of the upcoming events.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms